20 replies to this topic

#16 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 36782
  • 1,428 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 12, 2013 - 11:27 PM

Very rare, Allis made Homelite built in South Carolina, its half Simplicity 3416H and half Allis 416H, if you turn the front grill upside down it look like a Simplicity tractor

homelite-T16.jpg

• boyscout862 said thank you

#17 jdslednut OFFLINE  

jdslednut

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 77
  • 677 Thanks
  • 846 posts

Posted August 13, 2013 - 12:20 AM

Rubbin' it in a little eh?
  • OkieGt said thank you

#18 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,428 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 13, 2013 - 06:31 AM

Rubbin' it in a little eh?

encouraging you that's it and maybe steering you towards the right Blue one, lol

#19 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 10,960 Thanks
  • 8,206 posts

Posted August 13, 2013 - 07:28 AM

I want to counsel veterans that need help, We are losing more Veterans to suicide than we lose on the battlefield, that is preventable and has to stop. It will take a Army of counselors and mental health professionals to solve the issues these guys had, just because corporate America thought war would be good for our economy. This war was protested when we had a republican in office, but it has escalated with a democrat and the media says nothing, reminds me of Johnson from 1965-1968. We cant being liberty or democracy to another country, it must be earned by and with the blood of their patriots NOT ours. These wars aren't about democracy, freedom, or terrorism, there about International money funds and control over countries people and resources. Of course my opinion is mine alone and represents or means squat. I just want to get to a place where I am able to help a few guys, It wasn't easy for me, or those around me and still isn't., but through helping them I help myself as well. My best friend and the last guy I had left from my squad ate his gun three years ago, he fought it for decades and couldn't win that goes on every friggin day with thousands of men and women who have served our country. They deserve alot better than there getting, but I'm afraid that will never happen. These veterans from the mid east wars will be tenfold the problems of the Vietnam war veterans becasue of the sheer numbers that served and were saved by modern medicene and didn't die like they did in Veitnam. One close friend is 32 years old and is going back for his 5 tour of duty right when th emedia is telling us were pulling out, yeah right, what country are we going to send the next batch of our brave young men and women to die for nothing. The problem is that us little people can only see and know the short game, the big wigs are playing the long ball.

One big problem is, as always, the Army and its doctors lie alot. They want to save the Army money by screwing the lower ranks and Reservists. My medical records from Walter Reed were summarized by a doctor who wasn't there and didn't read the reports. The VA goes by the summary.

Good Luck with the counselling. It will make you lose sleep alot of nights, if you care. When my father got out after WWII he needed a sanity pause. He lived in a cabin by himself for two years. He worked a construction job by day but that was all that he could stand of people. He later worked for himself, building houses on spec. This allowed him to have limited contact with people and nobody told him what to do. He hired vets and lunch time sometimes became venting about the war. I got to hear some very interesting first hand accounts. The talks often put Dad in a better mood. In 1976, 31 years after he came home, he ate his '03. I think alot of guys kill themselves with booze and drugs too.

The venting and going camping seemed to help alot. Good Luck, Rick
  • OkieGt said thank you

#20 Wheel Horse Kid OFFLINE  

Wheel Horse Kid

Certified Wheel Horse Nut

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 10019
  • 213 Thanks
  • 817 posts

Posted August 13, 2013 - 07:51 AM

I am going to be in 12th grade this fall (I start 9/3). I do an online program at home so I guess you could say I am homeschooled! LOL! 11th grade was a struggle for me as I had alot of classes that I did NOT like at all (Geometry, Physics, Spanish). 12th grade should be a little easier as most of the classes are electives! :)

• LTD and OkieGt have said thanks

#21 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,428 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 13, 2013 - 10:21 AM

I am going to be in 12th grade this fall (I start 9/3). I do an online program at home so I guess you could say I am homeschooled! LOL! 11th grade was a struggle for me as I had alot of classes that I did NOT like at all (Geometry, Physics, Spanish). 12th grade should be a little easier as most of the classes are electives! :)

The struggle to gain knowledge is always worthwhile, learning and understanding more than you know now will bring great rewards in the future, so as a they say, you have to sow the seeds of hard work today to benefit from the harvest in the fall. In the past the way to enslave men was to keep them un educated and without knowledge, there is a lot of that going on now.

• boyscout862 and Wheel Horse Kid have said thanks