I am on call this weekend, so I didn't go to the farm. Instead, I got some work done on the tractors at home.
First, I figured out how to reload my grease gun. Lots of equipment was needing grease.
Then I took off the spring lift assist from my Cub 72 and installed it on the 147. The 72 has no rear lift, just the mower deck, so it didn't need the help. The 147 is a plowing tractor, and the homemade manual lift needed help.
I finally got the 147's hydro lever tension tightened. I tried to take the dash and tower off, but I never figured out why it wouldn't lift up at all. I decided to sacrifice an open end wrench, and the internet's best guess was 1 1/16". I cut the wrench about 4 inches long with a grinder, and found that 1 1/16" is correct. With the lever in forward, put the wrench on the tension nut, and move the lever to reverse. Three times was enough, and I like my 147 again.
Then I mounted the Brinly toolbar I bought at an auction this summer, No problem lifting it. Same with an 8" moldboard plow. The true test will be soon with my 10" plow at the farm.
I also tested out the new used Deere seat, much better than the junk broken original seat. I might actually enjoy plowing, now!
Next projects are head gaskets for both the 147 and 72, I see both now leak. I also need to rebuild the 147 PTO and deck. That might start tomorrow with removing the PTO set screws.
The best part might have been watching my wife mow the grass with our little Craftsman rear engine rider. I taught her how to run it, now she knows how to run a mowing tractor both at home and the farm.