• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rustyoldjunk OFFLINE  

Has anybody seen my coffee ?

• Member No: 325
  • 2,353 Thanks
  • 1,210 posts

Posted August 22, 2013 - 06:33 PM

I have had this tractor for 20+ years.It was in bad shape when i drug it out of the woods and went thru it to get it going.I used it with the original model 19 for about 15 years until it smoked bad and used too much oil (the cylinder was worn bad and had already been bored once).I had a longblock under the workbench,that i had picked up years before that i pulled out,checked to see if it ran.It ran good so i put all my tin,carb and linkage,starter generator,etc on.This engine didn't have any numbers that i could find.All the tin fit great but there are a few little differences between the two engines such as the points are not setup quite the same.Anyway,with all this rambling,my question is what is the difference between a model 19 and a model 19D ?

Attached Thumbnails

• AMF 1414,sEARS CUSTOM 10xl 022.jpg
  • AMF 1414,sEARS CUSTOM 10xl 023.jpg

• boyscout862 said thank you

#2 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,051 Thanks
  • 2,166 posts

Posted August 22, 2013 - 08:43 PM

Bearings? Maybe thats a different 19 Im thinking of.

#3 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 8923
  • 9,445 Thanks
  • 7,337 posts

Posted August 23, 2013 - 07:12 AM

Nice little tractor. I just picked up a 725. They are both much more powerful than you would expect for their size. The best source for info on these old B&S are the B&S Repairmans manuals in or Manuals section. The older and newer have almost all the info you will need. I've used mine for 35 years and still discover new things in them. Good Luck, Rick

Edited by boyscout862, August 23, 2013 - 07:20 AM.