#1 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,629 Thanks
  • 2,584 posts

Posted August 23, 2013 - 11:59 AM

.......after a big workout last night. My BIL and I took our tractors to the forrest last night to mow an area we call " Bear Camp", (sorry no pictures, forgot the camera) why do we call it that. That's where we camp when bear hunting in September. We are going to dry camp there on Labor Day.  It's about 2.5 acres and was a little bigger than we thought. My BIL took the 7014- S Simplicity and I took Charlie. BILs Simp mowed great. He could mow more and faster than I could and with the 48" deck he mowed more in a pass. Charlie mowed great but I forgot to take the grass chute off and the grass kept "balling" up under it and the ground bar. It would still mow but not cut great. We got it all done in about 2 1/2 hours. Looks really good now. Going to try to slide out there today and take a few pictures to post later. The grass was probably 3+' tall in places. A sickle bar mower would of been the thing to have to do this. In the past there were horse owners that would bring in a square bailer and bale the grass from this area and others in the forrest. They have since stopped.

I decided on the way home to leave Charlie on the trailer overnight and wash him in the morning. Charlie came to us after the passing of my wifes Mother and father. None of the other kids wanted him and I was glad to move him to norhtern Michigan. Here he is after his well deserved bath. Thanks. Roger.DSCF5180.JPG DSCF5185.JPG DSCF5181.JPG DSCF5182.JPG DSCF5183.JPG

• daytime dave, Alc, KennyP and 6 others have said thanks

#2 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 36782
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 23, 2013 - 12:37 PM

.......after a big workout last night. My BIL and I took our tractors to the forrest last night to mow an area we call " Bear Camp", (sorry no pictures, forgot the camera) why do we call it that. That's where we camp when bear hunting in September. We are going to dry camp there on Labor Day.  It's about 2.5 acres and was a little bigger than we thought. My BIL took the 7014- S Simplicity and I took Charlie. BILs Simp mowed great. He could mow more and faster than I could and with the 48" deck he mowed more in a pass. Charlie mowed great but I forgot to take the grass chute off and the grass kept "balling" up under it and the ground bar. It would still mow but not cut great. We got it all done in about 2 1/2 hours. Looks really good now. Going to try to slide out there today and take a few pictures to post later. The grass was probably 3+' tall in places. A sickle bar mower would of been the thing to have to do this. In the past there were horse owners that would bring in a square bailer and bale the grass from this area and others in the forrest. They have since stopped.

I decided on the way home to leave Charlie on the trailer overnight and wash him in the morning. Charlie came to us after the passing of my wifes Mother and father. None of the other kids wanted him and I was glad to move him to norhtern Michigan. Here he is after his well deserved bath. Thanks. Roger.attachicon.gifDSCF5180.JPGattachicon.gifDSCF5185.JPGattachicon.gifDSCF5181.JPGattachicon.gifDSCF5182.JPGattachicon.gifDSCF5183.JPG

You need a sickle bar!. That would be sweet

• hamman said thank you

#3 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,311 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted August 23, 2013 - 05:28 PM

Charlie looks like he's happy after his bath and working out.

Glad he found a good home, and thanks for introducing us. :D
  • hamman said thank you

#4 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted August 23, 2013 - 06:02 PM

Nice story and a very nice tractor! 

• hamman said thank you

#5 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,474 Thanks
  • 39,712 posts

Posted August 23, 2013 - 06:03 PM

Go, Charlie, Go! Glad he was up to the task! Looks great after a bath!

• hamman said thank you

#6 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted August 23, 2013 - 07:46 PM

Wow, great looking GT.  Thanks for those great photographs.

• hamman said thank you

#7 GT5k6spd OFFLINE  

GT5k6spd
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 31018
  • 37 Thanks
  • 53 posts

Posted August 27, 2013 - 12:10 PM

i smell a 'resto' project!

• hamman said thank you