• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 lofinjos OFFLINE  

lofinjos

• Member No: 7466
  • 1 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 10:54 AM

Candy, I have two of these tractors with the engine mounted in the rear. They both have the Wisconsin AKN engine and the transmissions are the weak link on these machines. I had to have the forward/reverse gear remade for one of them (not cheap) and the other transmission was fine. These trannys I believe were made by Page specifically for these tractors and I have not seen anything else to replace them with. I just saw one of these tractors sold for parts at the National Garden Tractor meet in Plain City Ohio, and I believe Weaver tractor parts around Cleveland bought this machine. I don't know if the tranny was any good but buying a parts tractor is probably your best bet.

• DB1 said thank you

#17 DB1 OFFLINE  

DB1

• Member No: 7710
  • 272 Thanks
  • 282 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 01:15 PM

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the joining me on here. I appreciate your information on the PAGE. It is very enlightening.

Just knowing that the AKN Wisconsin is the correct engine is a big help.

We always gravitate towards the machines which are deemed hard cases.

It must be in our DNA.

I think we enjoy the challenge!

Candy

#18 bread320i OFFLINE  

bread320i
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 416
  • 593 Thanks
  • 1,220 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 03:05 PM

gallery_416_26_212761.jpg

gallery_416_26_53338.jpg

• DB1 said thank you

#19 bread320i OFFLINE  

bread320i
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 593 Thanks
  • 1,220 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 03:06 PM

Note : The 4hp looks to be a Briggs and the 6hp is a Wisconsin

• DB1 said thank you

#20 LTD OFFLINE  

LTD

Cub Cadet Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5951
  • 1,028 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 05:08 PM

LTD,

Thanks for the picture. Nice to see it in action, too. 

What color of blue is on the Page?

Is it Ford Blue?

Thanks,

DB1

Yes,it is.

• DB1 said thank you

#21 DB1 OFFLINE  

DB1

• 272 Thanks
  • 282 posts

Posted August 22, 2013 - 10:45 AM

Thanks for the information on the color.

That Ford Blue does look nice!

Hi Adam,

Thanks for posting the information on the Page.

Our steering wheel is designed differently, too.

The name Page is casted into many parts of this tractor.

That makes it easy to ID.

#22 bread320i OFFLINE  

bread320i
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 593 Thanks
  • 1,220 posts

Posted August 22, 2013 - 11:51 AM

Yes the one I have here, has Page cast in the front of the frame, steering knuckles, and the individual transmissions.

My steering wheel is also different. I have a full circle wheel made of alum. I will have the tractor out this weekend at a show, will post some pictures.

• DB1 said thank you

#23 DB1 OFFLINE  

DB1

• 272 Thanks
  • 282 posts

Posted September 18, 2013 - 02:18 PM

HI Guys,

With soaking and a little bit of work we were able to free up the inner planetaries.

The inner workings of the Page.

Attached Thumbnails

• Page1.jpg

• MH81, trowel and New.Canadian.DB.Owner have said thanks

#24 DB1 OFFLINE  

DB1

• 272 Thanks
  • 282 posts

Posted November 15, 2013 - 04:59 PM

Transmission housing for the Page.

Attached Thumbnails

• page 1.jpg
  • page 2.jpg

• trowel said thank you

#25 Bruce Dorsi OFFLINE  

Bruce Dorsi

Old, but not dead -- yet!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1525
  • 3,166 Thanks
  • 2,142 posts

Posted November 16, 2013 - 08:41 AM

Have you seen these two Page brochures ??

Hopefully they will help in your info search.

• DB1 and Cleburn have said thanks

#26 Dave Central NY OFFLINE  

Dave Central NY
  • Member No: 27835
  • 106 Thanks
  • 92 posts

Posted January 05, 2014 - 02:54 PM

Hi, I'm LTD's Grandfather,  I just stumbled on to this post.  I'll see if I can post some picturesP06-01-11_16.jpg   That's me cultivating  Next two are after it came off the truck. I bought it at an auction in Cortland NY  When I got there,2 guys were trying to start, as if they thought it should start, they put a new plug and gas in it. I thought that was encouraging that they thought it would start for the sale.

Page Tractor 003.JPG    Page Tractor 004.JPG 003.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG 007.JPG 005.JPG 007.JPG 010.JPG

Pictures of the Page after painting with mounted plow, cultivators and hillers on the pallet.  There is also a drawbar for it which fastens to the gear boxes on the axle but I never had that.  I cleaned the carb, and the mag,  and it would start on the first pull after that. If you need a gasket set for that engine, let me know.  If you have the original trans cover the serial number should be on that.  As for the transmission gearing,  unless you are a machinist,  you have a big problem.  It should  have one forward, and one reverse gear.  I'm sure I have pictures of the transmission in this computer, but it will take a magician to find them and get them out.  This tractor was also made with the engine in the front, and the company made 2 wheel garden tractors also.  If you have any questions,  I may be able to help, but there is not a lot of info in these tractors.

• trowel and DB1 have said thanks

#27 Cleburn OFFLINE  

Cleburn
  • Member No: 60418
  • 5 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted July 19, 2014 - 02:19 AM

Have you seen these two Page brochures ??

Hopefully they will help in your info search.

This is a life saver!  I am restoring a 1951 Master two wheel with the Wisconsin ABN engine.  Was in great shape, just needing the mag cleaned out, fluids changed and a paint job, going back up with it now.  Looking for some stickers for the hood if anyone has any, but with the information in this brochure I can get some made!

• DB1 said thank you

#28 Cleburn OFFLINE  

Cleburn
  • Member No: 60418
  • 5 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted August 10, 2014 - 02:20 AM

As mentioned earlier, restoring a 1951 Page Master two wheeler, got everything painted and back together, runs great.  Was considering an electric start, but as advertised it starts with just a pull almost every time.  I do have a question concerning the dope for the axles and the transmission, and judging from earlier posts about the transmission, want to make sure I don't have any problems:  On the wheel clutch housing there are drains at the bottom, and a fill plug at about the 2 o'clock level.  That looks like a lot of dope if filled until it runs out.  How much dope (90 weight oil) should there be in the clutch housing?

On the transmission it looks like there are actually two levels, one just behind the engine, then a step down to another level, both of which have dipsticks.  Level is now touching the end of the dipsticks in both.  (They can't be connected as the level of the dope in the first would be much higher on the dipstick in the lower, unless I am missing something)  How much dope should be used here as well? 

Would also like to find a headlight and the 6 volt generator for the pto shaft if possible and have thought of seeing what kind of PTO equipment is available as well.  I have several belt driven corn shellers and seed sorters that I have thought about having operational for shows if possible.

Any and all help will be appreciated.