Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Vote Now Featured Tractor Of The Month For September 2013

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

Poll: Vote Now for Featured Tractor of the Month September 2013 (115 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote Now for Featured Tractor of the Month September 2013

1. John Deere 300 - James Henry (7 votes [6.09%])

Percentage of vote: 6.09%

2. Wheel Horse C-160 - hatedge (4 votes [3.48%])

Percentage of vote: 3.48%

3. David Bradley - sdevine (17 votes [14.78%])

Percentage of vote: 14.78%

4. Power King - sep (13 votes [11.30%])

Percentage of vote: 11.30%

5. John Deere 120 - Trav1s (14 votes [12.17%])

Percentage of vote: 12.17%

6. Voted Speedex S-19 - superspeedex (14 votes [12.17%])

Percentage of vote: 12.17%

7. Speedex S-17 - speedex99gt (4 votes [3.48%])

Percentage of vote: 3.48%

8. Bolens H16 - OkieGT (24 votes [20.87%])

Percentage of vote: 20.87%

9. Allis Chalmers B110 - suburban 12 (8 votes [6.96%])

Percentage of vote: 6.96%

10. Cub Cadet 129 - bgkid2966 (2 votes [1.74%])

Percentage of vote: 1.74%

11. Allis Chalmers 314 - Tommy Williamson (8 votes [6.96%])

Percentage of vote: 6.96%

Vote

#1 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted August 04, 2013 - 07:39 PM

Voting for GTtalk Featured Tractor of the Month for the month of September 2013 has now officially started and will end the last day of August. This month was an open month for nominations.

The winner will be featured on the GTtalk Home Page for the entire month of October and in our Featured Tractor Section for infinity. Our featured tractor winners are also printed in the Lawn & Garden Tractor Magazine so if you are not a subscriber you are missing out.

We have 11 nominations this month, let the voting begin!

• John Deere 300 - James Henry
  • Wheel Horse C-160 - hatedge
  • David Bradley - sdevine
  • Power King - sep
  • John Deere 120 - Trav1s
  • Speedex S-19 - superspeedex
  • Speedex S-17 - speedex99gt
  • Bolens H16 - OkieGT
  • Allis Chalmers B110 - suburban 12
  • Cub Cadet 129 - bgkid2966
  • Allis Chalmers 314 - Tommy Williamson

Before voting please be sure to check out all the entries in the posts below.

• blackjackjakexxix, JRJ and dxman have said thanks

#2 Delmar OFFLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,323 Thanks
  • 2,416 posts

Posted August 04, 2013 - 08:13 PM

Well, I'll start out the nominations with this 1976 John Deere 300.  It is a beast!  Saw this one advertised online a few months back.  It had a model 41 mower deck on it.  The po said it ran ok, but the PTO had burned up on it.  He may not have known it, but the deck was cracked and split in a couple of places too.  I had a PTO off of a 140 I was parting out, so I bolted it on.  I had the model 48 deck that came with the 140 too, and after I gave it new bearings and did a little welding on the deck and new paint and new blades and a new spring and belt, it was ready to go too.  I also had to do some work on the carburator , it was leaking air bad at the throttle shaft and needed a carb kit.  I needed weight on the front when pulling the plow and the tiller, so I welded up the bumper/weight bracket on the front and added a couple of suitcase weights, and now the front end stays down fine.

I have a model 33 tiller for this tractor, a model 49 snow blower, a sleeve hitch, and a 12 inch mold board plow.  I promised my wife several years and several garden tractors ago I would find one tractor that could do every thing I wanted it to....mow, plow, till, move snow,and of course look good!  I still have a couple of other garden tractors, but this one is my go to.  Only one thing is missing, a grass catcher for it.  Lucky for me, I was talking about old garden tractors with a friend I work with.  He said he had an old John Deere power flow and did I want it. He did not have the tractor any more that it went to, and he was cleaning out his barn.    The power flow is for a model 46 deck, but I think I can make it work for me.....that will be my next project.

100_9537.jpg 100_9664.jpg 100_9666.jpg 100_9665.jpg

Edited by James henry, August 04, 2013 - 08:23 PM.

