Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

This Is Not Political.. Do Not Post Political Stuff In Here..

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#16 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,491 Thanks
  • 4,948 posts

Posted August 07, 2013 - 11:42 AM

I'm a bred, born, raised Ohioan so just had to slip the Ky comment in there.....all just in jest. :D

Seriously though, my Tahoe broke down on me in Over the Rhine Cincy after dark.....that is seriously a scary place to be, especially a middle aged white boy with a Redneck style SUV....and the truth is not profiling!

We have a guy at church that regularly travels to Cairo Egypt for work, we've had many prayers requests come through that there were bombings just a few blocks from his hotel and rebels overtaking area. That would be really scary situation to be in.

The Ex's pics of N.K. would be neat to see.  She would have to be a little crazy to go there!

• OkieGt said thank you

#17 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,655 Thanks
  • 7,680 posts

Posted August 07, 2013 - 11:55 AM

In '69, I was on liberty in Kowshung, Taiwan. We had been warned to stay out of the bad areas. At this time Taiwan wasn't yet as affluent as it is today. So, I just walked around seeing the sights, minding my own business, too early to get drunk. :D  After awhile I noticed that the houses were getting shabby and smaller. Then they turned into 6x6 boxes of scrap wood. Then everyone got reeeal friendly. I went on and shortly came to a sign warning to stay out and a Shore Patrol came up and said I shouldn't go in there!

No harm, but I've never forgotten how the other side has to live.

• oldedeeres said thank you

#18 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted August 07, 2013 - 12:05 PM

I'm a bred, born, raised Ohioan so just had to slip the Ky comment in there.....all just in jest. :D

Hey, no worries with me....I can handle a ribbing just fine!  :thumbs:

• TAHOE said thank you

#19 Username OFFLINE  

Username

• Member No: 2568
  • 2,065 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted August 07, 2013 - 12:31 PM

I was in Juarez Mexico about 5 years ago.I don't even think I would go near the border now.

#20 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted August 07, 2013 - 12:53 PM

In '69, I was on liberty in Kowshung, Taiwan. We had been warned to stay out of the bad areas. At this time Taiwan wasn't yet as affluent as it is today. So, I just walked around seeing the sights, minding my own business, too early to get drunk. :D  After awhile I noticed that the houses were getting shabby and smaller. Then they turned into 6x6 boxes of scrap wood. Then everyone got reeeal friendly. I went on and shortly came to a sign warning to stay out and a Shore Patrol came up and said I shouldn't go in there!

No harm, but I've never forgotten how the other side has to live.

I've had a few of those experiences, but usually we had, had a few drinks and it was dark.  Thankfully the Shore patrol was usually in the area and would give us a ride back to fleet landing.

One time we were in Barcelona Spain and there were a group of Germans who came up to me and asked if I would take them aboard the ship to take a tour.  I was a bit hesitant because all the terrorist stuff had just started and I really didn't know these people.  As it turned out I had the best time with them.  I took them on the tour and even showed them some area that they would not have seen on the aviations side.  We all then went to dinner and partied to 1 or 2 AM. Then they drove me back to fleet landing and stayed with me until I was on the launch headed back to the ship.  I never spent one dime that night but I have a great memory that will be with me all my life.

• LilysDad and oldedeeres have said thanks

#21 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted August 07, 2013 - 04:59 PM

I went out of the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia one time and came right back.  I shouldn't have ever left. 

Ben W.

#22 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted August 07, 2013 - 07:07 PM

Churchill, Manitoba.  --- Polar Bear Capital of the World

We spent 3 days/3 nights there, but it was only a tease.  ....Would love to go back for a longer stay, but too expensive!

My wife and i want to go there.. but for different reasons.. lol 

#23 pharmer OFFLINE  

pharmer

• Member No: 4250
  • 686 Thanks
  • 677 posts

Posted August 07, 2013 - 07:08 PM

I also went to Kentucky. One night at the hotel bar someone asked where I was from because they all talked funny and I didn't. When I said Connecticut one guy asked where that was and another said "We'll, I guess ya gotta be from somewhere! " Duh! Needless to say I finished my beer and left. I was in Louisville if that makes any difference.

#24 Short_Circuit OFFLINE  

Short_Circuit
  • Member No: 35188
  • 72 Thanks
  • 67 posts

Posted August 07, 2013 - 08:36 PM

I was working in Simi Valley and got talked into going to HOLLYWIERD. Hollywood is a strange place for a Tennessee boy. I did get to go to Hooters! Nothing special there....we grow 'em bigger in TN...but they did love my "southern accent (spit)"  :D  I got to see the Walk of shame I mean Fame...

#25 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 9,655 Thanks
  • 7,680 posts

Posted August 07, 2013 - 08:41 PM

That sounds like the  '60s when I was driving through NW Texas and stopped at a roadhouse to relieve myself and buy cigs. Did I mention I had long hair?  Someone holler'd out "Are ya'all hitchhikin? We don' 'low no hitchhikers in heare!" Doers this count as dangerous???

#26 pharmer OFFLINE  

pharmer

• 686 Thanks
  • 677 posts

Posted August 07, 2013 - 08:43 PM

Sounds like "Live Action" yee yee yee yee yee yee

#27 pharmer OFFLINE  

pharmer

• 686 Thanks
  • 677 posts

Posted August 07, 2013 - 08:45 PM

That sounds like the  '60s when I was driving through NW Texas and stopped at a roadhouse to relieve myself and buy cigs. Did I mention I had long hair?  Someone holler'd out "Are ya'all hitchhikin? We don' 'low no hitchhikers in heare!" Doers this count as dangerous???

Is that you Charlie Daniels?
  • Gtractor said thank you

#28 pigsitter OFFLINE  

pigsitter

enjoyin the livin part of life!

• Member No: 10704
  • 1,227 Thanks
  • 1,083 posts

Posted August 08, 2013 - 06:19 AM

Me and a friend got lost on the wrong side of Chicago one time,wrong enough that several locals actually took the time to walk out into the street to yell at us for driving thru their hood!! Lets just say my buddy never came to a complete stop even at the red lights due to threat of violence if he did.The violence threat came from me as I threatened to start swinging if he started stopping!! :rolling:  That was around 1980 and I've never had a desire to go near Chicago again.

#29 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 9,655 Thanks
  • 7,680 posts

Posted August 08, 2013 - 06:37 AM

Your lucky you didn't get shot in gang crossfire. (Is it possible to drive by a drive by shooting?)

#30 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,303 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts

Posted August 08, 2013 - 06:52 AM

Is that you Charlie Daniels?