• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MailmAn OFFLINE  

MailmAn
  • Member No: 10315
  • 292 Thanks
  • 723 posts

Posted August 19, 2013 - 07:54 AM

Hey guys!  It has been a long time since I have been active on this site (since April, probably) and I have primarily been on the Bolens section of this site due to my 850 and EK-10 tractors, but I do also have a nice old Ariens Sno-Thro that I use in the winter as well.  It is a 10M5 model from 1968 or 1969.  I know that Ariens made other attachments for these besides just the snow blower, but that is primarily the only attachment that I see on these tractors.

However, I did come across this neat looking attachment for my Ariens on eBay:   http://www.ebay.com/itm/400549628582

Picture:

pic19831.JPG

It is a lawn and leaf vacuum attachment for the Ariens walk-behind tractors.  It does seem to be missing some parts though, even if it is just the bag.  Does anyone have any more information on these or have seen one before in operation?  I'd like to figure out how to get it to work as it seems like a pretty neat attachment for my Ariens and a nice addition to my collection.  Also, was a little over $100 a decent price for something like this or did I overpay a bit?  I was just excited since I've never seen anything like this and it seems like it could be one of the more rare attachments for these tractors.

Thanks in advance!

#2 Bruce Dorsi OFFLINE  

Bruce Dorsi

Old, but not dead -- yet!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1525
  • 3,173 Thanks
  • 2,144 posts

Posted August 19, 2013 - 08:47 AM

Hi, Kevin!

Nice find!  ....There can't be too many of them still around in that condition.  ....I think the price was fair.

I don't have much Ariens info, but I'll check to see if I have something for you.

Are you driving down to pick it up?  .....Let me know if you want some company for part of the ride. 

#3 MailmAn OFFLINE  

MailmAn
  • Member No: 10315
  • 292 Thanks
  • 723 posts

Posted August 19, 2013 - 10:50 AM

Sure.  I'm actually leaving to head down now to pick it up today.  You want me to stop by again?  Thanks for the reply!

(EDIT:  BTW, the guy is located in Westchester, PA.  I just got off of the phone with him and he sent me his address via E-mail, so I'm all ready to go here soon.)

Edited by MailmAn, August 19, 2013 - 10:51 AM.

#4 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,561 Thanks
  • 3,941 posts

Posted August 19, 2013 - 04:57 PM

I saw one on Saturday for the first time. At the Dover show with the auction things. It was a set with sno thro, vac, and reel mower. That wil be a nice add on for you.

#5 scotsman OFFLINE  

scotsman

• Member No: 2281
  • 31 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted August 19, 2013 - 09:19 PM

Found the manual here:

http://apache.ariens...nuals/VA-72.pdf

And I have some info about the attachments here:

http://1stclass.myla...iens/Page5.html

(about 3/4 of the way down the page)

Nice find! :) great condition..

Scot

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ariens, lawn, leaf, vac, attachment