• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Don Uhouse OFFLINE  

Don Uhouse
  • Member No: 45048
  • 5 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted August 23, 2013 - 12:15 AM

Well I finally got started on my ford Lgt165 I dropped the oil from the Hydro with the plug on the bottom of the differential. I knew it was not full and decided to install a spin on filter while was at it. I am not sure the hydo oil was ever chainged and I do not know the hours on the tractor but it was Black. Do I need to flush the hydro?? I know the tractor drove and Moved but I never got to work it much before I started working on it a year ago. as Usual I want to do the change right , so I guess the means put he spin on and fill it work it and change it agin! If any folks out there have any Ideas please feel free to give me advise. I did not see any shiney metal particles in the oil or Chunks coming out in the pan I guess that is good? Thanks folks ,open to  advise. Don Uhouse  Fernley nevada 

• boyscout862 said thank you

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,763 Thanks
  • 7,531 posts

Posted August 23, 2013 - 05:35 AM

You are doing it right with new fluid and a filter. Unfortunately a lot of things with old equipment will end up as, do the maintenance and then find the problems. Hopefully the maintenance will fix the problems. I like to print a spare copy of the maintenance pages from the manual and check them off as I go. I find that writing things down improves my memory. Good Luck,  Rick

#3 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,405 Thanks
  • 39,661 posts

Posted August 23, 2013 - 05:41 AM

Draining doesn't change all fluid, some is in the lines and cylinder. Run it a while and pull the filter. See how dirty it looks then. If it is still dark colored, you may want to do another change!

• Arti and OkieGt have said thanks