#46 Bobo OFFLINE  

Bobo

• Contributor
  • Member No: 159
  • 8 Thanks
  • 99 posts

Posted February 28, 2011 - 11:31 AM

Hi 1250!

I ended up going to the Eaton site and downloading them. I agree that a crushed line would be the easiest fault but nothing comes easy on this unit. I have taken a good look, mind you at freezing temperatures! So the high pressure is on the return side? Whatever failed must have happened when I was throwing as it was working well till then. Probably also the most strain I had put on it compared to mowing. Yes, I have left Fram behind and moved over to WIX. The one on there now is rated for hydro according to the WIX site but this is a different model number than is recommended widely. Good think about the snow as it shows the fluid dump quickly, if it was summer I would not know till it stopped moving. Thanks for all the info. I will let you know how it goes!

Cheers!

#47 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,304 Thanks
  • 2,336 posts

Posted February 28, 2011 - 07:14 PM

If there is a blockage in the return line or in the filter Manifold the pressure will be VERY high in the filter.
I would take the line and manifold off and have a look at it.

The pump sounds like it's making good pressure.

If you take the seat pan/rear fenders off you can get to everything very easily.

#48 Bobo OFFLINE  

Bobo

• Contributor
  • 8 Thanks
  • 99 posts

Posted March 02, 2011 - 03:26 PM

That is the first thing I will do when the weather breaks and I get ants in my pants. I really appreciate the guidance.

Cheers!

#49 Bobo OFFLINE  

Bobo

• Contributor
  • 8 Thanks
  • 99 posts

Posted April 27, 2011 - 12:40 PM

Hi Everybody!
The great white north is starting to warm up so I will be able to get back to this very messy problem. I will pull the manifold and see if I can find something. All the lines look great. Fido 3 needs axle seals so that will be done too.
Cheers!

#50 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted April 28, 2011 - 07:10 AM

Keep us posted

#51 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,076 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted April 28, 2011 - 07:38 AM

Its sure nice that the weather has finally gotten warmer and we can start doing [working] on stuff outside.Hopefully it'll dry up soon and the mosquitos won't be to bothersome.Ane by all means let us know what you find out.Larry

#52 Bobo OFFLINE  

Bobo

• Contributor
  • 8 Thanks
  • 99 posts

Posted May 04, 2011 - 12:38 PM

Here is the latest....

I pulled the manifold and it was clean. I checked the lines from the manifold and one blows clear easily, the other has some pressure so that must be the pump side. (that stuff tastes awful). I have no kinked lines. All you memebers are smart guys so could it be the hydro control lever? With all the lines travelling to it, is it possible it is the culprit? I am running out of ideas and I dont really want to go through another filter and a bucket of fluid. Taking the pump apart is beyond my qualifications as a weekend hack!

Bob

#53 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 2,304 Thanks
  • 2,336 posts

Posted May 06, 2011 - 11:23 PM

Hmmmm just looked at the QT16 manual again.
It looks like the return line from the Control Valve on the dash goes directly into the Filter manifold.

I guess if the pressure is set to high on the valve it could do that to the filter.
The adjuster could of backed it's self out or someone may have turned it a bit to far.

Attached Thumbnails

• BolensQT16HydControlValve01.jpg

• Bolens 1000 said thank you

#54 Bobo OFFLINE  

Bobo

• Contributor
  • 8 Thanks
  • 99 posts

Posted May 09, 2011 - 10:27 AM

Hi Eric!
Thanks for the interest. I spent several hours on it over the weekend (and my other two as well). I removed every line and the controller. The line that was suspicious I had made but it was too big so I will have to try again. I cleanned the controller and also checked the relief valve. All seems OK. I cant see how that adjsument would adjust the pressure. I dont beleive there is any fluid action that low. I thought it just kept pressure on the piston to keep it in place but lets revisit that. I have not been able to find any mention in any of the manuals I have regarding pressure adjustment. The unit runs fine and operates fine till the pressure blows. It is a head scratcher and I will take all the advice I can get. Please look at my thread on Axle Seals as that one is gone sideways too. I cant get the woodruff keys out of the axle. They are not rusted or coroded...the assembly looks like new but man, they are in their like it was made one piece!

Many thanks!

#55 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 2,304 Thanks
  • 2,336 posts

Posted May 09, 2011 - 12:24 PM

Is there a Hydro Relief valve on the QTs?

If the pressure is to high they are supposed to open and bleed off the extra pressure.

I would take Charge pump relief valve and the Implement relief valves apart and give them a good cleaning and check for worn,broken or Stuck parts.

Here's where they are located on the Transaxle.

It sounds like one of the Poppet valves are stuck.

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled.jpg

Edited by EricFromPa, May 09, 2011 - 09:36 PM.

#56 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 3,870 posts

Posted May 09, 2011 - 01:00 PM

I was reviewing this thread and baffled how the filter could blow when it is on the suction side of the Charge pump.
Could it be possible that we are building pressure in the reservoir due to a plugged case vent?

#57 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 2,304 Thanks
  • 2,336 posts

Posted May 09, 2011 - 09:44 PM

I was reviewing this thread and baffled how the filter could blow when it is on the suction side of the Charge pump.
Could it be possible that we are building pressure in the reservoir due to a plugged case vent?

The Dipstick would blow out if it was building pressure in the transaxle.
The transaxle is the Reservoir.

It has to be a relief valve or some sort of blockage in the system.

I don't see a Breather on the QT16 tranny,just a dip stick.

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled.jpg
  • Untitled123.jpg

#58 Bobo OFFLINE  

Bobo

• Contributor
  • 8 Thanks
  • 99 posts

Posted May 10, 2011 - 08:48 AM

Update:
Put it all back together last night. All lines good. Contoller cleaned. Took about 5 minutes to distort the shape of the filter. : ( I put another filter on but one with a bypass valve. Unfortunately it is a different shape so cant really tell what is going on but probably will blow the gasket out of the side of the filter. I will try to get to the valves without taking the rear end out. I have Fido two apart as well so it is getting messy. Thanks for all the great info Eric. It is raining again so tonight is the night.

Thanks so much!

#59 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,459 Thanks
  • 6,628 posts

Posted May 10, 2011 - 01:13 PM

Could there be any chance that this allen plug was screwed in ? Might have been weeping around the threads and tighten by mistake to keep it from leaking ?eaton .jpg

#60 Bobo OFFLINE  

Bobo

• Contributor
  • 8 Thanks
  • 99 posts

Posted May 10, 2011 - 01:19 PM

Is the Eaton on the 16 same as the 17? If I pull plug 56 and 39, do i need to drain fluid? Is there a lot of tension on the spring? It is also hard to see exactly where it is in the pic. I will check it out tonight.

Thank-you!