• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,716 Thanks
  • 871 posts

Posted August 18, 2013 - 07:17 AM

HI GUYS , Here i am begging again, or it feels that way sometimes. i have not been a wealth of info to anyone latley, but it does feel good when i can share what i know, the good and the bad. i have been looking all summer for a hitch for my 300 and 400 series tractors , i did find one but the guy had it on a fudged wh 101 with a 416 hood and he wanted 416 money and would not just sell it alone. fall is coming and i want to use my 10" plow, its terrible having toys and not being able to play with them, if you have one for sale and would be willing to ship to buffalo, or are within 60 miles of there i could come pick it up , i am in hamilton ont. or if you could be so kind as give me a detailed drawing with a few measurements i could get the local machine shop to make me one to spec, thanks all, god bless

#2 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,289 Thanks
  • 28,622 posts

Posted August 18, 2013 - 07:53 AM

John, there is a classified right now with a bunch of WH stuff. PM him and see...

Our site sponsors: one of them ?should? Have one, I would think...
I thought there were some schematics on them around here somewhere?

If not, shoot me a PM and there is a guy on a dirt road WAY back in the country that parts out WH tractors (about an hour from here) I don't have his ph number, but might be able to drive over (or maybe track him down via a friend) and see if he has one.
  • farmer john said thank you

#3 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted August 18, 2013 - 11:16 AM

Which hitch?  There is a bolt on with one big pin thru the gear case that is drawbar. Then there is a sleeve hitch that goes on same area, and you leave draw bar on too, that hooks to a cable coming under the toolbox and goes to lift arm in front that hooks to it. This is probly what you want for a plow.  Not sure Horse had a 3pt at all??  I had those mentioned here, but they went with the tractors just sold.    I DO have one for the drawbar if interested. Need a picture?  It's a U-shaped strap iron with heavier flat iron coming off bottom with hitch hole, and it also reaches under gear case for support then. Not sure I have the big pin for it, but a big bolt works fine. Worth $12 plus ship?  This will not mount a plow though, still think you want that bigger sleeve hitch item.

#4 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted August 18, 2013 - 02:44 PM

A 3/4" hitch pin from Central Tractor, Rural King, Tractor Supply that is 6 1/2" long works great.

Just keep it greased up, or put never-seize on it when you install it.

#5 Rock farmer OFFLINE  

Rock farmer
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10759
  • 1,119 Thanks
  • 1,177 posts

Posted August 18, 2013 - 04:00 PM

There's one on Ebay right now. $100 or make an offer.. Plus $20 shipping. That's about what they go for. I've seen them as low as $50 but you have to be patient to find one for that. But, you'll also need the tube cable and rock shaft to make it work. Does this mean you got your 416 running right?

#6 Rock farmer OFFLINE  

Rock farmer
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10759
  • 1,119 Thanks
  • 1,177 posts

Posted August 18, 2013 - 04:11 PM

Figure the attachment pin is 10" back from the tractors pin. And, the cable attachment pin is 5-1/2" above the tractors pin and 2" out from the center line. And, the cable attachment point is 5"" back from the tractors pin.image.jpg image.jpg

Joe

#7 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,716 Thanks
  • 871 posts

Posted August 18, 2013 - 05:00 PM

THATS WHAT I WANT!!!!!!! ANYONE HAVE ONE FOR SALE? OR EVEN 2? I AM GETTING GREEDY

#8 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted August 18, 2013 - 06:22 PM

This is a sleeve hitch, sometimes called a clevis hitch. It is for a Wheel Horse

ClevisHitch.gif

clevishitchnewest2.jpg
clevishitchnewest1.jpg

All measurements are rough. The bar stock appears to be 2" x 3/8" except the lift bar which is 1 1/2" x 3/8". The tractor mount portion is snug with the attachment point on the tractor. From the tractor mount pin to the first bend is about 5 1/2", next bend is about 3 1/2" and the final is about 2 1/2" Total length from tractor mount pin center to the outer edge on the back of the bar is about 11". Where the lift cable attaches is 6 1/2" from the center of the lift hole to the bottom of the hitch. The back of the hitch is about 5" across with the center lift tube measuring 3 3/8" high from the bottom of the hitch. There are 2 holes with nuts welded to the inside. Those holes are 3 1/4" from center to center.         

Edited by KC9KAS, August 18, 2013 - 06:27 PM.

• MH81, js5020 and Rock farmer have said thanks

#9 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 04:45 PM

There are a couple of these on Ebay right now if you want to check them out.

One of the hitches on Ebay is homemade and they want more for that than a factory made model!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wanted