• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 Stubby OFFLINE  

Stubby
  • Member No: 34568
  • 28 Thanks
  • 22 posts

Posted September 15, 2013 - 08:57 PM

I know the wife had her personal computer do that cause of leaving it on all the time. That would not have hurt it if the heat sink bracket hadn't broken. I replace the heat sink and fan and it runs almost like new again. So there are many things that need checked. I know I should clean out ours a lot more than I do but they do get blown out 3 times a year whether they need it or not. Surprising what can find its way inside. Anyone found a mouse nest? Found that on a customers computer once. They had left a PCI slot cover off for better cooling.

• HDWildBill said thank you

#17 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,702 Thanks
  • 8,557 posts

Posted September 16, 2013 - 08:49 AM

I know the wife had her personal computer do that cause of leaving it on all the time. That would not have hurt it if the heat sink bracket hadn't broken. I replace the heat sink and fan and it runs almost like new again. So there are many things that need checked. I know I should clean out ours a lot more than I do but they do get blown out 3 times a year whether they need it or not. Surprising what can find its way inside. Anyone found a mouse nest? Found that on a customers computer once. They had left a PCI slot cover off for better cooling.

I haven't found a mouse nest but I have found the inside so packed with dirt and dust that you could hardly tell where the motherboard was.  The client could not understand why his computer just up and quit!   I tell my clients that cleaning out their computers is kind of like doing an oil change on there car's.  You don't do it you will end up paying big money to replace it!