• NUTNDUN, olcowhand, Texas Deere and Horse and 14 others have said thanks

#3 hatedge OFFLINE  

hatedge

Beer Guzzling Canuck

• Member No: 9737
  • 292 Thanks
  • 577 posts

Posted August 04, 2013 - 09:57 PM

I want to nominate My Wheel Horse C-160 for tractor of the month because it deserves it.

Let me begin by explaining a bit about Gts up in Qc. Canada. As opposed to our fine American neighbours, up here we dont see many of them Gts. When we do they usually are in poor condition. Gts being uncommon here we have to choose between spending indecent amounts ordering parts from the States or fabricating and repairing what we have. I bought my first GT a little over a year ago. It was a Bolens 1886. I spent a lot of time prettying it up and even more learning about tractors and their mecanics. I was quite lost when it came to repairing my first tractor but I was lucky enough to have found this forum and received a lot of help from our fine fellows here. Sadly I was forced to sell the Bolens before I got to start blowing snow with it. I was VERY bummed out about this and was convinced I would never find another Gt.

This spring I finally decided to stop  feeling sorry for myself and tried to find another tractor. Luckily enough I soon found a pair of Wheel Horses with mower dozer blade and snowthrower. And since Gts are scarce 'round here I picked them up even though I tought they were too small for me. Being 6'3'' I need a large Gt to be comfortable sitting on it. Well after a decent coat of paint and a couple weeks in the barn/workshop. I finally started to work around the house with it.

My first idea was to make a quick flip with them Wheel Horse and use the profit to shop for something bigger and stronger. It took only a few days for me to start realizing that size does not necesarily mean everything. The little Horse started pulling loads I was convinced it couldnt. Its so strong that I hook a 6x12 trailer behind it and go up in the forest to cut firewood and it pulls the same load that my 4 wheeler did before the engine blew from so much work. The difference is the Wheel Horse does not even sound like its working hard, but I wont over do it, Im getting to attached to it to take a chance blowing the engine.

Day after day this ''little'' C160 impresses me and pulls more work than I would ever have expected it could. I use it as a bulldozer, as a trailler puller, as my primary snowmobile mover. it fits anywhere its light enough to move it but not too light to have enough traction to pull loads uphill. My yard is at a 45 degree angle on 100 foot and snowmobiles need to be pulled up from the barn/workshop at the bottom of the hill when customers come to pick em up. This Wheel Horse as tought me a good lesson: Never judge a Gt by its size. I mourned my Bolens it was a beauty but this here Wheel Horse as won the favored spot in the barn and I am truly greatfull to have this little bull to help around the house everyday. I truly love this tractor and cant see how I could do without it now. And after a while It doesnt look small to me anymore.

Enough talking heres some pics of my work partner from day 1 to now. See the firewood in the back of pic 3? well thats the load the Horse pulled in 2 days before the picture ! Aint it just amazing?

There seem to be a misunderstanding. All pics are of the same tractor. The cab was traded with the one on the 120 so I could save the decals and have a red base under the new coat of paint.

wheel horse  C series 160 (20).JPG Aryane Wheel horse (2).JPG Wheel horse c160 working (7).JPG

Edited by hatedge, August 05, 2013 - 05:07 PM.

