#1 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,625 Thanks
  • 2,577 posts

Posted August 19, 2013 - 05:01 PM

DSCF5173.JPG DSCF5175.JPG DSCF5168.JPG I know that this is primarily a GT forum, however I have dual hobby of GTs and The Big Boys Tractors. SOmetime ago I was going to purchase my Uncles Ferguson T-20 Tractor. That deal fell thru and was sold to another relative. I had bought a pair of what I was told were Ferguson or Ford tractor steps. One of the steps still has what appears to be original gray paint used like that of Ferguson. I would like to know if any of you that may know Ferguson or Ford Tractors have any idea on these. I am looking for value and proper identification. Thanks. Roger.DSCF5165.JPG DSCF5170.JPG

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,210 Thanks
  • 28,584 posts

Posted August 19, 2013 - 05:04 PM

Yeah, they're Fergy... But I can't tell you what all they'd go on.

Let me look at a couple pics and see what I can see.
  • hamman said thank you

#3 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,574 Thanks
  • 3,896 posts

Posted August 19, 2013 - 05:05 PM

They are identical to the steps on my TO-30 Ferguson.

Value wise:  I gave $1100 for my steps like that but they came with a free tractor.  :smilewink:

Edited by Gtractor, August 19, 2013 - 05:10 PM.

• Texas Deere and Horse, hamman and LilysDad have said thanks

#4 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,210 Thanks
  • 28,584 posts

Posted August 19, 2013 - 05:13 PM

OK, they belong to Ferguson 40, Massey Harris 50, or any of the post merger 135 and up series (I think). Probable the MF50 and 65 as well

Before that, they were different. There is a link to a bunch of Fergy pics in this post.
http://gardentractor...ow/#entry353425

Watch for the models I mention and you will see the footrest differences between them and the 20/30/35 stuff.

#5 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,355 Thanks
  • 39,630 posts

Posted August 19, 2013 - 05:30 PM

attachicon.gifDSCF5173.JPGattachicon.gifDSCF5175.JPGattachicon.gifDSCF5168.JPGI know that this is primarily a GT forum, however I have dual hobby of GTs and The Big Boys Tractors. SOmetime ago I was going to purchase my Uncles Ferguson T-20 Tractor. That deal fell thru and was sold to another relative. I had bought a pair of what I was told were Ferguson or Ford tractor steps. One of the steps still has what appears to be original gray paint used like that of Ferguson. I would like to know if any of you that may know Ferguson or Ford Tractors have any idea on these. I am looking for value and proper identification. Thanks. Roger.attachicon.gifDSCF5165.JPGattachicon.gifDSCF5170.JPG

I think you are beginning to see where the members here will 'go the extra mile' to help out! Yeah, we're mainly GT's, but there are a lot of folk here that are into or have knowledge of the larger family!

• hamman said thank you

#6 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

• Contributor
  • 5,625 Thanks
  • 2,577 posts

Posted August 19, 2013 - 05:53 PM

KennyP I have seen that time and time again and that is why I feel at home here  . MH81 I was told they were Ferguson but wasn't sure.     Gtactor I bet you steps were in better shape than mine and were probably worth the $1100. with the free tractor.     I wasn't able to make the deal for the T-20 but offered the steps to the new owner and he turned them down. I don't need them so I am contemplating selling them. I hate to see them setting around if someone could use them. Thanks Guys I appreciate the help.

• KennyP said thank you

#7 Rock farmer OFFLINE  

Rock farmer
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10759
  • 1,119 Thanks
  • 1,177 posts

Posted August 19, 2013 - 07:20 PM

The ferguson was either a TE-20 or a TO-20. TE stands for tractor England. TO stands for tractor overseas. I don't really see much value in those foot rests except for someone that has a Ford 9N or 2N. Those tractors came with foot pegs and people like to add foot rests to them.

Joe
  • hamman said thank you

#8 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,210 Thanks
  • 28,584 posts

Posted August 19, 2013 - 09:14 PM

The ferguson was either a TE-20 or a TO-20. TE stands for tractor England. TO stands for tractor overseas. I don't really see much value in those foot rests except for someone that has a Ford 9N or 2N. Those tractors came with foot pegs and people like to add foot rests to them.
Joe

This aren't quite the right ones for the to-te 20 or 30's
In my experience, they are for later models... However, if there is a guy out there using his without, they would be wonderful additions (much safer with them on in my opinion) regardless of "proper" or not.

Here is a post on another (British) blog that explains pretty well. The FE35 they mention was more or less known here (oversimplification) as the TO35 or TO35(d) and had adopted the style with the holes. The last TO35's and the F40/MH50's probably had that style footrest.
http://www.ploughmyf...tag/footplates/

I have not been able to definitively pin down the year they went from slats to holes, and will check our 20 tomorrow. It's a 1950.

Some of the dealers would add stuff like these to tractors if they had a set around on a trade-in to make it more user friendly, regardless if it was period correct.
  • hamman said thank you

#9 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,210 Thanks
  • 28,584 posts

Posted August 19, 2013 - 09:43 PM

I forgot to answer the second q,
If I were you, I would post them in the ferguson furrows magazine as best offer or put thm on eBay.

On eBay, torn apart, listing for about 90 a side. Unsure if many have sold in that price range. Be worth looking around there.
  • hamman said thank you

#10 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

• Contributor
  • 5,625 Thanks
  • 2,577 posts

Posted August 20, 2013 - 09:01 AM

I was just at the Buckley Old Engine Show last weekend and I forgot to look at any of the Fergusons there to compare with. (duh!) I 've looked at a lot of pictures of the tractors and haven't seen one exactly like them. The ones in the post MH81 posted are close. They don't have the front or back mounting brackets like the ones i have. I've never tried to sell on ebay so I might try that. I am going to look up the furgeson furrows magazine also to see about that. Thanks. Any more info will be greatly appreciated. Wish I didn't have to sell them. Thanks. Roger.

#11 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,210 Thanks
  • 28,584 posts

Posted August 20, 2013 - 11:16 AM

Look at these.

http://gardentractor...largejpg/large/

it's on a MH50, same as the F40 except for the tin.

• hamman said thank you

#12 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

• Contributor
  • 5,625 Thanks
  • 2,577 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 08:43 AM

I believe they are the same MH81. Thanks. My research ( actually all of yours) has shown me these must be from the older MH of Ferguson due to the paint still on them. My quandry now is do I sell them or keep them around. I don't need them hanging on the wall and I certainly don't want them to get bent or broken. I guess I need to figure waht I need for them and put them up for sale. Thanks guys I appreciate it. Roger.

• MH81 said thank you

#13 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,210 Thanks
  • 28,584 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 10:25 AM

Gee, I forgot to report on the 20.

They are a diamond plate tread, not holes.  I will take pics of them and post.

• hamman said thank you

#14 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,559 Thanks
  • 29,819 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 03:27 PM

Just seen this thread.  When you see part #'s cast in and they end with "MI", it's a Massey part.

• hamman said thank you

#15 Rock farmer OFFLINE  

Rock farmer
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10759
  • 1,119 Thanks
  • 1,177 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 04:20 PM

Here's some pics of my 1949 Harry Ferguson TE-20 foot rests;

1.image.jpg

2.image.jpg

3.image.jpg