FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 610
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted November 24, 2010 - 10:21 PM

Does anyone know if the pin that the arm pivots on inside the dash is a thread in shaft? I broke mine off thinking it was in 1st, but really 2nd and trying to put it in park. This is the pivot shaft that is attached to the dash tower on the RT side. There appears to be a boss that the pin goes into, but it's either welded into it, or threaded. I need to get it out so I can turn a replacement shaft on the lathe. I thought I would get lucky and could use the one off the parts tractor that seemed to have every part broken and molested.... sure enough, after looking at it, there is a bit old nut and bolt going through the side of the dash tower. My word the prior owner was a dang ape!

#2 MFGray OFFLINE  

MFGray

• Member No: 154
  • 129 Thanks
  • 122 posts

Posted November 24, 2010 - 10:31 PM

I had mine down to bare metal (and it needed straightening too) and I could see no sign of any threading. The pin looked welded in to me.

George.

#3 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted November 25, 2010 - 06:25 AM

I honestly don't remember it being threaded either but I haven't had mine tore down to that point yet to get a really good look at it. I just know it is a tight squeeze in there to work on the variable drive on the Massey Fergusons.

#4 RAMJET OFFLINE  

RAMJET

• Member No: 1293
  • 2 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted November 27, 2010 - 10:48 AM

My MF12 had the same problem. I simply ground the welded part at the panel flat(I did not go all the way to the panel) and welded a hitch pin of the right diameter and length onto it. Works great! Roger
  • FirefyterEmt said thank you