• NUTNDUN, olcowhand, Texas Deere and Horse and 15 others have said thanks

#4 sdevine OFFLINE  

sdevine

• Contributor
  • Member No: 4489
  • 56 Thanks
  • 43 posts

Posted August 05, 2013 - 12:11 PM

I would like to nominate my 1949 David Bradley garden tractor. A couple of years ago, I decided to get back into gardening. As a young boy in the mid-west, I grew up with a John Deere 110, and lived on a 3 acre yard- 1/4 of which was garden. My parents were both teachers, and I had 5 brothers and sisters. So, how do you feed a crowd like that on a teacher salary? Well, you grow it yourself in the garden. After growing up and moving to the city, the thought of gardening was the remotest of thoughts. We grew our garden with no artificial anything- nowadays people call it 'organic' but we just called it food. Well, it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out these days that our food now is over hybridized, genetically modified, loaded with chemicals and preservatives- and everyone is getting sick. Who ever heard of someone being gluten allergic? So, I decided it was time to return to gardening. Plus, I felt that as Americans, we are far too reliant on those 18 wheelers that roll into our grocery stores every couple of days. So- I had to find me some equipment to till the soil with. Sadly, my yard is waaay too small for any sort of riding tractor (thus, no John Deere 110), but I wanted something more than a rototiller. I went looking and found these great old garden tractors, with implements to do all sorts of things. I thought this would be perfect! Well, I live in Texas, and walking tractors just didn't seem to catch on here, and I couldn't find any locally. I really liked the David Bradley- it was so cool looking, had a good reputation, and they were made with 60+ attachments. I thought this would be perfect! After much looking, I found a pair for sale in the same town that my uncle lived in up in Massachusetts- they are still very popular in the midwest and the east coast. I thought this would be a good excuse to visit my relatives, made a deal for 2 broken down tractors for $100. Plus about $500 to go get them! Well, I was excited to get them and to make a good project out of it- and I decided to use it to start a DIY show- The American Garage. Well, I got the tractors, and started in on the project. As with all of my projects, I did it with pocket change and budget leftovers. I never go into debt for a hobby. I tore down the 1949 model, and proceeded to sandblast, prime, paint, repair- until I had a complete tractor. I did upgrade the Briggs & Stratton motor (1hp) to a newer 3hp motor. It was difficult finding parts until I found Bob's Small Engine Repair- he was a great help with all the right parts. But, I wanted to keep the original carb and intake- it looked so cool, plus the gas tank on the new motor would not fit under the hood. And, I wanted to use the old gas tank too. So begins the fun of modifying- and the trial and error that is involved. It ran terrible. I made an adapter for the intake manifold, as the screws were 90 degrees from where they needed to be for the new engine. I had to scrap the adapter, as the engine would run great so long as it had no burden on it whatsoever. It could not even pull itself- the lengthening of the intake with the adapter took all the engine's torque. Bob found me an acceptable intake manifold, and I also had to modify the carb, drilling out the holes on the jet to provide enough fuel for the bigger engine. Finally, I had a good tractor that would pull itself and cut through the dirt. Success! I made video episodes of the whole project, received lots of advice from members here, and had a bit of fun along the way. Now, I have this great garden tractor, and I planted my first garden in 30 years with it this past spring. I used all heirloom seed so I can keep replenishing it, and had some measure of success. Now it is time to plow it in and start getting ready for a fall garden- yes- in southeast Texas, we can grow 3 times a year if we plan it right. And now I have the coolest tractor in the neighborhood to help me with it. A 1949 David Bradley! Hope you like my tractor and story and thanks to all that helped make it possible-

Stephen

DBstart1.jpg dbprimed.jpg DBfinal1.jpg DBfinal2.jpg DBfinal3.jpg DBfinal4.jpg

• olcowhand, Texas Deere and Horse, Littledeere and 10 others have said thanks

#5 sep OFFLINE  

sep
  • Member No: 25080
  • 60 Thanks
  • 65 posts

Posted August 05, 2013 - 08:41 PM

Hi, I'd like to nominate my 1971 Power King Tractor - Humpty Dumpty

I had first seen this tractor on a classified board at work in 2001. It was a fully functioning 1614 at the time. It had a Kohler K321 14 hp engine, dual 3 speed transmissions, dana rear end, snow plow, mowing deck, rear farm type plows, 3 point hitch and an extra set of turf tires and rims.

I didn't have the cash to buy it so a friend, Frank, that worked with me bought it. Frank ran it until 2007 when he blew up the Kohler. He tore down the front end to get to the engine and tore down the engine to replace the rod and piston but never did. He went out and bought a new fiberglass bodied Power King. So the PK sat outside in pieces until the day before Frank retired. He called me up and said he had a retirement present for me. I laughed and told him I wasn't retiring, he was. He went on to say that he wanted me to have the Power King since I always asked about it.

So the story of Humpty Dumpty started on Dec 1, 2009 when I went and picked it up.

I got the tractor to my friend Angelo's and he said that we better get a replacement engine since the 14hp Kohler K321 was missing so much. He was plowing snow for this guy and he noticed that the guy had a big ole hunk of junk in the bed of his plow truck and it had an engine on it. He asked the guy what it was and he said a 1960 something stump grinder. Ang told him that was nice but what about the engine and climbed up into the back of the truck. It was a 16hp Kohler K341 and the guy said for him to unbolt it and take it.

