• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,763 Thanks
  • 7,532 posts

Posted August 13, 2013 - 06:57 AM

The weedeater may be that the new filter is defective and or the fuel line is blocked inside. A few weeks ago one of the threads mentioned that a fuel line had constricted and shut off its flow. I'd pull the line and filter and carefully inspect the flow rate using a boat gas can pump to pull a vacuum. Good Luck, Rick

#17 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,447 Thanks
  • 6,612 posts

Posted August 19, 2013 - 05:41 AM

Just wondering if you found the problem yet ? I'll be looking at my chain saw I think , ran and then wouldn't restart

#18 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,217 Thanks
  • 2,314 posts

Posted August 19, 2013 - 08:13 AM

Just wondering if you found the problem yet ? I'll be looking at my chain saw I think , ran and then wouldn't restart

Not yet.  I'm taking the weed whacker to a friend of mine who used to work on them for a living.  Taking the kart some place else.  These need to run and I haven't got the time to even look at them right now.  I'm sure it's something very simple but everything takes time.

#19 grattone ONLINE  

grattone
  • Member No: 66237
  • 222 Thanks
  • 167 posts

Posted February 20, 2015 - 08:15 PM

I have stopped using Ethanol Gas in anything other than on road vehicles. We have regular no ethanol available close buy and 25 to 50 cent per gallon difference is worth it to me, I was constantly replacing fuel lines on weed eater, hedge trimmer and anything 2 cycle. Plus the blood pressure stayed up more than I needed.

#20 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,606 posts

Posted February 21, 2015 - 08:15 PM

I'll have to pencil it in for some time in 2015

Did you ever get it penciled in?

• David Brown said thank you

#21 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,217 Thanks
  • 2,314 posts

Posted February 21, 2015 - 08:54 PM

Did you ever get it penciled in?

Not yet.  I had to go back through the whole thread to even remember what I had to pencil in.  Now that OT will be dying down in the next month, I need to get to some of these projects.  The kart ran good last time it ran (where have we heard that before) and the weed whacker has worked flawlessly all winter:).  We'll see what happens when I actually have to use it.  I really want to come north a little more this summer to some things that group French Creek is doing.  Will that happen?  I'll let you know in the fall.  That's such a nice group and they do some really cool things.

• MH81 said thank you

#22 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,409 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted February 22, 2015 - 07:13 AM

One of those 'Ran great when I parked it' things! Good luck!

#23 JBRamsey ONLINE  

JBRamsey
  • Member No: 61995
  • 972 Thanks
  • 587 posts

Posted February 22, 2015 - 10:08 AM

Check the primer bulb on the weedeater. Make sure it's not cracked and sucking air.

I had a dirt dauber build a nest in a brand new chainsaw muffler a few years back. It idled perfectly and died as soon as I gave it throttle. Almost drove me nuts figuring it out.

I use pure gas and StaBil in everything and try and run everything once a month or so. I let my main mower run until it's dry at the end of the season. So far that's workIng for me.

#24 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,437 Thanks
  • 1,895 posts

Posted February 25, 2015 - 09:06 PM

I wish we could even get "ethanol free" gas.   Last I knew there were 2 stations in all of Illinois that had it, both over 150 miles south of me (there used to be a website where you could look up those sort of places)

#25 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,943 Thanks
  • 3,322 posts

Posted March 06, 2015 - 11:32 PM

I have to use ethanol gas, but I have been making a mixture for over 5 years now. 5 gallons of gas, one oz of the red Stabil, and one oz of STP gas treatment. I have been using this mixture in all the tractors, and mix in a 1 gallon can with oil for the weed wacker. Not had a starting issue out of any of them, even after sitting dormant for months.

#26 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,847 Thanks
  • 3,191 posts

Posted March 19, 2015 - 11:08 AM

One of My Olde Deeres pet peeves--- try finding a gallon can up here anymore now that we're all metric! It used to be so easy to make a gas mix for chainsaws etc. Folks go to yard and auction sales and get the older cans , (not plastic) just to have some on hand.

• MH81 said thank you