• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted August 18, 2013 - 09:01 PM

So a BIG hello to all my fellow members and new one's! :wave: I got back from my 2 weeks vacation and decided I was away from you guys long enough but no worries, I have plenty of pictures to show off :D. So the first week I had several tractor pulls to attend and they were throughout the week at fairs and they usually go until 1am so there was no point in heading to work that late. Also during the first week was my little towns community fair, which had a good turnout of tractors. The second week was dedicated to being as lazy as possible :smilewink:. And I got to do something with the MRS. that I only dreamt of until a few days ago. Here is my story of it.

My mother used to pull in the 20hp ohv class for about 4 years until her back gave out and she couldn't run anymore. No other woman ran that high of a class and she took on the other guys without a second thought and she loved it. Then when she started having problems with her back we decided to park the twin for awhile. There it sat, alone in the back of the garage covered in dust, piles of books and manuals occasionally starting it to move it from place to place in the garage as we cleaned. I took upon myself 2 years ago that I would run it when I could and I did just that. Every so often I would drag it out clean it and run it as I could but I never thought I would be the only one to drive it until a few days ago. My beloved girlfriend who, so heartedly puts up with me and does the best she can for me, decided that she wanted to get back into the pulling scene as she pulled years ago with a 12hp. We stepped in the garage and sat down with her and gave her a few choices. Either build a diesel to run with me, or build her her own. Money is tight with both of us and she pointed to the dusty twin in the back of the garage and said "I want to run that one" with a smile on her face. I walked over and started it up with the first try and after hearing that sound (imagine a Harley at an idle) I seen the biggest smile ive ever seen come across her face. So we loaded the trailer with extra weight and loaded the twin in, we set off for my hometown fair. After we get her weighted in and adjusted the weights accordingly, her class came up and she was the first puller. Now I know most people are out for competition and they are used to how their machine is setup and they have all these competition parts. Here we are with a 7 year old puller that was at the top of its game in its prime against all these freshly built motors and new Nichols performance tires and clutches. We hooked her up to the sled, smashed the throttle and took off down the track she went. I can tell that its tired and wore out and I know the cam lobes are starting to round over and not open up all the way but, for her very time on something that powerful and against 11 other people, she placed an awesome 5th for having it the first time out this year and for her 4th time pulling im very proud of her. My mother, the original owner of the twin, had a huge smile on her face and was very proud of not only my girl, but her faithful cub cadet. The MRS. was so happy and excited after her first run that next year she plans to run it, FULL TIME! So we got a new cam and a rebuild kit for it and im putting the big boy tires back on for her and I must say that im very proud of her and all the work that went into it and all the times we plan on having with it :D

Now for pictures of my fair.

I would like to personally say welcome to all the new members we've received during my absence and hello to all my friends out there! I can truly call you all my friends because on GTtalk were not just mechanics or carpenters and were not just a community, were family. That's how I look at this place is one big family and im honored to say that I belong here with you all. God bless.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20130809_194302_255.jpg
  • IMG_20130809_194307_046.jpg
  • IMG_20130809_194407_116.jpg
  • IMG_20130809_194411_164.jpg
  • IMG_20130809_194423_027.jpg
  • IMG_20130809_194431_515.jpg

• MH81, Alc, KennyP and 7 others have said thanks

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,271 Thanks
  • 28,608 posts

Posted August 18, 2013 - 09:08 PM

Wow, sounds like you all had a great time.
Neat story, can't wait for the next chapter. Tell her we said good luck.

Welcome back.
  • Dieselcubmike and oldedeeres have said thanks

#3 jd.rasentrac ONLINE  

jd.rasentrac

Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10327
  • 4,442 Thanks
  • 3,989 posts

Posted August 19, 2013 - 03:49 AM

Welcome back, Mike. I like the pictures!

• Dieselcubmike said thank you

#4 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,419 Thanks
  • 39,668 posts

Posted August 19, 2013 - 04:01 AM

Welcome back! Where's the pics of her pulling with the Cub? That sounds like it worked out awesome for all!

#5 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,167 Thanks
  • 5,759 posts

Posted August 19, 2013 - 08:12 AM

:camera: :camera:

#6 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted August 19, 2013 - 08:20 AM

Glad to have you back and the pulling stories and pictures are always welcome!

#7 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,702 Thanks
  • 8,557 posts

Posted August 19, 2013 - 09:19 AM

Welcome back! Where's the pics of her pulling with the Cub? That sounds like it worked out awesome for all!

That was my thought as well.  Wheres the pictures of the Mrs. pulling????   :poke:  Great story.

Welcome back, sounds like you had a great couple of weeks.

#8 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted August 19, 2013 - 10:52 AM

I actually have video of her pulling but I think I can find a picture or 2 of her pulling. Thanks everyone for the kind comments it feels good to be back!

Attached Thumbnails

• tractor pull.jpg

• KennyP and sacsr have said thanks

#9 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,419 Thanks
  • 39,668 posts

Posted August 19, 2013 - 04:26 PM

That be you watching from the sidelines?

#10 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted August 19, 2013 - 09:41 PM

Yup that's me running next to her kenny