• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ldj1002 OFFLINE  

ldj1002
  • Member No: 43683
  • 2 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted August 10, 2013 - 03:19 PM

I just found this group. I have ask the following question a few other places and no answer yet. Tractor is a 1632, I have the deck and the linkage that holds the deck on the tractor. I have the pulleys that tighten the deck belt. I don't have the bar that goes from 3 pt forward. I don't have the handle or linkage that is on left side that moves the pulluys to tighten the deck belts. I don't have the linkage that raises and lowers the deck. I found drawings for most of this but not good enough to try to make the parts. If anyone has these and would sell them I would like them. If anyony has a tractor with deck on it with all linkage and can get good photos of it I think I can make the parts. Measurements would also be nice.

• JRJ said thank you

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,807 Thanks
  • 7,547 posts

Posted August 10, 2013 - 05:13 PM

Welcome to GTT. You may find what you need in our manuals section. I do not know what kind of tractor you are talking about. Make, model, and pictures will help. Some of our sponsors have bone yards and may be able to help you if you give them and us enough information. Good Luck, Rick
  • ldj1002 said thank you

#3 ldj1002 OFFLINE  

ldj1002
  • 2 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted August 10, 2013 - 07:04 PM

Welcome to GTT. You may find what you need in our manuals section. I do not know what kind of tractor you are talking about. Make, model, and pictures will help. Some of our sponsors have bone yards and may be able to help you if you give them and us enough information. Good Luck, Rick

Sorry I didn't make myself clear. It is a Speedex model 1632. I can get photos tomorrow.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#4 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,807 Thanks
  • 7,547 posts

Posted August 10, 2013 - 07:12 PM

See if any of the manuals here can help. http://gardentractor...ory/63-speedex/

You can download three documents for free each day. Good Luck, Rick

Edited by boyscout862, August 10, 2013 - 07:13 PM.

#5 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted August 10, 2013 - 07:59 PM

You might contact member 

bluelinehiway

I know he has a 1632, but I don't know if he has a deck also or not.

• ldj1002 said thank you

#6 ldj1002 OFFLINE  

ldj1002
  • 2 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted August 10, 2013 - 08:17 PM

You might contact member 

bluelinehiway

I know he has a 1632, but I don't know if he has a deck also or not.

Thanks for the lead. I sent a PM

L.D.

#7 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,667 Thanks
  • 6,486 posts

Posted August 10, 2013 - 11:55 PM

I once had a 1632 with heavy front grill area, cast steel. Yours like that?  Think they also had standard metal or tin noses in early years. Mine was a 98, during a "comeback" for Speedex that didn't happen. Might have some pix of the deck belts and pulleys, not sure what and would have to look The deck lift was just a chain and really only lifted reear of deck if I recall???  The belt came down from engine to deck pulley and had one rigid mount pulley on frame and another that swiveled with a small arm and heavy spring to keep tension. When I first got it, the PO only had a loose belt with no idlers and it tightened it up when he lowered it into mow positin to run. Crude, but worked, just not height adjustable once he found the sweet spot he wanted for his length.

• ldj1002 said thank you

#8 ldj1002 OFFLINE  

ldj1002
  • 2 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted August 11, 2013 - 10:07 AM

I once had a 1632 with heavy front grill area, cast steel. Yours like that?  Think they also had standard metal or tin noses in early years. Mine was a 98, during a "comeback" for Speedex that didn't happen. Might have some pix of the deck belts and pulleys, not sure what and would have to look The deck lift was just a chain and really only lifted reear of deck if I recall???  The belt came down from engine to deck pulley and had one rigid mount pulley on frame and another that swiveled with a small arm and heavy spring to keep tension. When I first got it, the PO only had a loose belt with no idlers and it tightened it up when he lowered it into mow positin to run. Crude, but worked, just not height adjustable once he found the sweet spot he wanted for his length.

No, mine not like that, it has light grill. However if you can find photos they might be of use and would be appreciated.

L.D.

#9 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,667 Thanks
  • 6,486 posts

Posted August 11, 2013 - 01:11 PM

I'll see if I can find the files now. I can't seem to find pix of the mower drive I thought I had. These might show portions of the drive, maybe if they can blow-up somehow? The first batch, unpainted, show how it was when received. Only one pulley on frame. the last two pix of painted tractor show it when fixed. Idler in front is bolted solid to frame with V side of belt and rear is flat side of belt and long arm with heavy spring. It did work, crude as it is. Speedex stands for Crude Engineering I think. All there stuff is odd. It worked, but kept that 20hp twin grunting all the time mowing. I hate big decks! 

Attached Thumbnails

• 007.JPG
  • IM004132.JPG
  • IM004139.JPG
  • New Speedex Decals 2012-08-08 001.jpg
  • New Speedex Decals 2012-08-08 003.jpg
  • New Speedex Decals 2012-08-08 004.jpg

Edited by glgrumpy, August 11, 2013 - 01:16 PM.

#10 ldj1002 OFFLINE  

ldj1002
  • 2 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted August 11, 2013 - 02:22 PM

Got the photos, not like mine but with photos I'm getting I'll be able to fab something up if I can't get the exact setup.

Thanks

L.D.