Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Hurry Before Its Too Late!

what the heck? just dont get people

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 IHCubGuy ONLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,361 Thanks
  • 1,476 posts

Posted August 13, 2013 - 10:28 AM

http://williamsport....3997663179.html

Only $7 K

UP FOR SALE IS MY 1948 FARMALL CUB TRACTOR. THIS TRACTOR IS FULLY RESTORED WITH JUST A COUPLE LITTLE THINGS NEEDED TO MAKE IT BE JUST LIKE IT ROLLED OFF THE ASSEMBLY LINE. ALONG WITH THE TRACTOR COMES AN AMAZING ARRAY OF N.O.S. (NEW OLD. STOCK) PARTS AND HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS OF USED REPLACEMENT PARTS AND THOUSANDS OF CUB DOT HEAD BOLTS AND IH REPLACEMENT BOLTS. BRAND NEW CARLISLE 9.5 X 24 REAR TIRES AND BRAND NEW FRONT TIRES ALONG WITH AN EXTRA SET OF VERY HARD TO FIND BAR LUG FRONT TIRES. ALSO COMES WITH A DECK MOWER THAT NEEDS RESTORED. A JOB OPPORTUNITY IN CALIFORNIA IS FORCING ME TO SELL THIS AND BELIEVE ME THIS IS THE DEAL OF A LIFETIME!! CALL JESSE AT (570)412-4081

Attached Thumbnails

• cub.jpg

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted August 13, 2013 - 10:42 AM

Is that what a fully restored ub goes for these days? I've never seen one anywhere near that high even up here in the land of high priced tractors.

#3 LTD OFFLINE  

LTD

Cub Cadet Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5951
  • 1,028 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted August 13, 2013 - 12:20 PM

Is that what a fully restored cub goes for these days?

No. Maybe $3000; at the most.

#4 TractorGuy1994 OFFLINE  

TractorGuy1994
  • Member No: 39291
  • 259 Thanks
  • 165 posts

Posted August 13, 2013 - 12:36 PM

Um...... Only if it were a prototype! an had all of the Cub equipment! :D

Its dont matter are much you put in to one it dosent make the value go up!

#5 IHCubGuy ONLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• 1,361 Thanks
  • 1,476 posts

Posted August 13, 2013 - 02:41 PM

I especially like the VERY hard to find bar lug tires.   lol!!!

#6 IHCubGuy ONLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• 1,361 Thanks
  • 1,476 posts

Posted August 13, 2013 - 02:44 PM

For comparison this one is right here in my town and is a VERY nice looking unit. I am betting maybe even original. If I had some extra dough at the moment this one would be home allready. Would go well with the red 1955 Lo boy we have.

http://williamsport....3994072188.html

Back on the market Farmall Lo Boy Tractor (about 1961) with 5 ft belly mower and snow plow. Good condition and runs good. $2650.00 Text or call 717-451-1631. Please leave message if no answer.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

#7 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2135
  • 2,304 Thanks
  • 2,336 posts

Posted August 13, 2013 - 04:31 PM

Nice looking tractor but the price is a little to steep for me.

The PA turnpike used to use The Lo Boys to mow with.I'm betting that's why this one is Safety Yellow.My grandpaw used a low boy with a Sickle mower on the TP years ago when he mowed around the Blue Mountain tunnel erea.

He took me with him a couple times when I was younger.

My uncle has a Turnpike used Ford 3000 Diesel that was painted Safety Yellow.Only way to tell if it's original is if it has DOT on the Model number tag.

Edited by EricFromPa, August 13, 2013 - 05:58 PM.

#8 pharmer OFFLINE  

pharmer

• Member No: 4250
  • 686 Thanks
  • 677 posts

Posted August 13, 2013 - 05:09 PM

Let's be nice now. He's not forcing anyone here to buy it. If you don't agree with the price say so. After all he is a fellow member on this site , not some random CL or Ebay poster.

#9 IHCubGuy ONLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• 1,361 Thanks
  • 1,476 posts

Posted August 13, 2013 - 05:40 PM

Let's be nice now. He's not forcing anyone here to buy it. If you don't agree with the price say so. After all he is a fellow member on this site , not some random CL or Ebay poster.

Well I'm not out to step on anyones toes and I was unaware the person is a forum member.  Having said that I just don't see the value in it with whats pictured.  If there were pictures of all the other parts and the mower that the ad says goes along then maybe I could say yes it's worth it.  If he can find a buyer and they are both happy with the transaction thats great.  It ain't gonna be me though.

#10 pharmer OFFLINE  

pharmer

• Member No: 4250
  • 686 Thanks
  • 677 posts

Posted August 13, 2013 - 06:07 PM

Well I'm not out to step on anyones toes and I was unaware the person is a forum member. Having said that I just don't see the value in it with whats pictured. If there were pictures of all the other parts and the mower that the ad says goes along then maybe I could say yes it's worth it. If he can find a buyer and they are both happy with the transaction thats great. It ain't gonna be me though.

Oops! My mistake. I didn't look close enough at the post. I thought you were the one selling it. I guess whatever anyone has to say is fair game. Honestly, I agree that is way too much!

Edited by pharmer, August 13, 2013 - 07:10 PM.

#11 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted August 13, 2013 - 07:57 PM

Personally, I think that is a lot of cash to ask, but when you figure in all the blood, sweat, tears and parts you put into a restoration, that figure still tightens the belt in.  I bet he isn't making much.  I didn't say it was worth that, though, only that it is easy to get a $7000 check written to finish a tractor that way. 

Ben W.