FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 610
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted November 23, 2010 - 04:38 PM

Well today my steering wheel caps from GTReproductions came in the mail. (The first ones shipped?? Maybe... Larry will chime in tell us.) :p

I am still waiting for the decal to come in, They have been able to source decals from MapleHunter for the caps, so the quality will be what we expect from them. I will update with more photos when I get the decal. It did not come with the caps because GTReproductions had not received them in yet. Both caps fit into my wheels without any changes and they are nice and tight. This was a surprise as my 12G wheel did not have a nice round hole due to old age and shrinkage.

I am very glad that this venture was able to get off the ground and from what I have seen, the hood trim rings look great too. They do sell the clear ones that match the original caps if you want to go that route. I think they will look great with the decals. I am almost wondering if I should of bought the clear ones. I did not like the way the stock ones looked with the decal inside, but if the decal finds outside on the clear ones, it would look perfect.
GTReproductions also sent me a pdf copy of the price sheet by e-mail, so for now I uploaded to my server in case anyone wants to see prices and options.

www.yankeetoys.org/lee/GTR.pdf
PS: There is a contact e-mail in the PDF attachment. I don't think they have a web-page up at this time.

And of course... I took photos~ :thumbs:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by FirefyterEmt, November 23, 2010 - 04:46 PM.

#2 DMF OFFLINE  

DMF

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1337
  • 10 Thanks
  • 285 posts

Posted November 24, 2010 - 02:34 PM

This was a surprise as my 12G wheel did not have a nice round hole due to old age and shrinkage.

There are a lot worse things than a steering wheel that could be affected by old age and shrinkage... :smilewink:

Looks good! I have their infor stored for when I get to that point on my resto/refurb.

#3 GTReproductions OFFLINE  

GTReproductions

• Contributor
  • Member No: 35
  • 3 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted November 24, 2010 - 09:30 PM

:wave:Yep! Those were the first finished caps shipped. :beerchug:Technically the first caps we sent were some clear one's along with the first bezels that we shipped out (to Canada:canada:) but they had some "issues". The clear is tricky to work with; air bubbles!!!:sensored: You won't see the clear caps listed on the price sheet until we get the bugs worked out. Our Canadian friend has been very patient with us through this learning curve.

We've got the bezel and the black caps procedures down pretty good. Tried red tinting our first bezel it came out pepto-bismal pink.:wtf: If your into pink we can get one of those for ya!! :anyone:Since you guys will be painting them anyway we decided to leave the bezels their natural tan color. We're going to have to switch to a white base material for the red caps.

Posted Image

We're working on a web site but with the holiday's it may take a bit. So in the mean time drop us an email. GTReproductions@gmail.com
Posted Image

#4 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted December 14, 2010 - 08:41 PM

I figured you guys might like to see the decals in place. I just got them in yesterday and it really sets it off.

Posted Image
  • Sawdust said thank you

#5 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted December 14, 2010 - 08:53 PM

That looks really good! Thanks for the follow-up post!

#6 Klopfenstein MF16 OFFLINE  

Klopfenstein MF16

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 512
  • 1 Thanks
  • 42 posts

Posted December 14, 2010 - 10:46 PM

These look great! I will be certain to drop you an email, I am restoring an MF16.
Thanks Again

#7 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted December 14, 2010 - 11:38 PM

looks very nice.

#8 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted December 14, 2010 - 11:45 PM

looks very nice.

#9 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted December 15, 2010 - 07:52 AM

Just a heads up... I do not make or have any ties with the company. I bought mine and just wanted to let you guys see what they look like. These had kinda fizzled out until GTReproductions bought the rights to the "company" and brought them to the marketplace. I had paid for one way back when and after a long time my money was sent back because the "creator" of these was not able to spend the time needed to produce them.

I know it seems like I push them a little more than a customer should, but seeing that they have brought not just wheel caps to us, but hood trim as well.... Who knows, maybe we will have new cowls that can be bought someday? I give them two thumbs up for the leap of faith to take parts like these to a rather limited market place for us. Plus, Larry is one of us tractor guys. :-)