• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Don Uhouse OFFLINE  

Don Uhouse
  • Member No: 45048
  • 5 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted August 19, 2013 - 08:25 PM

I live in Fernley Nevada, and because I have been a ford Nut all my life I started collecting small ford Badged tractors. These are scarce on the west coast and Here in Nevada. I did find These three with in a 15 miles Of me! They all run and I use them to l plow snow and dirt and my rocks. I do not have a lawn so the mower decks are removed and I have no use for them! The Yt16 has a rototiller as the LGT165 I have blades and use them. If anyone in the Norcal, or Northern Nevada area wants  to  talk , My Email address Is duhouse1at sbcglobal dot net Thank you D Uhouse

• boyscout862 and T Guiles have said thanks

#2 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted August 19, 2013 - 08:31 PM

Hi Don welcome to GTtalk.  I modified your email address so the spammers and bot's don't pick it up and you get a lot more Spam.

Glad you decided to join us, one thing we do like is pictures so when you have time to post some of you tractors we would love to see them.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#3 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,169 Thanks
  • 5,761 posts

Posted August 19, 2013 - 08:41 PM

:welcometogttalk:

#4 Delmar OFFLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,323 Thanks
  • 2,416 posts

Posted August 19, 2013 - 08:49 PM

:wave: Welcome to this site Don!  Glad u found us.  Bunch of great tractor folks here. 

#5 T Guiles OFFLINE  

T Guiles
  • Member No: 39800
  • 952 Thanks
  • 749 posts

Posted August 19, 2013 - 11:47 PM

Welcome Don. I am also a Ford gt guy... I have to admit I have a Bowtie heart, if only chevy made a gt I'd be all set lol. Their's a lot of really good people on this site and their very willing to share the knowledge with us...I would love to see some pics of your gt's ...... it's almost a requirement  :bigrofl:  once again welcome  

#6 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,523 Thanks
  • 39,742 posts

Posted August 20, 2013 - 01:22 AM

Welcome to the forum! Try the link below for pic help!

#7 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,807 Thanks
  • 7,547 posts

Posted August 20, 2013 - 06:23 AM

Welcome to GTT. Relax and enjoy the site, Check out our Manuals Section. Good Luck, Rick

#8 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted August 20, 2013 - 10:03 AM

Hello and welcome :wave:

#9 TomLGT195 OFFLINE  

TomLGT195
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 2,807 Thanks
  • 2,208 posts

Posted August 20, 2013 - 02:04 PM

:welcometogttalk:

:wewantpics:

#10 Don Uhouse OFFLINE  

Don Uhouse
  • Member No: 45048
  • 5 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted August 22, 2013 - 12:19 AM

Don uhouse Here, I am getting ready to put a screw on filter adapter ,on the lgt 165 I ordered one from amazon that has a B&M filter with it. I guess a couple of fittings and am good to go. I am pretty adapt at rigging up stuff like this ,so I will get rid of the 100 buck plus Installed one! I have done research on the fluid and seems walmart has one that Is Comp to the ford nh134, so that is what I am going with. 2 gallons for about 20 bucks and change seems reasonable. As I had a 9n back on the old farm when I was a kid in the 52/58 time period milking 30 head of cows used the same comp. hydrolic oil in the 9 n . I kind of miss my younger years but time moves on and It took me to sacramento calif. Where I got a job with the airforce fixing period Fighter Jets. In truth it was a dream job as It delt with Weapons Systems , guns , bombing and rocket systems. I spent 30 years and Retired in 2000. I know you folks like pictures and I will supply them Shortly. My tractors are not beautiful like some but I plan to do clean and paint, for Right now tires and running good make up the Tasks. The YT16 does not own a mower deck but it has a rototiller attachment and has an electrical actuator for Up/Down The LGT 120 has no assist for the mowerdeck good ol hand work. I hjave on reason to use the mower deck on either Lgt. ! Nothing out here to mow, as I find Covering the ground with a coat of rock Keeps the nasty deasert weed and there sharp stickers Down,   I also Have a  crafts men 19 hp rider that is set up with a snow blade I use to push rock and dirt around, Its newer the the fordsbut works just fine trailer towing and other odd jobs, I have some things that  came to me ! a bunch of brinley   garden tools Thing I would part with for someone that wanted then. Both LGT mower decks that have no rust on the and they work fine , Disk sections a plow and a few other attachments, Well fellas I guess I bored you folks enough for today, I'll keep you updated on the LGT165 Operation and we will get some pictures in there as well.

Have a great day folks!! Thank you Don Uhouse  Fernely Nevada      

• Alc said thank you

#11 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,523 Thanks
  • 39,742 posts

Posted August 22, 2013 - 05:23 AM

Don, good move going to the screw-on filter. I had already bought the new in-line, so I used that for now. But is have the adapter for the next change.

Once you have a few more posts, you can list your attachments in the classifieds. Shipping may be an issue, though. Could get expensive for folks.

#12 Alc OFFLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,459 Thanks
  • 6,629 posts

Posted August 22, 2013 - 05:33 AM

Sorry I missed this thread till now , funny how some parts of the country it's hard to find certian tractors more then others , welcome aboard

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: yt16, lgt120, lgt165