After mounting headlights on the R/T tractor, I decided to make up a set for the Shaw tractor as well.
Here is what the front of the Shaw tractor looks like now.
Rummaging thru my junk I came across an old pair of lights with home made brackets that would be just the right vintage to go with the Shaw tractor.
These were fog lights on a 1946 Plymouth that I had back in the late 60's.
The outside ring on one of them was cracked so I welded it up.
Here is how it looks with the weld ground down.
The home made mounting brackets are bent up so I need to straighten them in the press.
The end is clamped in the vice so I can hammer the top of the bracket over to the correct angle.
With that done on both brackets, I realized that one bracket sets higher and is longer than the other bracket.
The top bend on the longer bracket is flattened out on the press.
The top of the bracket is re-bent so now the two brackets are the same height.
The hole in the modified bracket is welded up.
Then it is ground down smooth.
The longer end is cut off the modified bracket and a new mounting hole is drilled into it.
The mounting stud on the headlights is 5/16 and the holes in the brackets were 1/2 inch.
The new drilled hole is 5/16 and I made up a bushing to reduce the hole down to size in the other bracket.
All the parts are sandblasted, primed and painted.
I found an old pull out light switch that looks like it is right out of the 30's or 40's to use on the tractor.