Garden Tractor Forums banner

Please Show Your Pictures Of Snapper/mf 1450-1855

24K views 85 replies 26 participants last post by  shorty 
#1 ·
Would just like to see what guys have of these GTs, Here's mine. Thanks!

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Yep, very nice tractor! But, are you teasing us? ONLY one pic? We need more pics!
Thank you, and here you go. The whole idea behind this tread was to see other similar tractors not mine. :watch_over_fence:

Attachments

#6 ·
Thanks for adding more great photographs after that initial teaser. It sure looks great. What implements do you use with it?

Reactions: SamMC
#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
Here's the MF1650 I used to have. I restored it for my nephew, aka member "baumbaum". I did change the color scheme a bit.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Vehicle
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

Here's my worker, heavily modified MF1655 diesel repower. Loader not put back on yet in this pic, so easier to see.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Tractor Automotive tire

Here's my heavily modified MF1650, now a "2055" as I call it. 20hp Onan. Loader & loader mounts are now on the 1655 diesel in pic above.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Tractor Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Automotive tire

Attachments

#9 ·
Here's the MF1650 I used to have. I restored it for my nephew, aka member "baumbaum". I did change the color scheme a bit.

attachicon.gif
DSC00038.jpg
attachicon.gif
DSC00037.jpg

Here's my worker, heavily modified MF1655 diesel repower. Loader not put back on yet in this pic, so easier to see.

attachicon.gif
DSC00614.JPG

Here's my heavily modified MF1650, now a "2055" as I call it. 20hp Onan. Loader & loader mounts are now on the 1655 diesel in pic above.

attachicon.gif
X-mas062.jpg
attachicon.gif
X-mas063.jpg
Very nice tractors.

#11 ·
Here is my 1450 as I use it now. It has a MF510 deck on it. It cuts my grass.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Locking hubs

It was my first restoration, so I played dress up with it a bit. Different shoes

and bling.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Automotive tire

Also, I used it for a while, as a refreshment buggy. :beer:

Wheel Tire Plant Automotive tire Vehicle

This is my MF1650. It's the work horse. Since this pic, Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

I've put some 26" AGs on it. Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Synthetic rubber
and

weights.

It plows and snowblows, and moves things around with the 3pt hitch. I've done some box blading

with it, and dragging a snowmobile trail groomer around in the summer, to rip roots

out of the trails. I've also had a spike tooth harrow behind it a few times, to scuff up the gravel

yard. I don't think I'll ever part with this one.

Oh yeah, I added this brace, to stiffen up the steering column. I like to pull my butt off the seat,

using my hands on the wheel. Motor vehicle Bumper Hood Wood Automotive exterior

Attachments

#12 ·
Here is my 1450 as I use it now. It has a MF510 deck on it. It cuts my grass.

attachicon.gif
P1010008.JPG

It was my first restoration, so I played dress up with it a bit. Different shoes

and bling.

attachicon.gif
002.JPG

Also, I used it for a while, as a refreshment buggy. :beer:

attachicon.gif
001.JPG

This is my MF1650. It's the work horse. Since this pic,
attachicon.gif
The Boss (1).JPG

I've put some 26" AGs on it.
attachicon.gif
tires.jpg and

weights.

It plows and snowblows, and moves things around with the 3pt hitch. I've done some box blading

with it, and dragging a snowmobile trail groomer around in the summer, to rip roots

out of the trails. I've also had a spike tooth harrow behind it a few times, to scuff up the gravel

yard. I don't think I'll ever part with this one.

Oh yeah, I added this brace, to stiffen up the steering column. I like to pull my butt off the seat,

using my hands on the wheel.
attachicon.gif
P1010755.JPG
Whoa! Your grille guard scares me, lol. Wish I would have talked to you before I bought my tires. Interesting steering wheel. Both nice tractors. Thanks.

#13 ·

attachicon.gif
DSC00038.jpg
attachicon.gif
DSC00037.jpg

attachicon.gif
DSC00614.JPG

attachicon.gif
X-mas062.jpg
attachicon.gif
X-mas063.jpg
By the way, I used your nephews tractor to "inspire" me when I was restoring mine. I know it's not stock colors but very nicely done!

#14 ·
Here's my 1855 I bought a year ago that ended up having a laundry list of problems. I pulled motor in fall to repair mounts, driveshaft, etc and then pushed in back corner where it still sits. Just had too much going on this summer to even look at it.

photobucket-39026-1343736794042.jpg

photobucket-2124-1349952514379.jpg

#18 ·
Great idea!! The column on my 1855 is pretty loose, for that exact reason. I think I'm going to copy this.

--Eric

Reactions: Sawdust
#19 ·
Well, here's some pictures of the MF 1650 that I recently traded...

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Gas Automotive exterior

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Plant Bumper

Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tractor Motor vehicle

Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Hood Car Vehicle

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior

--Eric

Attachments

#21 ·
#23 · (Edited by Moderator)
Glass like finish. Impressive. Where did you pick up the center cap emblem on your steering wheel? Don't suppose you kept the snow blade when you traded?
Thanks!! The center emblem was on it when I got the tractor...not sure where it came from? I wish I would've kept the snow blade and sold it to someone who would really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I let it go in the trade.

The guy I traded the MF 1650 to just listed it for sale though. He's a wheeler-and-dealer kind of guy, so I'm sure you could work something out with him. The only downside, is he's in Delaware... http://delaware.craigslist.org/bar/3923580224.html

Also, maybe you could check with this guy, and see if he'd part with the blade. It's not terribly far from you, and his price for the whole package is really good! http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/grd/3882213903.html

--Eric

Reactions: gtcsreg
#24 ·
Thanks!! The center emblem was on it when I got the tractor...not sure where it came from? I wish I would've kept the snow blade and sold it to someone who would really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I let it go in the trade.

The guy I traded the MF 1650 to just listed it for sale though. He's a wheeler-and-dealer kind of guy, so I'm sure you could work something out with him. The only downside, is he's in Delaware... http://delaware.craigslist.org/bar/3923580224.html

Also, maybe you could check with this guy, and see if he'd part with the blade. It's not terribly far from you, and his price for the whole package is really good! http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/grd/3882213903.html

--Eric
Thanks, I know of one within 15 miles just haven't had the cash or the time to ask her.

#26 ·
^^^ That's one of my favorite 1855s ever. Did you stack two sets of wheel weights on the rears? Any chance you have a part number or a source for these?

Reactions: gtcsreg
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.