• 322 Thanks
  • 332 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 08:36 AM

So looking at the parts book it's appears I need these part numbers
1714709 belt guide
1106874 cap screw
1714615 belt guide
Now the challenge can I locate a set

Edited by JohnWR, August 21, 2013 - 08:37 AM.

#17 JohnWR OFFLINE  

JohnWR
  • Member No: 34556
  • 322 Thanks
  • 332 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 05:47 PM

Ok got the belt guides ordered from bobs lawn and garden today so for the mean time i just put two bolts in the hole to stop the oil saturday ill clean and install all new belts with the guides.

Still this running issue if i go out and start it cold it will start right up and run great but as soon as i engage the PTO it wants to die and no matter where i set the throttle it wants to die and just surges but if i stop moving and put it back in nuetal and set full throttle it will run but as soon as i put any load on it it just craps back out again.

Edited by JohnWR, August 21, 2013 - 05:55 PM.

#18 JohnWR OFFLINE  

JohnWR
  • 322 Thanks
  • 332 posts

Posted September 02, 2013 - 05:28 PM

Ok so the bolens saga continues i really wish i could just start one of these tractors one day and mow the lawn in style but hopefully soon.

Got the running issue undercontrol turn out the carb is warped used the gas proof epoxy to seal the gaps till i locate a new carb but it now runs strong and does not miss a beat.

Onto the next issue the pulleys from the motor to the drive shaft are like 1/8th out of wack as a fix somone just slid the low gear pulley down to corect this issue but couldnt move the high gear pulley what the best way to correct this.

#19 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,672 Thanks
  • 17,198 posts

Posted September 02, 2013 - 05:32 PM

Ok so the bolens saga continues i really wish i could just start one of these tractors one day and mow the lawn in style but hopefully soon.

Got the running issue undercontrol turn out the carb is warped used the gas proof epoxy to seal the gaps till i locate a new carb but it now runs strong and does not miss a beat.

Onto the next issue the pulleys from the motor to the drive shaft are like 1/8th out of wack as a fix somone just slid the low gear pulley down to corect this issue but couldnt move the high gear pulley what the best way to correct this.

Just to clarify, are you talking about the cast iron engine pulley or the Idler pulleys being off?

#20 JohnWR OFFLINE  

JohnWR
  • 322 Thanks
  • 332 posts

Posted September 02, 2013 - 05:38 PM

Just to clarify, are you talking about the cast iron engine pulley or the Idler pulleys being off?

the cast iron pulleys the idler looks to be in the right spot.

#21 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,672 Thanks
  • 17,198 posts

Posted September 02, 2013 - 05:40 PM

the cast iron pulleys the idler looks to be in the right spot.

There are setscrews on the engine pulley. You can loosen them to get the belts aligned.

#22 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,481 Thanks
  • 4,633 posts

Posted September 02, 2013 - 05:55 PM

... till i locate a new carb ...

Danged nice haul for the $$ :thumbs:

This fella is probably the best source for a carb:

http://www.tubeframes.com/

Edited by OldBuzzard, September 02, 2013 - 05:55 PM.

#23 JohnWR OFFLINE  

JohnWR
  • 322 Thanks
  • 332 posts

Posted September 02, 2013 - 06:05 PM

Danged nice haul for the $$ :thumbs:

This fella is probably the best source for a carb:

http://www.tubeframes.com/

I am kinda afraid to call he wants 90 for referb the carb whats a complete one with out a core going to cost.

#24 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,672 Thanks
  • 17,198 posts

Posted September 02, 2013 - 06:11 PM

I am kinda afraid to call he wants 90 for referb the carb whats a complete one with out a core going to cost.

Your better off looking on ebay.

His price of a "Rebuild" is very expensive for only replacing gaskets, needle and seat which can easily be done by yourself.

A true rebuild should consist of all new components such as float, jets, bushings ect..

#25 JohnWR OFFLINE  

JohnWR
  • 322 Thanks
  • 332 posts

Posted September 02, 2013 - 06:22 PM

Your better off looking on ebay.

His price of a "Rebuild" is very expensive for only replacing gaskets, needle and seat which can easily be done by yourself.

A true rebuild should consist of all new components such as float, jets, bushings ect..

Ive been trying ebay nothing yet i sent bob a message the true problem is the top of these bendix carbs are poop and if the person working on it decides to arm strong the three screw you warp half the carb for now my fix works and i got the motor puring like a kitten no smoke. It took some creativity new points and condensor and a plug to get there. Now im onto drivetrain issues like the missing brake drum and pulley alignment new kevlar belts and a sloppy shifter and brake pedal. It may take a few more weeks but i will conqor this tractor and at least snow throw / plow my driveway this year.

#26 JohnWR OFFLINE  

JohnWR
  • 322 Thanks
  • 332 posts

Posted September 08, 2013 - 08:39 PM

ok tore the clutch and linkage out cleaned and shimmed everything and re adjusted now my clutch works 100% i noticed it's missing the small drum next to the drive shaft on the tranmission. Now that everthing is straight and on with the main pulleys on the motor and drive shaft i am noticeing the idler for the high and low gear in kinda twisted off and binds during changed from high to low gear.

#27 JohnWR OFFLINE  

JohnWR
  • 322 Thanks
  • 332 posts

Posted September 09, 2013 - 07:24 AM

ok little issue has arose again where i worked on the tractor at my dads hat a litte up hill grade and the clucth worked great. Now that i have it home and un loaded on level ground the front half of the clutch wont disengage from the drive shaft.