Once he got it out of the back of the truck the next stop was the rental joint were his buddy Charlie was going to go thru it in his spare time. Well that ended up being about 5 months but it received a new piston, rod and a valve job which cost me a whopping $50. Wait..I don't remember giving Ang the $50..LOL!

It was another month and Ang didn't do much to it. He was going to clean it up, remove and old clutch flywheel and pull off the pull start. Yes..I said pull start. There is no way on a 10 degree day that I'm going to be pull starting a 16hp engine to plow snow.

I only made it to his house twice and he didn't touch the thing at all so I went and picked it all up in October. I dropped the tractor at the house and brought the engine to work with me. My buddies and I worked on it during lunch and then tucked it away in this huge moving crate that had a built in drop ramp. Jack and Gabe pulled off the old pull start, flywheel and such while I took a dremel to the flywheel that wouldn't break free for no one.

Funny thing, Frank called and said he had found a bunch of parts for that engine and dropped them off to us. I measured every inch of the old block and new to ensure that they were the same. I went into the pile of stuff that Frank dropped and pulled the flywheel, stator, starter and so on. I took it all home and painted everything. The starter was missing teeth so I picked one up off of ebay. I also bought to clutch parts from Jerry in Texas and with help from the yahoo PK guys we put the clutch all back together too.

While we worked on the engine and clutch at work, I figured I’d clean up the rest of the PK at night and on weekends if I had time. It wasn’t supposed to be a full ground up restoration, I just wanted to clean it up and make it look decent. The thing had original paint, some other paint and some stuff that looked like a cross between paint and undercoating so I decided to try to get the big stuff off of it and try my luck at painting. I set up a big tarp out in the back yard to sand blast all of the tin and frame. I didn’t have the right tools for the job so my brother, Rob, brought over his sand blaster, large air compressor, welder and small air grinder. I set up 2 tables under the tarp along with the frame. I started to blast the parts and found that the parts with original paint came right off and others were a nightmare. My 11 year old son, Matt, took an interest in blasting so I suited him up and let him go to town. I ended up having to use paint stripper on some parts. The main body panel called the tunnel was rusted out where the battery sits so Matt and I took a drill and air chisel to it and got the bad piece removed. Rob took the old battery panel to work and made me a replacement. He welded it into place and I used a little body filler on it to smooth it out. I’m more used to working with sheetrock mud so this was a bit challenging. Rob offered to prep, prime and paint everything but I told him that I wanted to try it myself so I did. It didn’t come out too bad considering this was the first time wheeling a paint gun, a borrowed paint gun. Of course he pointed out a “fish eye” and a couple runs but I didn’t really care. I just wanted to say that I had done it myself.

On most of the early model Power King, Economy and Jim Dandy tractors, they used all orange paint. I wanted something a little different so I went with the gloss black frame and attachments and orange for the body tin.  Tractor Supply is about a half mile from the house so I used their Valspar tractor implement primer and paint.

Once I had everything prepped and ready to go, it was time to put Humpty Dumpty back together. I dumped the two coffee cans full of nuts and bolts onto a big table and started to sort everything out. My buddy Jack brought me all of his mics and gauges to figure out what we had and made a list of all the rusted junk. I picked up all of the hardware and headed to the garage. There really isn’t a lot to the PK but it is all of the little things that made me scratch my head so I decided to do a dry fit to make sure I had all the parts in the right places. Once I got the tunnel, dashboard and fenders back on, it started to look like something. Rob made me the two long hydraulic hoses and the positive and negative battery cables at work. I ran all of those and put on the hydraulic pump on. I took the tires and rims down to the local tractor shop. I switched out the older Ags for the newer looking turfs and got two new tires for the front. After those were mounted, it was time to get it back on the ground for the new 16hp. Rob helped me lift it onto the frame and slide it onto the pilot shaft. It only took a little wiggle for it to set right. I bolted it all into place and was ready for the hydraulic pump. Matty P. worked with me on that as well as putting on the gas tank and front grill.

