• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,452 Thanks
  • 2,800 posts

Posted August 11, 2013 - 05:50 PM

Middle of last month I got the chance to buy a second tractor with a plow, blade, cultivator and most of a sulky. The tires were shot, the wrong engine was a K-91, and it was missing some various parts. The PO had cleaned it up and done a fair resto on the chassis, so decided to just build off of that. I had a correct engine, short the fuel tank, so that put it way ahead. I also had one set of 6x12 tires left, that were good enough to run. Made the correct clutch handle, added  the missing throttle cable and control head. Its now about 80% complete. I may redo the chassis later on as it has a lot of scratches in it, and look to have been paint with a brush.

Decided that I would do up the plow unit, so I could have an attachment to go with, at the show next weekend. I think the plow turned out pretty nice. Don't have any pictures of it all in the condition I bought it in, but heres what it looks like as of now.

Later on I will have some info on the sulky, which I also redid.

WH2 034.JPG

WH2 033.JPG

WH2 032.JPG

WH2 031.JPG

• earthgrinder, Gtractor, Alc and 5 others have said thanks

#2 CRFarnsworth ONLINE  

CRFarnsworth

• Contributor
  • Member No: 6275
  • 3,642 Thanks
  • 1,734 posts

Posted August 11, 2013 - 05:55 PM

Nice!   Looking forward to more pictures.  :thumbs:   Rick

#3 LilysDad OFFLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,646 Thanks
  • 7,675 posts

Posted August 11, 2013 - 07:02 PM

That looks pretty nice if you stand back here! What is the correct engine?

#4 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted August 11, 2013 - 07:56 PM

Looks very nice. Thanks for the photos.

#5 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted August 11, 2013 - 09:24 PM

Jeff, That is a very nice looking WalkaWay you got there. Thanks for sharing !!

#6 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,452 Thanks
  • 2,800 posts

Posted August 11, 2013 - 10:10 PM

you got 2 choices of engines for the tractors with 12" wheels, either a Clinton 700 series or a Briggs model 6. If you had a tractor with 16" wheels then you could have had a Clinton 1100, a Briggs model 8 or a Kolher K-90.  Tractors with 16" wheels seems to be the hardest to find, and you have to have the factory wheel to make an original looking tractor. These wheels had a pair of  tear dropped shaped holes in them. I m going to assume it was for hanging the weight from. Not a lot of Pond info out there and some of what is there, doesn't match what I'm finding with the tractors and parts.

some of the things I've learned about them so far: made from 48 to 56, up till 52 and maybe part of 53 they used a sliding engine as a clutch. After that they used a belt tightener system. All 12" tires models used a 2hp engine, via Clinton, Briggs or pioneer.  There were 4 models early on PT-20, PT-25, PT-30 and PT-35. The model number is the hp size of the engine. A later series was RS and the same numbers, with at least the last model having a hood and a reverser. Looks like you could only get drawn attachments before 1953, and then with the new clutch style you got to have mowers, and other belt operated items. Trying to get an exact year for one seems fairly hard, as they seemed to change things like the handle bars at  will as problems arose. My first one, has an engine dating Dec/52, with flat iron handles, welded to steel pipe at the top. This later one uses pipe for all the handle bars and a crossbar part made of an angle. I'm going to say it might be a 55 model. Without the original engine its very hard to know.

• Alc, Texas Deere and Horse, sacsr and 2 others have said thanks