• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted August 18, 2013 - 10:56 AM

We had a great time! The weather was so perfect and the sun set was the most amazing I have ever seen!

I decided to just fish for the Scup (Porgy), I lost count how many I caught, At least 20, but I only kept 8 of the big ones.

We got back to his house around 10PM, Lit a fire in the fire pit and cleaned the fish. He was so... happy and kept thanking me for a fun day. That really made my day!

Today we decided to have a cook out at his house instead of going clamming and crabbing. As I type this the Scup are all in the smoker. :dancingbanana:

• Newpaws493 said thank you

#17 John@Reliable OFFLINE  

John@Reliable

Procrastinators unite tomorrow

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 36
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,416 posts

Posted August 18, 2013 - 11:38 AM

We had a great time! The weather was so perfect and the sun set was the most amazing I have ever seen!

I decided to just fish for the Scup (Porgy), I lost count how many I caught, At least 20, but I only kept 8 of the big ones.

We got back to his house around 10PM, Lit a fire in the fire pit and cleaned the fish. He was so... happy and kept thanking me for a fun day. That really made my day!

Today we decided to have a cook out at his house instead of going clamming and crabbing. As I type this the Scup are all in the smoker. :dancingbanana:

Chris, last night wife said "what's for dinner" as it was only the two of us at home, two kids are away and the other two were working, and for some reason I've been thinking about seafood all day :D  Off to my favorite place (only open Thursday,Friday and Saturday, and next weekend is the last of there season) :(   , but the tourist haven't found it yet, we started with chowder and clamcakes and finished with fried clams and lobster  :thumbs:  :beer: 

• chris m said thank you

#18 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted August 18, 2013 - 12:08 PM

As I type this the Scup are all in the smoker. :dancingbanana:

Glad ta hear it! When they are running, its more like harvesting, they'll bite a naked hook in their path! :rolling: Good eats though!

Chris, last night wife said "what's for dinner" as it was only the two of us at home, two kids are away and the other two were working, and for some reason I've been thinking about seafood all day :D  Off to my favorite place (only open Thursday,Friday and Saturday, and next weekend is the last of there season) :(   , but the tourist haven't found it yet, we started with chowder and clamcakes and finished with fried clams and lobster  :thumbs:  :beer:

Whenever I'm down your way, We make a mandatory stop at Koolcone for our feeding, how would ya rate them?

#19 John@Reliable OFFLINE  

John@Reliable

Procrastinators unite tomorrow

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 36
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,416 posts

Posted August 18, 2013 - 02:07 PM

Glad ta hear it! When they are running, its more like harvesting, they'll bite a naked hook in their path! :rolling: Good eats though!

Whenever I'm down your way, We make a mandatory stop at Koolcone for our feeding, how would ya rate them?

8+  >>>>    9+ if they had beer :smilewink:

• Newpaws493 said thank you

#20 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted August 18, 2013 - 04:19 PM

:thumbs: Sounds 'bout right...awesome take out trays!

Edited by Newpaws493, August 18, 2013 - 04:48 PM.