• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,715 Thanks
  • 868 posts

Posted August 14, 2013 - 11:40 PM

Thanks to all for your advice on the coil wiring but the tractor is still no go, i have had it  cough a few times , heres the story so you have some history, bought this wh 416-8 with onan, not running, good repairable deck $200, bring it home, no spark, find a bad connection on ignition mod at coil, repair and presto!! it fires right up purrs like a kitten, im thinking lucky me, run it for 2 1/2 hours cutting 2 acres, no problem, shut it down, go to show it off to my neighbour, no go again( i have to stop gloating on these deals, i am cursing myself) check it out no spark again, well i finally get a new module and rotor install them , now i have spark, she will cough slightly but not run, i noticed that the oil engin light is flashing, checked the oil, ok , but am now thinking the oil sensor is my problem but i assumed when it fudges up you dont get a spark or does it act simply as a kill switch and i will still have spark? any thoughts thanks

• boyscout862 said thank you

#2 nbent OFFLINE  

nbent

customizer

• Member No: 8320
  • 628 Thanks
  • 520 posts

Posted August 14, 2013 - 11:46 PM

on the onan i had it wouldn't kill the engine but yours might be different try unplugging it and see if it still flashes

• farmer john said thank you

#3 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,715 Thanks
  • 868 posts

Posted August 15, 2013 - 01:50 AM

thats what i was afraid of, i will have to pull the motor 1/2 apart as it is under everything

#4 Rock farmer ONLINE  

Rock farmer
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10759
  • 1,119 Thanks
  • 1,177 posts

Posted August 15, 2013 - 05:39 AM

It flashes until running. That is not your problem. You had better take a good long look at your wiring harness! The fuse box and the nine pin barrel connector under the battery box are notorious problems on wheel horses.

Joe

Edited by Rock farmer, August 15, 2013 - 04:12 PM.

• MH81, boyscout862, farmer john and 1 other said thanks