27 replies to this topic

#16 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted August 08, 2013 - 10:56 AM

Cherish the time with that little one. If I have one regret in life it is having spent too much time when my children and grandchildren were small trying to make a living. And have missed so much.

That makes the time I am now spending with my great Grandaughter(3 months) even more special.

#17 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,699 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted August 08, 2013 - 11:31 AM

My baby boy turns 15 in a few days. Wasnt it just a few months ago he learned to walk?

Hang on tight, this ride get much faster from here.

So true!  It was just yesterday I was helping our granddaughter walk and dance.  Yesterday she started her senior year in high school.  Enjoy it while you can because it will be gone before you know it.

#18 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,737 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted August 08, 2013 - 12:29 PM

Seems like yesterday that Heath took his first steps. Now he is climbing up on everything and getting into stuff all over. A while back we looked for 2 days for my wallet. I knew I had put it on my desk. We found it in his diaper bag. I guess he was going shopping.

#19 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,847 Thanks
  • 3,191 posts

Posted August 09, 2013 - 12:33 AM

You realise, of course, that he will never be better behaved than he is right now   lol.  And no matter where you set him down, he won't be where you left him when you turn around!  Parenting a toddler is such fun---- now is the perfect time to start a weight-loss program because you're in for a bit of running catch-up. But it'll be a lot of fun, and our lives are always richer because of the little ones.  Enjoy.

#20 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted August 09, 2013 - 11:00 AM

All righty then!!! Time to get him his first SnapOn tool set!

Due to no longer being away from home for work i seem to have a spare set of tools. He has a really good set of old craftsmen tools. screw drivers and all.. even has his own tool box already... 

Hide the tractor keys......!

His tractor has no keys.. but it does get locked up in the shed. I always make sure to remove keys due to friends kids climbing on my gt's...

Better keep an eye on the truck keys!!

He'll be running about kicking your butt soon!!

I need to start working on his truck.. then maybe i will have it done in 14 years..

Congratulations!

You can't wait until they walk, then you wonder what they are into!

better for him to walk then me to always carry him...

Congrats G, and little G. :smilewink:

Thanks buddy..

So true.

Congrats Gerald and the little one on the first steps. He will be driving tractors before you know it.

He can mow the lawn for me  :smilewink:

Congratulations on that milestone.  It's nice when they can do something for themselves.

yes sir... i can't wait till he can say.. Hungry.. or  "poop" kinda like WHFan does to his wife  :D

Cherish the time with that little one. If I have one regret in life it is having spent too much time when my children and grandchildren were small trying to make a living. And have missed so much.

That makes the time I am now spending with my great Grandaughter(3 months) even more special.

Due to health reasons i am a stay at home dad.. My boy will be welding and wood working by the time he is five..

You realise, of course, that he will never be better behaved than he is right now   lol.  And no matter where you set him down, he won't be where you left him when you turn around!  Parenting a toddler is such fun---- now is the perfect time to start a weight-loss program because you're in for a bit of running catch-up. But it'll be a lot of fun, and our lives are always richer because of the little ones.  Enjoy.

I have a couple dogs that will keep him in the yard..  My dogs love him.. they let him sit on them and cuddle up and nap with them.. 

• hamman, LilysDad and WNYTractorTinkerer have said thanks

#21 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,627 Thanks
  • 2,580 posts

Posted August 09, 2013 - 11:31 AM

I remember the first time our son (now 21, 6' 2" and 255#) was able to sit on my lap and ride while we mowed. He would cry and cry when we finished. I would have to sit him on the seat and let him pretend to drive for a bit for him to stop crying. First time I let him mow by himself he hit a tree. Was so afraid I was going to scold him. I told him just to remember " trees don't move". They grow so fast and all we have are memories. Make as many memories as you can they will last a lifetime, for you and for him. Roger

#22 John@Reliable OFFLINE  

John@Reliable

Procrastinators unite tomorrow

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 36
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,416 posts

Posted August 09, 2013 - 11:51 AM

. He took three steps plopped down on his butt and got back up and took eight more....    :beer:

Just like dad, :D :bigrofl:

P.S. enjoy it all now, like others have said, it goes by quick!

#23 Robert Webb OFFLINE  

Robert Webb

• Member No: 6780
  • 878 Thanks
  • 419 posts

Posted August 09, 2013 - 12:58 PM

I have a couple dogs that will keep him in the yard..  My dogs love him.. they let him sit on them and cuddle up and nap with them.. 

My sister in law got my niece and nephews a Border Collie as a pet.  Andrew has just turned 3 and the Border Collie keeps him herded up in the back yard when he is out side.  If he tries to wander away from where he is supposed to , she will get him between her and where he is supposed to be and gently nudges him back that way.

• MH81 said thank you

#24 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5899
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted August 09, 2013 - 07:27 PM

Gimme three steps, just gimme three steps and you never see me no more.......for sure.

I just couldn't help myself. LOL
  • willy said thank you

#25 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,531 Thanks
  • 3,919 posts

Posted August 09, 2013 - 08:01 PM

It happens so quick! One day your giving him a bottle and it seems like a week goes by and he runs past you. My son always enjoyed riding along to mow. But now he is to big to sit on Dad and to small to mow by himself. He does get to drive it back to the shed by himself now, that gives a mile wide grin when he drives himself. Have fun with him now, 

#26 Short_Circuit OFFLINE  

Short_Circuit
  • Member No: 35188
  • 72 Thanks
  • 67 posts

Posted August 09, 2013 - 08:56 PM

I'll say what every parent does,man they sure grow up fast! Sure doesn't seem like it's been that long ago you were announcing his arrival!

You are sooo right!!

I regret being on the road traveling for work and missing my now 14 year old grow up. She is great kid.  Now by the grace of God, I have been given another chance after being told we would never be able to have any more children and I am taking it all in!!

• JD DANNELS, UncleWillie and pigsitter have said thanks

#27 JimD OFFLINE  

JimD

• Member No: 385
  • 680 Thanks
  • 482 posts

Posted August 09, 2013 - 10:21 PM

"yes sir... i can't wait till he can say.. Hungry.. or  "poop" kinda like WHFan does to his wife"

Yea, after 34 years that second part still pushes her "WTF" button. :bigrofl:

#28 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted August 10, 2013 - 12:21 AM

Just like dad, :D :bigrofl:

P.S. enjoy it all now, like others have said, it goes by quick!

Hey.. who told.. dang it WHFan.. you said you wouldn't tell.... 

"yes sir... i can't wait till he can say.. Hungry.. or  "poop" kinda like WHFan does to his wife"

Yea, after 34 years that second part still pushes her "WTF" button. :bigrofl:

I think its your pictures that push her over the edge...  :(