Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Any Brave Souls (or just crazy)...Black Friday?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted November 24, 2010 - 12:37 PM

Just wondering how many of you guys are going to get into the craziness of "Black Friday"? There are some major savings to be had, but I tried it ONE time & vowed NEVER to be a part of that fray again....EVER! I've never seen so many grown people act so completely nuts. Granted, there are nice people with manners shopping that day, but the time I went my blood was boiling. Standing in line, some woman kept bumping her cart into my backside. :mad2::mad2::mad2:
I guess she thought it would help her get somewhere with the main doors still shut????? Closest I ever came to smacking a woman!! I would call her "lady", but that was simply not the case.
That's just one example of hundreds of rude/crude actions I had to put up with that day.

I'll be at home for sure!!

#2 mastifflawyer OFFLINE  

mastifflawyer

Tractorholic

• Member No: 261
  • 43 Thanks
  • 162 posts

Posted November 24, 2010 - 01:15 PM

Well Dan- I just stopped at ACE Hardware to look at the Dewalt 18V Cordless Drill that is priced at 89.99, and the Milwaukee lithium battery combo drill driver and impact driver for $139.99. I wanted to make sure they had more then one in store for Friday at 7am.

I have had a Dewalt 12V drill for at least 15 years and a replacement set of batteries are just about worn out. I have used that Dewalt so much over the years that it has paid for itself 1000 times over. So it is time to get a new one and keep that one as a backup. What can be better than buying yourself a present at a big discount on Black Friday???

The good part about ACE is that it is 2 miles away

#3 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted November 24, 2010 - 01:20 PM

Well, I figure ACE won't be nearly as wild as a department store. And just a 2 mile drive is easy! I can see your Black Friday shopping trip as easy enough. Hope all goes well & you come home with the prize(s)!

#4 DGS345 OFFLINE  

DGS345

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 513
  • 16 Thanks
  • 348 posts

Posted November 24, 2010 - 01:48 PM

I will be sitting home also. As I get frustrated going to the store any day I cannot imagine going on black friday. What I would save would probably be less than the fines for smacking someone or the sentence for killing them... so it is cheaper for me to stay home

#5 AcreFarm OFFLINE  

AcreFarm

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 54
  • 109 Thanks
  • 359 posts

Posted November 24, 2010 - 02:00 PM

I did the door-buster Black Friday shopping thing once. Never again! I was also on the other side of the cash register for 1 of them, it's crazy how normally civil customers turn impatient and hostile that day. Not to mention traffic is mostly split up between those half asleep, and those that are jacked up on caffeine all hurling their vehicles to the sales as fast as they can. No thanks, I think I'll stay in bed!

#6 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,703 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted November 24, 2010 - 02:23 PM

I'll be at home probably working on the GT's LOL

#7 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted November 24, 2010 - 03:21 PM

Tried it once or twice, not impressed, don't need/want most of the stuff being sold, tractor parts on special at 5:00am:bigrofl::bigrofl: that might do it. I do not envy my BIL he is scheduled to work the 10:00 pm to 4:00 am shift at Walmart Thurs nite/Fri morning:ass:
P.

#8 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted November 24, 2010 - 04:01 PM

I do not envy my BIL he is scheduled to work the 10:00 pm to 4:00 am shift at Walmart Thurs nite/Fri morning:ass:
P.

my Brother has the 4 am to 1pm shift on friday.

#9 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted November 24, 2010 - 04:02 PM

I might be drawn out for a mitter saw from lowes. Will have to see, probably wont go.

#10 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted November 24, 2010 - 05:34 PM

My wife tried to talk me into it...I flatly denied her! I'm not good in a NICE crowd of people. I don't imagine that a frenzied crowd would be any better for me.

#11 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted November 24, 2010 - 06:39 PM

I did the 5 am thing once about 10 years ago and that was more than enough for me. The crazies can carry on without me. The local ACE hardware has the same deal on the Dewalt 18 volt cordless drill at 89.99. My 9.6 Dewalt has served me well for many years but the batteries will not hold charge anymore and 2 replacement batteries for it would run just short of $100.00. It makes it kind of a no brainer of what to do. They have about 30 of the drills on hand so I think I will just leave the house after my second cup of coffee and go the 4 miles to pick one up.

#12 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted November 24, 2010 - 08:59 PM

I don't care what they offer on Black Friday. I don't like the chaos. Many many rude people who think it is all fun.

I hope to be out hunting deer, not bargains.

#13 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,334 Thanks
  • 28,642 posts

Posted November 24, 2010 - 10:11 PM

I did the door-buster Black Friday shopping thing once. Never again! I was also on the other side of the cash register for 1 of them, it's crazy how normally civil customers turn impatient and hostile that day. Not to mention traffic is mostly split up between those half asleep, and those that are jacked up on caffeine all hurling their vehicles to the sales as fast as they can. No thanks, I think I'll stay in bed!

I wish I could stay in bed, I have to work both Friday & Saturday. Tried to get a Medical release by scheduling a lobotomy, but my boss didn't buy it. I almost wish he did.

#14 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted November 25, 2010 - 06:41 AM

I wish I could stay in bed, I have to work both Friday & Saturday. Tried to get a Medical release by scheduling a lobotomy, but my boss didn't buy it. I almost wish he did.

LMAO, I think if you would have used the excuse a$$ lift they might have bought it :D :poke:

#15 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted November 25, 2010 - 06:45 AM

I know it might seem strange but I am not a people person. At least not out in public, especially at a mall, department store or grocery store. I will never do that Black Friday thing even if they were giving away $100,000 to the first 10 people in the door and I was #8.

I would prefer to support the mom and pop shops as much as I can but I do most of my shopping online when it comes to gadgets.

The deal on the Dewalt 18V sounds like a great deal and our Ace hardware is only 2 mile away but I still won't do it. Resistance is futile :D