6 replies to this topic

#1 robert_p43 OFFLINE  

robert_p43
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11040
  • 572 Thanks
  • 534 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 08:02 PM

I saw an ad and emailed this morning for a Choremaster..  Gave my phone number and name and basically asked 2 questions.  Is it all there and does the motor seem to be in any shape that I might be able to get it running.

Tonight, I get a reply saying it will be in the yard sale on Friday so come early.  Maybe he will call after work on Thursday with some details.

All I wanted was a couple of details.

• Traill95 and boyscout862 have said thanks

#2 Traill95 OFFLINE  

Traill95

Traill95

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8763
  • 1,577 Thanks
  • 920 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 08:32 PM

I am picking up four of them Friday. I am meeting a guy at the Portland In. Tractor Show. If you were closer I could make you a deal on one. :smilewink:  Also picking up a George one wheel garden tractor. I know nothing about it but it looked good in the picture. :dancingbanana: 

• jbumgarner and robert_p43 have said thanks

#3 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,343 Thanks
  • 28,648 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 10:43 PM

I hear ya, simple instructions and nada...
Oh well, you were itching to get out of the house :smilewink:
  • robert_p43 said thank you

#4 robert_p43 OFFLINE  

robert_p43
  • Contributor
  • 572 Thanks
  • 534 posts

Posted August 22, 2013 - 07:22 AM

Yeah, I am itching for a ride.  The problem is that I have been watching my grandaughter all week and by the time she gets here, and then I drive 40 miles, it will be 3 hours into the yard sale. They start early around here.

I have had an eye on a Bolens Handi-Ho that a friend picked up a while back.  I put a bug in his ear and have mentioned it a couple of times.  Maybe I should pay him a visit and tell him I am going on Friday to buy that Choremaster and see if he might be ready to offer it up. I know neither is worth much, even when fully restored, but I like the way the Bolens looks, with the hood and grill and that rounded gas tank.

Of course, there is a good chance that I will end up with neither. and if I get none this week,  I won't give up on that Bolens.

#5 jbumgarner OFFLINE  

jbumgarner
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10248
  • 72 Thanks
  • 109 posts

Posted August 22, 2013 - 07:37 AM

I am picking up four of them Friday. I am meeting a guy at the Portland In. Tractor Show. If you were closer I could make you a deal on one. :smilewink:  Also picking up a George one wheel garden tractor. I know nothing about it but it looked good in the picture. :dancingbanana: 

I take it you were the one that bought the ones that have been on Epay.  I'm glad someone got them that would take care of them.  I had them on my watch list, but no money and it seemed no one was going to bid and I didn't know what the guy would of done with them if they wouldn't of sold.  Good for you.

#6 Traill95 OFFLINE  

Traill95

Traill95

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8763
  • 1,577 Thanks
  • 920 posts

Posted August 22, 2013 - 07:08 PM

I

I take it you were the one that bought the ones that have been on Epay.  I'm glad someone got them that would take care of them.  I had them on my watch list, but no money and it seemed no one was going to bid and I didn't know what the guy would of done with them if they wouldn't of sold.  Good for you.

I  only got half of the total that was for sale. The last hour saw a lot of bidding. I think I will be happy with what I did get though.

#7 robert_p43 OFFLINE  

robert_p43
  • Contributor
  • 572 Thanks
  • 534 posts

Posted August 23, 2013 - 07:49 AM

Well, I am not getting the Choremaster.  The wife called last night and could tell me absolutely nothing except that it was behind their house when they bought it some years ago and has been there ever since. I decided not to take the drive. I'll keep wotking on getting the one that I really want.