• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,718 Thanks
  • 872 posts

Posted August 17, 2013 - 09:54 PM

Hi guys, got a new toy a nice work horse gt 1100, its too late for pics but i have 4 tractors that i just got to post pics for, tomorrow i promise, is the work horse rare? did it come with regular wh decks, parts, attachments ? did they come from the c series or 300 series? does anyone have a site for attachment #, looking for correct blade, thanks farmer john

#2 baerpath OFFLINE  

baerpath
  • Member No: 10928
  • 314 Thanks
  • 514 posts

Posted August 18, 2013 - 05:36 AM

The 1100 Work Horse is basically a 312-8 painted silver and uses a briggs instead of a Kohler. Not rare just cheaper engines,  Any attachments that fit the quick attach from 1973 and newer go right on 

• farmer john said thank you

#3 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted August 18, 2013 - 10:38 AM

In the late 60's or every early 70's a Company started producing a GT with the name Work Horse. Wheel Horse took them to court and won, then WH registered the name themselves and started producing a less expensive GT under the Work Horse name. As stated above, WH used a B&S engine because they were less expensive then a Kohler. WH continued selling the Work Horse for several years and they were basically a C or 300 Series Wheel Horse. All of the attachments will interchange.

• farmer john said thank you