11 replies to this topic

#1 willy OFFLINE  

willy

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8423
  • 73 Thanks
  • 86 posts

Posted August 11, 2013 - 09:24 PM

I thought about seeing this movie , but i am not Fonda Jane (Least We Not Forget )

Willy

• Gtractor, boyscout862 and JRJ have said thanks

#2 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted August 11, 2013 - 09:37 PM

I wouldn't watch anything with Hanoi Jane in it unless it was her trial for treason.

• Gtractor, Texas Deere and Horse, hamman and 4 others have said thanks

#3 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted August 11, 2013 - 09:48 PM

You look at her father and his persona.  Then you think of Peter and Jane and you wonder if Henry was just an actor.   Oh wait.......Well he was, but I have never seen where he was left of center.  Those two certainly were.  I agree.  I don't forgive her after watching her Vietnam escapades.  If I saw her today, I'd cross the street.  I would also cross the street to shake her Father's hand if I could.

Edited by daytime dave, August 11, 2013 - 09:50 PM.

• hamman, boyscout862 and JRJ have said thanks

#4 willy OFFLINE  

willy

• Contributor
  • 73 Thanks
  • 86 posts

Posted August 11, 2013 - 10:40 PM

I am not a big Ray Gun fan ,but he did love this country . And if some bimbo want's me to put down my weapon this will never happen . If you see me in the news at a theater , I will be the one holding the protest sign .

• hamman, boyscout862 and JRJ have said thanks

#5 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 36782
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 11, 2013 - 10:58 PM

Hanoi Jane is going to play Nancy Reagan, boy America sure has forgotten alot of things.

• hamman, willy, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#6 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,629 Thanks
  • 2,583 posts

Posted August 12, 2013 - 11:52 AM

Would be way to political for me to post. Thank You Vietnam Veterans. I appreciate all that you did. NEVER FORGET, NEVER WILL. Roger.

• willy, twostep and OkieGt have said thanks

#7 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted August 12, 2013 - 01:52 PM

I have never forgot what Jane did. However I think she has mellowed with age, and has repeatedly expressed her regret for that.  Working in the movie industry has brought about the opportunity to meet many celebreties. Some are good people and some are jerks. A few of the favorites were Rita Moreno, Hulk Hogan,  Chuck Norris, Jon Voit and Clint Howard.

I won't bother listing the jerks!

When I met Peter Fonda, his association with Jane had me prepared to not like him. However he is a relatively humble regular guy and I liked him,

I will watch the Butler, mostly out of curiosity as I can't imagine her pulling off playing Nancy Regan.

• OkieGt said thank you

#8 willy OFFLINE  

willy

• Contributor
  • 73 Thanks
  • 86 posts

Posted August 12, 2013 - 08:19 PM

Her only regret is we will not forget . She has never apologies for her action to the Vets .

• hamman and OkieGt have said thanks

#9 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,629 Thanks
  • 2,583 posts

Posted August 12, 2013 - 08:47 PM

I agree Willy, just recently she said she wouldn't apologize.

#10 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 12, 2013 - 10:10 PM

I have never forgot what Jane did. However I think she has mellowed with age, and has repeatedly expressed her regret for that.  Working in the movie industry has brought about the opportunity to meet many celebreties. Some are good people and some are jerks. A few of the favorites were Rita Moreno, Hulk Hogan,  Chuck Norris, Jon Voit and Clint Howard.

I won't bother listing the jerks!

When I met Peter Fonda, his association with Jane had me prepared to not like him. However he is a relatively humble regular guy and I liked him,

I will watch the Butler, mostly out of curiosity as I can't imagine her pulling off playing Nancy Regan.

I have always admired Henry Fonda and would never judge him or anyone else for the actions of their relations. I understand she has mellowed, good for her, but that doesn't excuse the damage she did. Many, many protested the war and knew it was bad and wrong, but they didn't go over and help the enemey as she did. She was and is neither a help or an asset to this country, not in her actions then or her movies now, she abonadoned both who served and those that protested when she sold out her country. This is her cross to bear, but rest assure millions will never forget or forgive her. For many she is a traitor, is she the only traitor, nope there were many more that will never suffer the same indignation she has, but they will be judged as all should be, by God, not by me.

• hamman and twostep have said thanks

#11 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 12, 2013 - 10:15 PM

Her only regret is we will not forget . She has never apologies for her action to the Vets .

An admission and an apology would have been the right thing to do and I honestly think it would have been accepted, but her lack of taking responsibility for her actions means only one thing, she isn't sorry and she really is a traitor. Americans are more than wiling to forgive, if she wanted forgiveness she knows she could have had it, she doesn't believe she needs forgiven

• hamman and twostep have said thanks

#12 willy OFFLINE  

willy

• Contributor
  • 73 Thanks
  • 86 posts

Posted August 13, 2013 - 08:45 PM

Did you know she was 34 at the time , most of us could not vote . 80,000 political prisoners were re educated by firing squad . Yes some of our forefathers were traitors . There is no painting in a English museums of him standing on a gun ship dressed in a red coat . I do not mean to disrespect our pals across the pond . We owe them a apology for the Pres. hanging with Stalin . I do not hate her ,I hate when my knuckles hit metal (and I know it is going to happen) .    Thank you for letting me vent .      

P/S  I regret things to and I am mellow (*#&@***)

WILLY

• OkieGt said thank you