11 replies to this topic

#1 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 36782
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 11, 2013 - 08:16 PM

Crummy video, my camera got we, I'll take some still pictures, it's in great shape

a 1973 model, built in South Carolina, really rare, It has the Vckers Hydro, almost a cross between a Allis 416H and a Simplicity 3416H

http://s1197.photobu...html?sort=3&o=0

• JRJ said thank you

#2 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,625 Thanks
  • 2,577 posts

Posted August 11, 2013 - 08:44 PM

Nice looking Homelite OkieGt. I have three of them now. The original one I have is from my dad. We sold them back in the 70s. It is a great tractor and mowes and tills well. Did you buy this one? or is it one that is for sale? Sounds good. Thanks. Roger.

• OkieGt said thank you

#3 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 11, 2013 - 09:00 PM

Oh it's mine, and I dont buy anything to sell, not anymore. Did your family sell Homelites or Allis tractors?

• hamman said thank you

#4 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

• Contributor
  • 5,625 Thanks
  • 2,577 posts

Posted August 11, 2013 - 10:11 PM

We sold Homelite. Everything but the chain saws. Another SE shop in the area wanted those. Should make you a great tractor. I see that you even got the deflector with the deck. Those are like hen's teeth to find. I have the deck for all the ones I have but not  deflectors. I use Slick 50 in my old tractors, just to give me some peace of mind. Good Luck with it. Roger.

• OkieGt said thank you

#5 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 11, 2013 - 10:20 PM

We sold Homelite. Everything but the chain saws. Another SE shop in the area wanted those. Should make you a great tractor. I see that you even got the deflector with the deck. Those are like hen's teeth to find. I have the deck for all the ones I have but not  deflectors. I use Slick 50 in my old tractors, just to give me some peace of mind. Good Luck with it. Roger.

If you dont mind me asking, What was the name of your store, and where were Homelites generally sold?. I have 2 or 3 deflectors i bought off eBay, because the decks are the same on the Alis 410/414/416s and the Massey MF14/16 tractors

• JRJ said thank you

#6 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

• Contributor
  • 5,625 Thanks
  • 2,577 posts

Posted August 12, 2013 - 11:37 AM

Dad had a Heating and Airconditioning Business in Lake Orion, MI. It was called Bob's Heating. We advertised the Homelite brand as a side line. Homelites at that time were mostly Midwest with some in the east. I actually saw a T-16H on a California and Washington state craigslist. I used to have a (Dealer)  sales book from Homelite / Textron that listed all the US and Canada sales locations. I have misplaced it and wish I hadn't. I still have some things tucked away in the attic to go thru to see if I can find it.  I haven't been able to find a deflector. Roger.

Edited by hamman, August 12, 2013 - 11:42 AM.

• OkieGt said thank you

#7 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 12, 2013 - 03:29 PM

Dad had a Heating and Airconditioning Business in Lake Orion, MI. It was called Bob's Heating. We advertised the Homelite brand as a side line. Homelites at that time were mostly Midwest with some in the east. I actually saw a T-16H on a California and Washington state craigslist. I used to have a (Dealer)  sales book from Homelite / Textron that listed all the US and Canada sales locations. I have misplaced it and wish I hadn't. I still have some things tucked away in the attic to go thru to see if I can find it.  I haven't been able to find a deflector. Roger.

If I find a deflector, I'll let you know. Sure hope you find some of these books. I just remembered seeing the Homelite Jacobson tractors of the late 70s and that Textron actually built a silver or grey colored tractor similar to Jacobson. i'd love to see a picture of a Textron tractor

• hamman said thank you

#8 Talntedmrgreen ONLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 03:09 PM

Very nice!  The T-16H is on my list.  Great looking machines.  Just parted ways with a T13S, and brought home a CT-10 instead.  (I have a thing for the little ones, now).  I'm trying for SC built T-7 right now...

• OkieGt said thank you

#9 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 04:27 PM

Very nice!  The T-16H is on my list.  Great looking machines.  Just parted ways with a T13S, and brought home a CT-10 instead.  (I have a thing for the little ones, now).  I'm trying for SC built T-7 right now...

I guess you know the T-13 was built by Simplicity in Wisconsin and the The !972-1973 T series was built in South Carolina. The Allis products including the 416 and T series built in South Carolina got Port Washington labels, because,(your going to love this) if they were labeled South Carolina, they would have been more expensive to ship, Tell us Southerners the war aint over, your killin us, lol

• skunkhome said thank you

#10 Talntedmrgreen ONLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 09:59 PM

Yup...I love the styling of the Simplicity's, but am drawn to the unique design of the Allis built variety too.  Kinda why I want that elusive T-7  =]

My B-207 and Scamp 5 have been the only SC units I've owned.

(actually, I'm not sure the Scamp was a SC unit.  If I'm remembering correctly it was a late '73, by the serial #, and I thought the early ones were SC, but I could be wrong.  They changed mid year in some basic design and numbering)

Edited by Talntedmrgreen, August 21, 2013 - 10:01 PM.

• OkieGt said thank you

#11 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 10:12 PM

Yup...I love the styling of the Simplicity's, but am drawn to the unique design of the Allis built variety too.  Kinda why I want that elusive T-7  =]

My B-207 and Scamp 5 have been the only SC units I've owned.

(actually, I'm not sure the Scamp was a SC unit.  If I'm remembering correctly it was a late '73, by the serial #, and I thought the early ones were SC, but I could be wrong.  They changed mid year in some basic design and numbering)

late 73, should still be a SC tractor. I'm with you I really like the rare Allis tractors, mostly the 416s and even rarer 414. They made way fewer 414 in 1973, only year for the 400 because they made a commitment to Kohler ot buy a certain amount of the new 16hp engine, so many 414s ended up being 416s. I would also love to have a 314D hydro as well. i also want a Simplicity 3416 and a 3114. I really like the rarer tractors. I'll watch for a T-7 for you

#12 Talntedmrgreen ONLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted August 30, 2013 - 09:20 AM

Where do you think the T-16S fell in production volume, vs the hydro?  Typically, T-16's (Allis built) that I have seen for sale are H's, but there are a couple mentions of the Shuttle variety over on Simpletractors in the archives.  I do see the Simplicity built T-16H and T-13S from time to time, but again, that shuttle version seems scarcer than the hydro (or maybe more failed, and were junked?).  From looking at the brand variants Simplicity (or Allis) produced over the years, I've always thought that the Wards machines were more 'value' built (plain jane), while the Homlites were more of an upscale model, many times with the bell's and whistles.  Examples of neither brand are falling from trees anywhere...scarce.  I don't think I have run across a T-12 or T-10, locally, and the small frames are difficult to track down as well.  The one's I've found suffer from "seller thinks I'm made of gold" syndrome, or "I rusted through, long, long ago" disease.

What did the Allis built Homies have as optional equipment?  Lights, electric lift and electric PTO seem to be on most models I see.  The Simplicity models typically lack electric lift and did not offer an electric clutch.  Do the AC Homies hitch to any AC 3/400 attachments?  I've never had one of either type.