Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Can different pdf files be put into one ?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,446 Thanks
  • 6,611 posts

Posted November 25, 2010 - 09:13 AM

Please bear with me as I'm new at this , I wanted to up load a brochure to the site ,I scaned the pictures then converted them to pdf files. Now have a folder with 12 files . I'm not sure how to put them together so it would one one pdf file with 12 pages

#2 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted November 25, 2010 - 09:35 AM

You have to have a pdf editing program. I had a free trial version that worked good, but it ran out & expensive to buy. Does ANYONE out there have or know of a free pdf editor program?

#3 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,623 Thanks
  • 3,860 posts

Posted November 25, 2010 - 10:25 AM

Your Scanner software may do that for you. "Paper Port" that comes with Visioneer scanners does that for me.
What kind of software came with our scanner. Like "Paper Port ver. 10" I'll see if your software is capable.

#4 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted November 25, 2010 - 10:27 PM

Do you know what scanner you have? Ducky is right, usually the scanner software will have an option to scan multiple documents into one pdf. We have an all in one Cannon printer and the software allows me to scan multiple documents into one pdf or separate ones.

#5 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,254 Thanks
  • 28,603 posts

Posted November 25, 2010 - 11:13 PM

There may be a way to import pdf's into Open Office Draw, looking into it.

#6 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,623 Thanks
  • 3,860 posts

Posted November 25, 2010 - 11:27 PM

There may be a way to import pdf's into Open Office Draw, looking into it.

You Just woke me up. Good thought.
Scan as .jpg and paste all .jpg's into Open Office Writer and save as .pdf. Once saved as a .pdf always a PDF.
Again if his scanner software supports PDF files that would make it much easier.

#7 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,254 Thanks
  • 28,603 posts

Posted November 25, 2010 - 11:56 PM

I did a test run on the PDF in Open Office: Open Office PDF Merging - Manuals - Garden Tractor Talk - Forums

It's just junk, but I am testing the operation. I merged a 2 page dozerblade manual with a single page fax/modem pdf (like I said, junk)

But it worked.

I will have to play a little more before I am confident enough to help anyone, but the short version:
After you install the extension for Open Office 3.x HERE, you can open a PDF document with Open Office Draw. Then Copy & Paste the page(s) into another document. In the case of the original question, Open a blank document, open each PDF (one at a time) and the copy & paste into theBlank Doc. When you're all done, export as one PDF document & Ta-Da.

There may be an easier way, like I said, still playing.

Edited by MH81, November 26, 2010 - 12:03 AM.

#8 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,254 Thanks
  • 28,603 posts

Posted November 26, 2010 - 12:04 AM

Once saved as a .pdf always a PDF.

Actually, it looks like this extension would allow you to turn it back into a jpg, png, etc

One page= 1 picture, but you can do it to JPG, I just did.

#9 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 5,446 Thanks
  • 6,611 posts

Posted November 26, 2010 - 08:19 AM

I seem to have found out a way to do it .But from reading the replies there are better ways . Here's how I did it this morning . Put each scanned pictures one at a time in Microsoft Word as Insert Picture , then did a Insert Page Break , Insert Picture , Insert Page Break for all 12 pictures , then used doPDF file converter to make a pdf file. I uploaded it this morning so I hope I did everything correct now, thanks again, Al
  • MH81 said thank you

#10 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted November 26, 2010 - 08:26 AM

I seem to have found out a way to do it .But from reading the replies there are better ways . Here's how I did it this morning . Put each scanned pictures one at a time in Microsoft Word as Insert Picture , then did a Insert Page Break , Insert Picture , Insert Page Break for all 12 pictures , then used doPDF file converter to make a pdf file. I uploaded it this morning so I hope I did everything correct now, thanks again, Al

Awesome job Al and great ingenuity. doPDF is a great pdf printer. We use it at work and I also use it at home. When I get a chance I will take a look at it :D

#11 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,254 Thanks
  • 28,603 posts

Posted November 26, 2010 - 02:21 PM

Awesome job Al and great ingenuity. doPDF is a great pdf printer. We use it at work and I also use it at home. When I get a chance I will take a look at it :D

Good Job. I didn't know word would accept pdf's as pictures. Very interesting. My daughter's computer has M$office in it, I'll have to play some. Thanks for the tip.

#12 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 5,446 Thanks
  • 6,611 posts

Posted November 27, 2010 - 11:30 AM

When I first tried to copy & paste the pictures in Microsoft all I got was a little box with jepg .0000 on the page but it was my brother who told me that you could do it by opening Word and clicking " Insert" then Picture it would take them . he's also was the one who said to do the same "Insert " Page Break " so that all the pictures would be on one file. Now I look back and think of all the time wasted tiring to do it . Now it seems easy. Like the first time I had a tractor with a broken flywheel key , hours spent until someone said " did you check the key " won't overlook that again!!!!!

#13 lyall OFFLINE  

lyall

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2180
  • 1,746 Thanks
  • 1,397 posts

Posted March 02, 2011 - 08:56 PM

Look a PDFEdit at PDFedit - pdf manipulating library, GUI, tools
It is FREE and it works. It is open source software. I use Ubuntu Linux not Windows. PDFEdit I have added pdf files together and remove pages out. You can get the Windows version of PDFEdit it should work the same on Windows as it does on Ubuntu
  • NUTNDUN and MH81 have said thanks