19 replies to this topic

#16 TerryD OFFLINE  

TerryD

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5916
  • 132 Thanks
  • 254 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 05:42 PM

Thank you for your Service, when and where did you serve?

I got started at the tender age of 17. Parents had to sign for me to go in '81. Boot camp at Great Lakes, first ship was a Destroyer on the west coast. Mostly ships since then and The latter half was split between Pearl Harbor and east coast. Retired in 06 in Kansas City.

Went back to school towards the end and now working on my next retirement. :)
  • OkieGt said thank you

#17 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 05:43 PM

I'm really itching to get another Bolens,  A large frame early HT or 1886. I know this guy with a 1050 that has a 10hp Yanmar aircooled diesel repower for 300.00, but I'm holding out for something stock. I dont do geared tractors, only hydros, I wish I could. Maybe i'll get the courage to try, the first few I had were geared and I wasn't a fan of shifting

We're complete opposite!

All mine are Geared! :D

I wouldn't mind having a hydro for snow casting though.

I used to have a 1256 that was Hydro. It was the first and last Bolens I will ever sell as I regret selling it to this day.

• OkieGt said thank you

#18 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 36782
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 09:19 PM

I got started at the tender age of 17. Parents had to sign for me to go in '81. Boot camp at Great Lakes, first ship was a Destroyer on the west coast. Mostly ships since then and The latter half was split between Pearl Harbor and east coast. Retired in 06 in Kansas City.

Went back to school towards the end and now working on my next retirement. :)

I was 17 as well, 1975, Boot Camp and Advanced Infantry Training in Ft Polk Louisiana, all over after that in training and training others, I spent a lot of time in Central America in the late 70s on leech patrol, later assigned to the 25th in Hawaii, but I wasn't there much, Temporary Duty in the field training our allies, or so they said they were allies, I'm not so sure. i just started back to school last year, I spent from 1982-2009 drunk, hey its a tough job

• TerryD said thank you

#19 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 36782
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 09:22 PM

We're complete opposite!

All mine are Geared! :D

I wouldn't mind having a hydro for snow casting though.

I used to have a 1256 that was Hydro. It was the first and last Bolens I will ever sell as I regret selling it to this day.

That really works out well, I'll keep an eye out for geres tractors for you, Did they make a large frame with a Tecumseh single?. I'm really leaning toward a 1886, but dont know whether I want a 01 or 06 or a early HT18

#20 TerryD OFFLINE  

TerryD

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5916
  • 132 Thanks
  • 254 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 10:39 PM

I was 17 as well, 1975, Boot Camp and Advanced Infantry Training in Ft Polk Louisiana, all over after that in training and training others, I spent a lot of time in Central America in the late 70s on leech patrol, later assigned to the 25th in Hawaii, but I wasn't there much, Temporary Duty in the field training our allies, or so they said they were allies, I'm not so sure. i just started back to school last year, I spent from 1982-2009 drunk, hey its a tough job

Glad you are on the road to recovery. It's tough, but you will be fine. I've had my bouts too....pain management I called it. I've found that judicious use of meds and staying active are better for me. I don't feel so bad the next day. :)

Thank you for your service as well. My brother was in Nam. My dad was WWII. Both made it back. Glad you did too!

Congrats on going back to school. It means something entirely different when you are older, and the profs know it.
  • OkieGt said thank you