Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
Sold

Simplicity/allis Chalmers 42" Grader Blade - Reduced!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Wheel Horse Kid OFFLINE  

Wheel Horse Kid

Certified Wheel Horse Nut

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 10019
  • 213 Thanks
  • 817 posts

Posted August 19, 2013 - 01:51 PM

For Sale is a nice Simplicity/Allis Chalmers 42" Mid Mount Grader Blade manufactured by Pacal. The blade is in great condition, bus has some surface rust. The cutting edges and mounting hardware are in good shape also. $175 and it's yours! The blade is worth more than this, but I just don't have any place to store it, so I need to move it out. Located in Goshen, IN 46528. If you have any questions or need more information or pictures of the blade, just shoot me a message or post below and I will respond a.s.a.p.! Thanks, Taylor

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_4228.JPG
  • IMG_4227.JPG

• hamman said thank you

#2 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 36782
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 19, 2013 - 03:59 PM

What model was it from, never saw that type of mounting hardware????

• Wheel Horse Kid said thank you

#3 Wheel Horse Kid OFFLINE  

Wheel Horse Kid

• GTt Junior
  • 213 Thanks
  • 817 posts

Posted August 19, 2013 - 04:48 PM

Not for sure what it is off of as that is the way I bought it. I do mainly Wheel Horses so don't know much about other brands. I know from my research that it is a Pacal blade and was used on Simplicity and/or Allis Chalmers tractors and that is about all.

• OkieGt said thank you

#4 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 19, 2013 - 05:08 PM

Not for sure what it is off of as that is the way I bought it. I do mainly Wheel Horses so don't know much about other brands. I know from my research that it is a Pacal blade and was used on Simplicity and/or Allis Chalmers tractors and that is about all.

there is a lot of that frame that did not go to a Allis/Simplcity, is it welded on, bolted on, or what? 

#5 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 19, 2013 - 05:22 PM

This is what the frame should look like except with a hole on both sides of the middle pin hole. Is all that other metal welded on? If its welded to the frame someone "re engineeered" an expensive piece of equipment and made it worthless to the orginal tractor and in turn makes it worth a fraction of what it should be worth, very sad. As I understand it, you have no idea what tractor the grader blade was adapted to fit, now its going to be difficult to get what you want for it. I see Allis grader blades in good shape for sale from 125.00-175.00 that are unmolested, sure hope you can return it to it's orginal state, at least that way you know it will fit a Allis/Simplicity

allis mount.PNG

#6 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 19, 2013 - 05:25 PM

Never heard of Pacal, Brinly and Allied built factory Allis/Simlplicity attachments, maybe Pacal [sic] is from the newer tractors

#7 Wheel Horse Kid OFFLINE  

Wheel Horse Kid

• GTt Junior
  • 213 Thanks
  • 817 posts

Posted August 19, 2013 - 05:59 PM

Hi OkieGt,

Thank You so much for your help with all the info and pointing things out for me! Upon further inspection, it looks like the previous owner added his own mounting to the blade or maybe it came from the factory that way (Still not for sure). He basically added bolts to the 2 holes where the blade should have connected to an ac/simplicity tractor and put on his own mounting system. From what I can tell, he did not do any welding at all to the blade. I took off the extra mounting and now the blade looks like a correct allis chalmers and simplicity grader blade. I would appreciate it if you could take a look at the new pics and give me your opinion as well.

Lesson learned: Do more research before putting stuff up for sale. Thankfully, I think it will be ok. Sorry for any inconvience I may have caused.

Thanks,

Taylor

• OkieGt said thank you

#8 Wheel Horse Kid OFFLINE  

Wheel Horse Kid

• GTt Junior
  • 213 Thanks
  • 817 posts

Posted August 19, 2013 - 06:06 PM

Here are the pictures:

IMG_4311_zps36575470.jpg

IMG_4310_zps422ae0c9.jpg

IMG_4313_zpse89298ee.jpg

The mounting I took off:

IMG_4316_zps3ee8807d.jpg

Edited by Wheel Horse Kid, August 19, 2013 - 06:08 PM.

#9 Wheel Horse Kid OFFLINE  

Wheel Horse Kid

• GTt Junior
  • 213 Thanks
  • 817 posts

Posted August 19, 2013 - 06:11 PM

grader_spec2_small.jpg

Here is a Allis Chalmers B series Blade. It looks the same as mine after I took off the extra mounting stuff!!! :)

• KennyP said thank you

#10 Wheel Horse Kid OFFLINE  

Wheel Horse Kid

• GTt Junior
  • 213 Thanks
  • 817 posts

Posted August 20, 2013 - 07:24 AM

UPDATE: The blade is still available for $175 and I am willing to have the blade put on a skid and shipped via freight through Pack Ship USA if the Buyer pays the freight company for shipping it. I am assuming the cost would be around $150 or so, but can't say for sure.

• OkieGt said thank you

#11 gopher OFFLINE  

gopher

• Member No: 2755
  • 566 Thanks
  • 629 posts

Posted August 20, 2013 - 05:39 PM

How wide is the tube on the mount you took off?

#12 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 20, 2013 - 06:25 PM

Hi OkieGt,

Thank You so much for your help with all the info and pointing things out for me! Upon further inspection, it looks like the previous owner added his own mounting to the blade or maybe it came from the factory that way (Still not for sure). He basically added bolts to the 2 holes where the blade should have connected to an ac/simplicity tractor and put on his own mounting system. From what I can tell, he did not do any welding at all to the blade. I took off the extra mounting and now the blade looks like a correct allis chalmers and simplicity grader blade. I would appreciate it if you could take a look at the new pics and give me your opinion as well.

Lesson learned: Do more research before putting stuff up for sale. Thankfully, I think it will be ok. Sorry for any inconvience I may have caused.

Thanks,

Taylor

Hi OkieGt,

Thanks,

Taylor

No inconvenience at all, I'm really happy you got the parts off and no welding was done!!!!

#13 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 20, 2013 - 06:26 PM

UPDATE: The blade is still available for $175 and I am willing to have the blade put on a skid and shipped via freight through Pack Ship USA if the Buyer pays the freight company for shipping it. I am assuming the cost would be around $150 or so, but can't say for sure.

I think your close on freight, maybe even a little high, I estimated it closer to 100-125

#14 Wheel Horse Kid OFFLINE  

Wheel Horse Kid

• GTt Junior
  • 213 Thanks
  • 817 posts

Posted August 20, 2013 - 07:15 PM

How wide is the tube on the mount you took off?

The tube on the mount I took off is 8 inches long by 3/4-1" wide.

#15 Wheel Horse Kid OFFLINE  

Wheel Horse Kid

• GTt Junior
  • 213 Thanks
  • 817 posts

Posted August 20, 2013 - 07:18 PM

I think your close on freight, maybe even a little high, I estimated it closer to 100-125

It probably is closer to what you said, but I was not for sure and just threw an estimate out there. The buyer would be the one to pay the freight company, so I did not want them to have any surprises when they get the bill and it is more than what I estimated it to be.

• OkieGt said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sold