Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

This Is Not Political.. Do Not Post Political Stuff In Here..

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#31 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • Member No: 9515
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted August 08, 2013 - 07:55 PM

I've been to Kentucky :bigrofl:

That is funny as hell !!

Add West Virginia to it and it would funnier.

Poor Daniel, gets lumped in to all in that state.

Turtle Man

Back yard oil bozos

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.

Don't worry Daniel, we all know your a "normal" guy. : )

#32 wilberj OFFLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,206 Thanks
  • 5,216 posts

Posted August 08, 2013 - 09:10 PM

Dad and I was comeing back from wisconsin with the prototype 1886 and we pulled off to get gas....

Let just say we will never pull off that exit ever again.... Not a very good looking town in the day light! I was the one to go in to pay the guy behing the 1'' thick glass window for the gas. Also the two guys behind me in line did not speak english and the door into the place glass was all taped up were some one tryed to bust in.

#33 916 hydro OFFLINE  

916 hydro
  • Member No: 10159
  • 114 Thanks
  • 139 posts

Posted August 09, 2013 - 07:19 AM

I'm a bred, born, raised Ohioan so just had to slip the Ky comment in there.....all just in jest. :D

Seriously though, my Tahoe broke down on me in Over the Rhine Cincy after dark.....that is seriously a scary place to be, especially a middle aged white boy with a Redneck style SUV....and the truth is not profiling!

We have a guy at church that regularly travels to Cairo Egypt for work, we've had many prayers requests come through that there were bombings just a few blocks from his hotel and rebels overtaking area. That would be really scary situation to be in.

The Ex's pics of N.K. would be neat to see.  She would have to be a little crazy to go there!

I stopped and got a case of beer at the krogers on vine in OTR . scary situation

#34 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,612 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted August 09, 2013 - 01:15 PM

That is funny as hell !!

Add West Virginia to it and it would funnier.

Poor Daniel, gets lumped in to all in that state.

Turtle Man

Back yard oil bozos

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.

Don't worry Daniel, we all know your a "normal" guy. : )

Yeah, and all those you mentioned are just 40 minutes from me, and I go to both areas often.  I'm not like them (not too much anyway), but give me oil and/or a TV show, and no telling how I'll act when paid to!   Barry, my guy at the livestock yard where I sell my cull cows....he grew up with Ernie Brown (turtle man), and he says what you see on TV is Ernie, flat out just how he truly is.  Ernie ran with Barry & their circle, and Ernie was the only one who didn't drink.  Ernie would get all the rest home safe when the party was over.

#35 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,434 posts

Posted August 09, 2013 - 01:42 PM

i have a few from when i was growing up. my parents/grandpa went to Myrtle Beach when ok city bombing took place. once again going to Myrtle when the terrorist were shooting random people out of the trunk of their car. before both of those went to Niagara falls Canada side and something was going down in the streets after we were in for the night lucky we were in for the night. A few yrs ago my folks went to NYC dad had to go for work they had to take a detour on their way back to the hotel cause there was a gang shooting going on for 3 blocks the hotel was on the middle block they had to use the back entrance then went straight to their room didnt leave till the morning.

#36 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,624 Thanks
  • 7,665 posts

Posted August 09, 2013 - 04:33 PM

You might wanna give us a heads up whenever your dad puts his coat on! Not implying anything, just sayin'.

#37 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5899
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted August 09, 2013 - 06:28 PM

Well the only places I've been that were scary, would have to be Egypt twice. I was there with the Military, for the most part it was safe, but you never know when somebody wants to attack an American.

And the other place would be East Berlin, during the Cold War. There was something about seeing uniformed Russian Officers walking down the street. You just saluted and tried to be nice. I did get a chance to "shop" in the Russian PX and Commissary.

I only made a couple of trips to the "East", but every time the hair on the back of my neck would stand on end. It was if somebody was watching you all the time.

#38 916 hydro OFFLINE  

916 hydro
  • Member No: 10159
  • 114 Thanks
  • 139 posts

Posted August 10, 2013 - 06:35 AM

Well the only places I've been that were scary, would have to be Egypt twice. I was there with the Military, for the most part it was safe, but you never know when somebody wants to attack an American.

And the other place would be East Berlin, during the Cold War. There was something about seeing uniformed Russian Officers walking down the street. You just saluted and tried to be nice. I did get a chance to "shop" in the Russian PX and Commissary.

I only made a couple of trips to the "East", but every time the hair on the back of my neck would stand on end. It was if somebody was watching you all the time.

my grandpa said he was in morocco during Korea he said they would spit on you as you walked down the streets 

#39 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,624 Thanks
  • 7,665 posts

Posted August 10, 2013 - 06:45 AM

Which is worse, Kentucky or East Tennessee?

#40 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5899
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted August 10, 2013 - 09:05 AM

I still remember the day I landed in Berlin, I was a young 18 year old kid from Kansas, and the German Police were patrolling the Airport with sub machine guns. I thought what in the heck did I get myself into.

On my first trip to the East, I was standing on Karl Marx street, and a group of grade school aged East German kids started to gather around. They were probably 150 feet from where we were standing, they had their Communist Minders with them, so they didn't get to close. We had a black E6 in the group, Americans were not a common sight in the East, and Black Americans were even more rare.

Well ol' Sarge had been around a while and wasn't no dummy. He had brought a pocket full of hard candy with him. He walked over to the group of kids and started passing it out. These little kids just lit up, they had been told how bad and evil Americans are, well Sarge proved that idea wrong. After just a little bit the Minders made the leave, kind of like the scene in Starwars, "move along, there's nothing to see here".

I'll never that event as long as I live!

#41 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted August 10, 2013 - 09:58 AM

Chicago is... 

• Amigatec said thank you

#42 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,612 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted August 10, 2013 - 10:32 AM

All depends on which road you pick to drive down!  If you start hearing dueling banjo playing.....HIT REVERSE!  

#43 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted August 10, 2013 - 11:46 AM

If you start hearing dueling banjo playing....  

Just means i'm close to family...  :D

#44 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,612 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted August 10, 2013 - 11:50 AM

Just means i'm close to family...  :D

:bigrofl:  :bigrofl:  :bigrofl: 

#45 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted August 10, 2013 - 11:57 AM

Banjo's were played at our wedding..   :D  You should have seen the looks we got in Vegas with that...

• Amigatec said thank you