snowblower b10 b-10 2-stage

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 eriklane OFFLINE  

• Member No: 32842
  • 10 Thanks
  • 40 posts

Posted August 23, 2013 - 08:33 AM

I have a nice B10 and it has the front drive shaft...I had a JD 110 and was not at all impressed by a single stage snowthrower except in dry snow where the ground was frozen.  When the ground is not froze, the bottom layer of even dry snow is mush and the clogging is just ridiculous.  Wanting to custom mount a 2-stage on the front, obviously after taking it entirely apart to keep only the blades and the front portion.

Anyone done this? Pics?

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

• Member No: 8923
  • 9,501 Thanks
  • 7,367 posts

Posted August 23, 2013 - 09:12 AM

I doubt the 10hp engine can power a 36" wide two stage. I have a bunch of those tractors and 4 blower attachments. I just got a pieces parts Simplicity with an 18 hp, 42" Blower, hydro, weights, and cab. I'll try it next winter but, like you said, I'm skeptical about it in wet snow. Good Luck, Rick

#3 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,052 Thanks
  • 2,166 posts

Posted August 23, 2013 - 09:42 AM

I think my single stage simp blower works better in wet snow than dry snow. It has to stay fed, but not overfed. Groundspeed is the ticket. Lube (I use furniture polish) can assist. I have only clogged mine when filling it completely moving snowbanks and going a bit too fast. Im not a fan of the 42" on the older machines...takes a big bite. I also prefer a 30 cube or larger. I can feel the load against a 10 horse but a 12 eats it up.

I wouldnt mess with a 2stage unless I had a 32 cube handy to power it. Neat project though...go for it!