The old lights were beat so I picked up a few replacements at my local hardware store. I added one to the back so I could see the hitch at nite and a safety light so everyone can see me while plowing my 500’ driveway. Jack and I changed out the steering wheel and blasted in a new clutch cable, throttle cable, battery box and wired in all the lights. I put on a nice comfy seat cushion all by myself. LOL! With snow season coming up quick, I figured I’d better get some chains for plowing so I called up Frank and asked if he still had some kicking around. He did so I went and grabbed them. What a nightmare putting those things on. My hands still hurt. I mounted the plow and she is ready to go. Here are some pics of how Humpty Dumpty looks today. Not bad for a rookie??

Attached Thumbnails

• 71+PK+ready+to+strip.jpg
  • 71%20PK%20rear%20view.JPG
  • humpty%20dumpty.jpg
  • back%20in%20black%20frame.JPG
  • everything%20is%20orange.JPG
  • dry%20fit%201.JPG
  • pk%20done%202%20GZ.jpg
  • chains%20and%20plow%202.JPG

• olcowhand, Texas Deere and Horse, Littledeere and 11 others have said thanks

#6 Trav1s OFFLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• Member No: 5472
  • 2,603 Thanks
  • 3,750 posts

Posted August 06, 2013 - 09:56 AM

I would like to nominate my 1971 John Deere 120 Restification for the Tractor of the Month.

First a bit of background on the 120 - Deere produced them in 1970 and 1971. They were the first Deere tractor to use the Sunstrand/Dana combo which became standard on the 140's from 30,001 and up. The 120 was essentially a cheaper 140 H1 and was equipt with single rear brakes, single hydraulic remote, and a 12 HP Kohler K301. From what I have gathered there were less than 10k made during the production run. This machine is in the 8,0xx range. There are quite a few parts on the 120 that were unique to it including the fender pan. After 120 production stopped these left overs found themselves on the later 140H1 tractors.

There is a bunch more info on the 120/140 tractors here: --> http://www.weekendfr...hines.com/info/ and select 120 or 140 from the left side picklist

I began my hunt for a hydrostatic drive Deere after a member of my church gave me a like new model 49 snow blower. I kept using my RF 110 for everyday work. I really wanted a 140 so I passed on several 314s, a 316K, and a 300 then this 120 showed up on WFM. I watched the price drop and drop until I contacted the seller who was south of Iowa City. I learned that if I did not buy it the other person (who made a lowball offer) was going to part it out. My correspondence revealed that it had been longblocked in the 90's and it appeared the pump was rebuilt around the same time. The owner that I purchased it from picked it up at a local Deere dealer and had intended to restore it to go along with his other 120. During various times in its life this 120 was used for snow removal due to the holdes in the fender pan then was relegated to mowing heavy grass. Before he started the project he decided to sell it and I ended up with it. It included a 41 deck that needed some TLC but for $550 I felt like it was a fair price.

I brought it home and did the requisite carb rebuild, tune up, oil change, & hydro fluid change before I put it to work. I used it for two months in the fall of 2011 but had some problems with the float sticking on the carb and a bad coil. Once those were resolved I put the blower on it and got ready for winter. During the first time out with the blower in place I lost a front wheel bearing cap and discovered the bearings were shot and the spindle was damaged. I decided it was time to replace spindles with the heavy duty spindles used on the later 140's. (At this time I also went at the 41 deck with the power washer to discover it had more in common with swiss cheese than sheet steel so I salvaged what I could and recycled the deck.) During this time I decided to give the tractor a repaint and you may know how that goes... The project got much larger than I expected. I ended up repairing the holes in the fender pan, stripping the old paint, then priming and painting the entire tractor. I removed the engine from the frame and painted the engine Deere Blitz black and the muffler Deere muffler black. I also used Duplicolor Spray On Bed Liner for the foot rests. During reassembly I reused as many of the original parts as possible but replaced the steering wheel as the old one was stuck to the shaft and cracked. I kept the unique "120" parts that were removed and they are stashed away for safe keeping. All of my modifications can be easily removed so the tractor could be returned to factory built condition. Other than the welding, I did all of the work in my garage with basic hand tools. I used Duplicolor primer and JD and Valspar spray cans and am happy with the results.

