19 replies to this topic

#1 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 36782
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 20, 2013 - 09:25 PM

Every week I try to take out four our five tractors and use them to mow plow or just drive, with 13 tractors it becomes a chore, just to keep them gassed up, oil changed and running, best way to keep them tip-top is to drive them

http://s1197.photobu...0dc32e.mp4.html

• Gtractor, MH81, hamman and 10 others have said thanks

#2 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted August 20, 2013 - 11:02 PM

You have quite a heard there :thumbs: would like to get my hands on a ariens some day

• OkieGt said thank you

#3 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 20, 2013 - 11:19 PM

You have quite a heard there :thumbs: would like to get my hands on a ariens some day

Here's the rest of the herd

http://s1197.photobu...tml?sort=3&o=34

• TerryD, Dieselcubmike, JRJ and 2 others have said thanks

#4 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,523 Thanks
  • 2,831 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 12:08 AM

Enjoyed it. Looks like their all working tractors....do you have a restore or any that you won't get dirty? Thanks for sharing.

• OkieGt said thank you

#5 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 12:20 AM

Enjoyed it. Looks like their all working tractors....do you have a restore or any that you won't get dirty? Thanks for sharing.

I'm glad you asked, because that's a subject that's been bothering me. I have a Massey MF-16 and trailer I restored that is only for show and a Bolens that I just finished that I will have qualms about using, I dont want my tractors for show, in fact I dont enjoy taking them to shows. I spent 5 years aquiring them from the original owners, family, or second owners, they were well taken care of and most were good running tractors when i bought them. I dont own any parts tractors, rollers, or rust heaps for the simple reasons that I want my place to look nice, and I dont need them if I spend a little more money and get the better tractors. I lost a lot of my eyesight and job four years ago, luckily I quit drinking and smoking five years ago, its the reason I am able to afford to buy some of these, that and working on a few of them on the side. I want my tractors to mow, plow, till, cultivate and haul stuff I need to haul. I have 20 acres here, more than enough to use all my tractors,,the only thing I'm short of is rear ends to put on them

IMG_20120601_185919.jpg

DSCF3331.JPG

Edited by OkieGt, August 21, 2013 - 12:24 AM.

• sacsr, Delmar, TerryD and 6 others have said thanks

#6 A.C.T. OFFLINE  

A.C.T.

Another Classic Tractor

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 11085
  • 2,363 Thanks
  • 2,496 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 07:19 AM

You are a lucky man!

• OkieGt said thank you

#7 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 07:32 AM

You are a lucky man!

I am at that, and I have been more than blessed, So much so that it is my goal to help others as well. After i receive my degree, I hope I can fulfill that goal. Everyone is different, we are made of not only cells and tissue, but of our culture, and experiences as well, The challenge is for each of us to accept the other, understanding our differences and celebrating most of those differences

• A.C.T., JRJ and Sawdust have said thanks

#8 TerryD OFFLINE  

TerryD

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5916
  • 132 Thanks
  • 254 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 07:44 AM

Great show and tell. Nice, well taken care of herd.
  • OkieGt said thank you

#9 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 07:53 AM

I honestly believe the work we do in saving a part of history is very important , it is bigger than any one of us. It is so sad to meet young people that dont know anything about history before themselves. Do you know that most schools dont teach American history prior to the Civil War. Yep they dont think young people need to know anything about how our country was formed or about the people who gave so much for our freedom

• LUKEW, TerryD, twostep and 1 other said thanks

#10 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,523 Thanks
  • 2,831 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 08:26 AM

I'm somewhat the opposite as of right now lol. I just got into GT recently. My MF12 I'm restoring is special to me....maybe I'll share sometime on another thread how I was blessed with this tractor. I would love to show this & parade it when completed. I also recently got a Cub 1250 that I'll work. I'm having shoulder surgery coming up in three weeks so my time on the restore will have to presume this winter. I love fixing & rescuing old things. I can see your point on how the money spent kind of equals out on how much we spend on a fixer up or one that is in good shape. I love that Bolens you posted below the MF....it looks like a beast. I appreciate your thoughts & glad you kicked a couple of bad habits.
  • OkieGt said thank you

#11 TerryD OFFLINE  

TerryD

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5916
  • 132 Thanks
  • 254 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 08:50 AM

I honestly believe the work we do in saving a part of history is very important , it is bigger than any one of us. It is so sad to meet young people that dont know anything about history before themselves. Do you know that most schools dont teach American history prior to the Civil War. Yep they dont think young people need to know anything about how our country was formed or about the people who gave so much for our freedom

I didn't realize that. Our kids are all grown and gone and the grand kids are just starting pre-school. I agree that the more we preserve and teach our young ones the better off we, as a society will be. I tend to share as much with ours as they can stand. :)
  • OkieGt said thank you

#12 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 05:04 PM

I'm somewhat the opposite as of right now lol. I just got into GT recently. My MF12 I'm restoring is special to me....maybe I'll share sometime on another thread how I was blessed with this tractor. I would love to show this & parade it when completed. I also recently got a Cub 1250 that I'll work. I'm having shoulder surgery coming up in three weeks so my time on the restore will have to presume this winter. I love fixing & rescuing old things. I can see your point on how the money spent kind of equals out on how much we spend on a fixer up or one that is in good shape. I love that Bolens you posted below the MF....it looks like a beast. I appreciate your thoughts & glad you kicked a couple of bad habits.

Sawdust, we are all different people and I am happy for how you feel about your GT, it would be terribly boring if we all felt the same. Your feelings are just as important as mine or any others. I'm just glad we have thousands of people in this nation that do appreciate these old GTs, one day that may not be the case. Can you imagine the poor Murray/Poulon collector of the future, lol. Good luck on your surgery, be careful and do NOT ever over use or exert it by caring heavy things overhead or you will be right back where you started. I decided against the surgery and the pain is not as bad, but i had to give up my construction job, eyesight problems helped decide that as well. That Bolens is a BEAST, It is one of my favorite machines, I am SO glad I got it, my collection would be incomplete without a few Bolens tractors. Thanks again, Mike

• TerryD and Sawdust have said thanks

#13 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 05:10 PM

Thank you for your Service, when and where did you serve?

• TerryD said thank you

#14 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,208 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 05:17 PM

Great group of tractors! :smiley-score010:

• OkieGt said thank you

#15 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 05:36 PM

Great group of tractors! :smiley-score010:

I'm really itching to get another Bolens,  A large frame early HT or 1886. I know this guy with a 1050 that has a 10hp Yanmar aircooled diesel repower for 300.00, but I'm holding out for something stock. I dont do geared tractors, only hydros, I wish I could. Maybe i'll get the courage to try, the first few I had were geared and I wasn't a fan of shifting