#1 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted November 24, 2010 - 07:06 PM

When you have " stuff " in your inventory, piles of parts soon become future projects. Here are three pictures of " stuff " that will be one of my winter projects. I don't really need one but I don't have one as of yet so I think it is time to build. Guess what it is.

034.JPG

Attached Thumbnails

• 033.JPG
  • 035.JPG

#2 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,700 Thanks
  • 17,207 posts

Posted November 24, 2010 - 07:14 PM

Your going to make a usable Tractor?

#3 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted November 24, 2010 - 07:23 PM

Tow behind self powered finish mower!

#4 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted November 24, 2010 - 07:31 PM

Looking at the parts,I would say Daniel might be right.

#5 Grumpy OFFLINE  

Grumpy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 440
  • 642 Thanks
  • 578 posts

Posted November 24, 2010 - 08:13 PM

Ditto

#6 dryrun OFFLINE  

dryrun

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1559
  • 56 Thanks
  • 342 posts

Posted November 25, 2010 - 12:02 AM

3point finish mower

#7 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,630 Thanks
  • 3,869 posts

Posted November 25, 2010 - 12:09 AM

Yep, Ol Cowhand hit it again.

#8 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted November 25, 2010 - 06:03 AM

I have to agree, Daniel got it or is close. I don't know if anyone else calls them differently but for me there are tow behind finish mowers and there are 3pt finish mowers. I think it is going to be a 3pt finish mower. :D

Nevermind, go with Daniel's answer as I didn't notice the pull hitch in the third pic right away LOL

#9 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted November 25, 2010 - 11:31 PM

Well Daniel gets the prize for the first correct guess. I am going to build a tow behind finish mower with a convertable straight or offset hitch setup. My friend that I mowed his yard for this summer really appreciated it and I will more than likely mow his yard next year for him also. His yard is quite large and I could make better time if I had this rig built and pulled it offset behind the tractor that I was already mowing with. If I make it with a straight hitch I could also just pull it behind one of my other garden tractors that I don't have a deck for just to get some run time on it. That's one problem with having a collection of garden tractors, some of them without attachments don't get run enough or worked hard to help keep them in decent running condition. This way I could just drop in a drawpin and put some work time on them. I might just make the hitch to work with the 3 point hitch also just to be able to run it behind the 1650. Time will tell on that. I'll take pictures of the project and keep you guys updated.

#10 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,630 Thanks
  • 3,869 posts

Posted November 25, 2010 - 11:47 PM

Well Daniel gets the prize for the first correct guess. I am going to build a tow behind finish mower with a convertable straight or offset hitch setup. My friend that I mowed his yard for this summer really appreciated it and I will more than likely mow his yard next year for him also. His yard is quite large and I could make better time if I had this rig built and pulled it offset behind the tractor that I was already mowing with. If I make it with a straight hitch I could also just pull it behind one of my other garden tractors that I don't have a deck for just to get some run time on it. That's one problem with having a collection of garden tractors, some of them without attachments don't get run enough or worked hard to help keep them in decent running condition. This way I could just drop in a drawpin and put some work time on them. I might just make the hitch to work with the 3 point hitch also just to be able to run it behind the 1650. Time will tell on that. I'll take pictures of the project and keep you guys updated.

Mike
I have done this with a 60" Swisher offset behind a 50" deck. Wow does that grass fade away.
You will love it. Only negative is it takes away from your seat time, but think of that as more seat time down at "Hornys".:beer::beer::beer:

#11 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted November 26, 2010 - 12:03 AM

Ducky, my new to me mower tractor has a 48 inch deck and this John Deere deck is also a 48 inch one. That should get me done quicker. The 12 horse Briggs engine has very little run time on it. I got it in a lawn tractor that the guy had replaced the engine and then the tranny went out and he gave up on the lawn tractor at that point. The John Deere deck was a free one from a junked out John Deere 285 I believe. I have $50.00 in this project so far.
When It is done I should be able to get the yard mowed in record time and get a good seat downtown! :beer::thumbs:

#12 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,458 Thanks
  • 6,625 posts

Posted November 30, 2010 - 09:53 PM

I always t+ Reply to Threadhought it would be nice to have one that you could hook up and be offset to get under the evergreen trees instead of hand mowing , and thats not often