As of now this is the list of additions/modifications I have added to my 120:
  • H3 conversion using all JD parts (140 valve set, 317 pump to valve body lines) and plumbed to have the deck raise independently from the front remotes.
  • Kirkengines.com Pointslayer, blilet valve cover and fuel pump block-off, plug wire, and a few other small things
  • Rebuilt steering box and replaced center link using Deere parts. I also upgraded steering tie rod end links to some bearing pieced I found at www.speedwaymotors.com
  • Carlisle All-Trac 23-8.50x12 rear tires and Carlise Turf Savers on front
  • Deere hub caps (used/worker quality)
  • Carter 26 carb (replaced the pain in the ____ Walbro that was on it)
  • New decals from www.hapcoparts.com (still waiting for reproduction seat for it too)
  • Repaired holes in fender pan and applied Duplicolor bed line to the foot rests
  • Many small bolts/fasteners and misc parts from Deere and the local Napa
  • New ignition switch, solenoid, & battery cables
  • Picked up a replacement 41 deck in Kansas that is currently being used "as-is" but will get rebuild over the winter or as time allows.
  • Repaired the fiberglass hood, stripped and painted the tractor
  • Borrowed the seat from my 314 :D
Still waiting to complete the following items:
  • Plumb the 2nd set of front remotes

• Prime and paint seat pan then install Hapco replacement seat

• Install LED headlights in the standard location to go along with the LED tails that are already installed. (made my own wiring harness for this)

• Get new gas cap/gauge for it.

This tractor is a worker that has already been put to work mowing the lawn. My modifications were to make the tractor more usable/practical/reliable and follow the ideas of the "resto-mod" movement in the automotive world - combline classic design with modern improvements that add to the original package. The Pointslayer is the single best upgrade that I have made to this tractor. The rear tires have incredible bite and do NOT tear up my yard. The carb swap improves cold start and is much easier to tune than the Walbro that came on it. Again, this machine is being used and will be used as long as I own it.

Here is the original build thread: http://gardentractor.../7650-1971-120/

Attached Thumbnails

• 120 1.jpg
  • 120 2.jpg
  • 120 3.jpg
  • 120 deck 2.jpg
  • 120 deck.jpg
  • DSC08071.jpg
  • Engine 1.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

Edited by NUTNDUN, August 21, 2013 - 05:25 PM.

• kwj427, Texas Deere and Horse, Littledeere and 14 others have said thanks

#7 superspeedex OFFLINE  

superspeedex

gttalk enthusiast

• Member No: 40756
  • 851 Thanks
  • 959 posts

Posted August 06, 2013 - 06:55 PM

My speedex S-19

My speedex tractor is great, it all started on day when a guy asked my dad "Hey do you no anyone that wants a speedex tractor"  well my dad says ill think about that.  Ended up 2 days later my pap picked it up came with a chain drive mower deck and frount plow and after he got it running' it was locked up'  He gave it to me for free had $0 in this tractor Any i Loved the thing i was only probaly 14.   I had driven it and put many hours into it and it was finally due for a rebulid welll soon after that i accuried another speedex s 17 but still it just wasnt the same.

I had taken my tractor to a couple plow days and everyone was always impressed with my speedex size has nothing to do with power.   But my speedex had made it a long way and alot of wheelies hah..  So this summer came around and i figured id restore it Didnt take much cause there aint alot to a speedex so i went through it put bushings where it needed tightend some things up and of coure painted it and boy does it get some looks!!    Also i ended up making a better plow hitch for it that was alot more adjustable.  And the most i have ever pulled was 1200lb on a dead sled

Attached Thumbnails

• 0713131448.jpg
  • 0713131448a.jpg
  • 0713131448b.jpg
  • DSCN6265.JPG

• olcowhand, Texas Deere and Horse, Littledeere and 15 others have said thanks

#8 speedex99gt OFFLINE  

speedex99gt
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 10699
  • 43 Thanks
  • 52 posts

