Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Any Brave Souls (or just crazy)...Black Friday?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 mastifflawyer OFFLINE  

mastifflawyer

Tractorholic

• Member No: 261
  • 43 Thanks
  • 162 posts

Posted November 25, 2010 - 06:48 AM

George-Do you realize how many tractors you could buy for $100,000 ????

#17 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted November 25, 2010 - 06:56 AM

George-Do you realize how many tractors you could buy for $100,000 ????

I understand that, but it is not a sacrifice I am willing to make. Now if I could send my little troll to do the shopping for me it would be a different story LOL

#18 mastifflawyer OFFLINE  

mastifflawyer

Tractorholic

• Member No: 261
  • 43 Thanks
  • 162 posts

Posted November 26, 2010 - 07:21 AM

I left the house at 6:45am. I got in line with about 20 people. Doors opened at 7am. Got my drill and was home at 7:11am. It could not have been better.

#19 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,303 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts

Posted November 26, 2010 - 07:41 AM

I understand that, but it is not a sacrifice I am willing to make. Now if I could send my little troll to do the shopping for me it would be a different story LOL

Just don't send your little penguin, he looks like a Warner Brothers character. I'd imagine that if he got stepped on, he's make a squeaky noise.

#20 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,303 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts

Posted November 26, 2010 - 07:42 AM

Good luck to all who work retail today.

#21 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted November 26, 2010 - 07:52 AM

Just don't send your little penguin, he looks like a Warner Brothers character.

He almost looks like Chilly Willy.LOL
http://t3.gstatic.co...d4I1GySMxB12rK8

Edited by mjodrey, November 26, 2010 - 08:35 AM.

#22 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted November 26, 2010 - 09:35 AM

After my second cup of coffee I jumped in the car and went to my local Ace hardware 4 miles away. I got there at 5 minutes to 7AM along with about 10 other people. Doors open at 7, walked in, picked up a Dewalt 18 volt drill, walked out, home by 7:15. Drill batteries are charging. I'm done with my Black Friday shopping.

#23 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted November 26, 2010 - 02:11 PM

... Now if I could send my little troll to do the shopping for me it would be a different story LOL

George, If you can talk the little guy into scaring off all the other customers...I might have to borrow him for a while :bigrofl:! I'm right with you on the "not a people person thing!"
I happened across the TSC ad (after my wife pointed out that there was a huge crowd there at 7:00 AM when she was on her way home) and saw that there was a deal on their "garage in a box". 12'X20'X8'. It was $100 off making it $249 instead of $349. I bit the bullet and went and grabbed one. Storage problem temporarily solved! Now I just have to put it together! "What do you mean tab A into slot B? There isn't a (&^$*($&$(^% slot B!!"

#24 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,303 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts

Posted November 26, 2010 - 02:24 PM

Can I borrow your troll, I'm just taking my noon lunch break. Good Lord, what a day.

Guess I shouldn't complain... no customers would equal no job.

#25 Enginerd OFFLINE  

Enginerd

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 611
  • 61 Thanks
  • 140 posts

Posted November 27, 2010 - 06:36 PM

I got to Tractor Supply Co at just after 5am, and I was the first one there:dancingbanana:. Since it was raining I sat in the car and ate my bagel where it was warm and dry. When a second person arrived at 5:15 and was dedicated enough to get out of the car and stand in the rain, I joined him. They opened the doors 20 minutes early (5:40), and by then there were only four people behind us.
I picked up a 140 amp battery charger for $60, a 2kW generator for $150, and a nice canvas work coat and a couple of big ratchet straps. They had a decent 26 gallon oiled air compressor for only $150, but it was only 4cfm @ 90 psi and I already have a cheap compressor.
I then went to Lowes and picked up the doorbuster sales I had ordered online the night before. All in all it was an easy morning with no rude people to deal with, and I got myself some nice Christmas presents :smilewink:

#26 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted November 27, 2010 - 07:40 PM

I hate to go out on Black Friday with the traffic and every thing. Don't want to shop, just be able to go where I want to. My daughter and daughter-inlaw actually drove the extra 60 miles to our old home to do their early shopping. My daughter said it was like pulling up to the local Wal-Mart on a slow day. I do miss our old hometown but love being at our new home with all of our family within a 10 mile drive.

#27 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted November 29, 2010 - 09:35 AM

Went to lowes to get a miter saw. They were supposed to open at 6 accorinding to the ad, got there at 4:45, was 20 or 30 people in line. Was suppized when I heard they were opening at 5am. Walked in got my saw, looked around a little more, then walked right up to a counter and check outs. In and out in like 15 min, not a bad experience.

#28 WQDL753 OFFLINE  

WQDL753

Bolensholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1407
  • 59 Thanks
  • 301 posts

Posted December 01, 2010 - 02:56 AM

I know I'm late on this one, but...the wife did black friday once, to say she did it I think. I wouldn't even get out on the roads if I didn't have to work. And we are both in agreement, we'd rather drive a truck in india than shop on black friday!!!
It's safer... :rofl2: