Vote for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

Value Of This Tractor

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,136 Thanks
  • 2,267 posts

Posted August 17, 2013 - 02:36 PM

I used to answer this type of question but I need to test the waters out there.  For some unexplained reason, I am gravitating toward toward a very nice used SCUT.  To make this happen, I must get rid of a couple of tractors.  My Power Kings will be on the block but I am most interested in one for the value question.  It's a 1981 1614 with a front end loader.  This tractor started life as a 1618 but I got rid of the 18hp kohler before it started giving me problems.  To make this short, this tractor nao has one of the last BRAND NEW kohler k321s that Mission had on the floor.  I would guess it only has 10 hours on it give or take a couple.  When I put this engine in, I also added dual trannies and a brand new clutch.  Tractor DOES NOT hav a PTO on the new engine so mowing is out of the question.  Hydraulics do leak a little.  I know what the problem is, I just have no time to dig into it.  I have a temporary muffler on it but I do have a new quieter muffler to be installed.  Again, no time.  Three point hitch of course, over sized tires on brand new rims.  They are filled for weight.  Wheel weights that are 140lbs each.  FEL is factory, has no welds and is very strong.  It's lifted things that I never though it would lift.  Not the prettiest machine but very reliable now with the new heart.  You can see a pic on my picture page in my signature.  Tell me what you think and please, BE HONEST.  I'm not asking you to buy it.  I just need an honest opinion right now so I can see where I'm at with this other machine.  Thanks.

• JRJ said thank you

#2 OkieGt OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 36782
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 17, 2013 - 04:02 PM

It depends on how fast you want to sell it. If you want to turn it fast you'll have to give it away, things aren't selling fast. It also depends on part of the country you live in, out west there aren't a lot of use in a little tractor, back east where there is less room in general they bring more. I wouldn't take a penny less than 3750.00, That may be high or low depending on your own personal opinion, but not being a diesel, no PTO, your a little less than half of a remanufactured SCUT with a loader which runs about 7,000

• KennyP and David Brown have said thanks

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,643 Thanks
  • 28,301 posts

Posted August 17, 2013 - 05:58 PM

Jeff, you might be better off (if the Whole thing doesnt sell fast) lifting the FEL off and selling separate will help. I would run tht and all needed hdwr as a bin on eBay.

As for the rest of the tractor... I wish I had any clue whatsoever. I hate being no help at all, even tho it's what I'm best at :D
  • David Brown and OkieGt have said thanks

#4 OkieGt OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 36782
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 17, 2013 - 08:28 PM

Around here 15000.00-1700.00 is a TOP price for a 1614. I have to agree and disagree with Mark, on one hand having the original tractor with a loader adds to the value, I do agree that a eBay sale will generate a lot of traffic and may mean a higher sale price, BUT unless you offer shipping your going to lose about 50 percent of bidders or more.

#5 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,453 Thanks
  • 6,342 posts

Posted August 17, 2013 - 08:41 PM

think more than 1500, but less than that 3750 mentioned for sure. I would say around $2500 if real nice runner. Think I've seen pix of yours a few times. jrhaines is always looking to buy PK stuff. He's in PA and can travel.  Should have gone to some of those PK shows over your way to try to sell. Don't they have tractor swaps or shows in area to display?  What was the other model w/out the loader? 

#6 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,041 Thanks
  • 4,971 posts

Posted September 06, 2013 - 07:22 AM

We have a beautiful 1614 that we can't sell for nothing. Started it at 1500 went down to 1200 and I can't sell. I won't go less than 1200 on it.

Good luck on your sale