Posted August 08, 2013 - 09:01 AM

I'd like to nominate my Speedex s17. That I bought at an aucion for $45. It has fluid filled back tires. I put a kawasaki engine in it. It also came with a dirt plow. Not picured. I had it sandblasted then i tore it down and repainted sail blue. It can pull almost anything i hook it to. I've had 3 speedexes and i'd have too say this one's gotta be my favorite. I had a S14 that i took apart and repainted it, It was fun but took me alot longer to do and was a lot more confusing. Speedex tractors were built to work, this one is a prime example of that there drivetrains will hold up to anything but there frames arn't what i'd call study they will flex when pulling a load.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_9750_edited-1.jpg
  • IMG_9755_edited-1.jpg
  • IMG_9758_edited-1.jpg
  • 0724031641.jpg
  • 0725031548.jpg

Edited by speedex99gt, August 08, 2013 - 01:50 PM.

• Texas Deere and Horse, Littledeere, sacsr and 10 others have said thanks

#9 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 36782
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 08, 2013 - 10:31 AM

This post has been promoted to an article

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF3258.JPG
  • DSCF3259.JPG
  • DSCF3260.JPG
  • DSCF3308.JPG
  • DSCF3309.JPG
  • DSCF3311.JPG
  • DSCF3316.JPG
  • DSCF3330.JPG
  • DSCF3331.JPG

Edited by OkieGt, August 09, 2013 - 10:02 PM.

• olcowhand, Texas Deere and Horse, sacsr and 11 others have said thanks

#10 suburban 12 OFFLINE  

suburban 12
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29382
  • 396 Thanks
  • 325 posts

Posted August 09, 2013 - 10:27 PM

I would like to nominate my Allis Chalmers B110- Emma.

I bought my B110 with a mower deck, snow plow, many misc bolts, deck spindles, blades, and most of an allis B10 ( I parted it out shortly after) form a guy who owned a scrap yard and thats were he got the B10 but that supprisingly wasnt how he got the B110. I was told that it had actually in his family since it was new. What he told me was that his mother had won it in a raffle at a local fair. That he had rolled it wile hill climbing without the deck on, run into a ditch( breaking the headlights), and somehow the differential broke. Someting happned to the original engine and he had put a new 16hp( making it a B116) in it in the early 90's.

When I got them home, with my brothers help I took the transmission from the B10 and put it in the B110. I put a set of rubber case headlights that came with all of the other parts on, and wired them up. I put a stack on it since the muffler that was on it was cheap and blew back at the hood. I bent a piece of aluminum that I had and attached it to support it. The front bearing in the starter was going bad, so I took it off and put another one on. I have used it to mow the yard, plow snow, haul fire wood, and do some miniature rock climbing. I have broken two keys, I have a bad habit of leaving it in the switch, and am now remembering to take it out when I turn it off. I have no intentions on restoring this tractor until it needs to be since it is still in great shape.

100_3810.JPG 100_4262.JPG 102_0781.JPG

102_0782.JPG 102_0783.JPG

Edited by suburban 12, August 09, 2013 - 10:28 PM.

• olcowhand, Texas Deere and Horse, sacsr and 9 others have said thanks

#11 bgkid2966 OFFLINE  

bgkid2966

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8254
  • 1,407 Thanks
  • 1,327 posts

Posted August 10, 2013 - 10:33 AM

I would like to nominate my Cub Cadet 129.

I acquired this tractor by chance when I was trying to find the David Bradley Suburban I used as a kid to mow and plow snow with. We did not own the DB. It was owned by our neighbor and he let us use it as long as we maintained it and plowed his snow. So, I contacted our old neighbor and he said the tractor is at my rental house and does not run. You can have it if you want to go get it. I went to his rental house and the tenant said that tractor was under water for a week after the flood. A friend and I headed to the garage and there sat my 129. It had a mower deck and yard cart with it.

We dragged it out and brought it home. It was in surprisingly good condition in appearance. The engine was full of water and had stacks of washers on all the head bolts. :(  With a quick overhaul and carb cleaning the K301 fired right up. Then it would only move about 3 feet then stop. Hydrostatic drive was new to me then and I was lost. After a little investigation I pulled the filter and the oil tube on the trans and it was full of ice. Trans was then drained and refilled and the 129 moved along nicely. I put an electric winch on the front and modified a snow plow from a Toro to fit.  I have been using this for pushing snow every year since 2000 and it has been perfectly reliable except for breaking one pin in the driveshaft. I have supplies to make lead wheel weights(Thanks for the idea Kenny). I am also going to remove the balance gears before winter. 

There are no further plans yet....Until my brain gets going!!

DSCN0827.JPG  DSCN0832.JPG

DSCN0828.JPG  IMG_0466.JPG

DSCN0831.JPG  IMG_0469.JPG

IMG_0471.JPG    IMG_0474.JPG

Thank you for reading.

Geno

• olcowhand, Texas Deere and Horse, sacsr and 7 others have said thanks

#12 VintageIronCollector ONLINE  

VintageIronCollector

Immersed in Tractors

• Contributor
  • Member No: 33118
  • 1,267 Thanks
  • 1,768 posts

Posted August 12, 2013 - 05:09 PM

I would like to nominate my 1971 Allis Chalmers 314 Hydrostatic. In 2008 at a local auction my father bought me a Allis Chalmers 314 Hydrostatic for $125. When we got it the tractor didn't run and the rear tires had cement poured into them. After several painstaking days we finally got the cement out of the wheels with vinegar and a little force. But the wheels looked horrible so we put on other wheels but the tractor still didn't run. We eventually ended up getting the tractor to a friend of my dad's who works on garden tractors. He said the engine needed around $350 dollars worth of parts to put into it. So we bought a donor tractor for $100 and hauled it to his house. Fortunately it had all of the necessary engine parts so he got it running.

It sat in the shed until August 2011 when we decided it was time to do something. We bought a battery for it and wired up a New Old Stock rear light for it. We just finished a week before a local tractor show in Dover, Pa. At the tractor show my family was the only people to bring 300 series Allis Chalmers garden tractors because we took my 314 and my dad's 310. Just recently I decided to customize it a little bit for another tractor show so I put a air horn on it. Boy, does it get people's attention when I blow that air horn.

IMG_2591.JPG

IMG_2592.JPG

• Texas Deere and Horse, sacsr, Delmar and 7 others have said thanks

#13 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 36782
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 05:31 PM

I would like to nominate my 1971 Allis Chalmers 314 Hydrostatic. In 2008 at a local auction my father bought me a Allis Chalmers 314 Hydrostatic for $125. When we got it the tractor didn't run and the rear tires had cement poured into them. After several painstaking days we finally got the cement out of the wheels with vinegar and a little force. But the wheels looked horrible so we put on other wheels but the tractor still didn't run. We eventually ended up getting the tractor to a friend of my dad's who works on garden tractors. He said the engine needed around $350 dollars worth of parts to put into it. So we bought a donor tractor for $100 and hauled it to his house. Fortunately it had all of the necessary engine parts so he got it running.

It sat in the shed until August 2011 when we decided it was time to do something. We bought a battery for it and wired up a New Old Stock rear light for it. We just finished a week before a local tractor show in Dover, Pa. At the tractor show my family was the only people to bring 300 series Allis Chalmers garden tractors because we took my 314 and my dad's 310. Just recently I decided to customize it a little bit for another tractor show so I put a air horn on it. Boy, does it get people's attention when I blow that air horn.

attachicon.gifIMG_2591.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_2592.JPG

If you need any parts I have a whole parts tractor minus engine, I'd be glad to get rid of cheap, meaning VERY little, plus shipping, lol

• JRJ said thank you

#14 Meangreen OFFLINE  

Meangreen

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 31
  • 94 Thanks
  • 300 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 10:44 PM

Nice lineup of tractors. Best of luck to all, I voted for my favorite :dancingbanana:

Love the fact that GTalk is on Facebook to remind me to vote. Hope someday the winning tractor has over 10,000 votes from members :wave:

• Texas Deere and Horse, hamman, Delmar and 5 others have said thanks

#15 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,629 Thanks
  • 2,585 posts

Posted August 22, 2013 - 05:28 AM

Well....I voted......  and it wasn't easy. All very nice tractors. Ya'll should be very proud of your machines. Thanks for sharing them with us. Good Luck to you all. Roger.

• bgkid2966, hatedge, WNYTractorTinkerer and 2 others have said thanks