#1 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,073 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted November 21, 2010 - 11:58 AM

This site is all about GT's and all the things we do with them.Lots of them are worn out and rusted out and many are restored and brought back to excelent working condition, and shape.Now if only we were able to have a site dedicated to all us old guys who are in sad shape ,worn out/rusted/bad body parts.It sure would be nice to beable to get restored ,and have all the worn out parts fixed back to younger and more vibrant flexable times.Yeah I'am just ranting/venting about aches and pains.My mind wants to be busy doing stuff by the rest of me tells me to take it easy.Sure can't do what I used to thats for sure.I know if it wasn't for the aches/pains I'd be busy out in the shop maybe way more then in the house.Winter weather/cold plus low and high pressure systems sure take a toll on me.I have lots of winter projects that I could do but ????.Even with heat in the shop I can turn it right up to where I'd have to work in shorts but thats not the problem.Just too sore to even enjoy myself out there.Oh well its a yearly thing and the good part is it comes and goes so still enjoy doing thing out there when I'am able to. Like I said just venting hate being having to sit and take things easy espicially when My mind wants to be out there.:(Larry

#2 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,395 posts

Posted November 21, 2010 - 06:11 PM

Don't feel all alone! I can still do most of anything I want, just not as much of it! And Winter doesn't help much either. :( I just look at it this way: at least I'm still kicking, not as high or as fast, but still kickin'! ~~ grnspot110

#3 dryrun OFFLINE  

dryrun

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1559
  • 56 Thanks
  • 342 posts

Posted November 22, 2010 - 12:19 AM

Don't feel all alone! I can still do most of anything I want, just not as much of it! And Winter doesn't help much either. :( I just look at it this way: at least I'm still kicking, not as high or as fast, but still kickin'! ~~ grnspot110

Yeah guys, gettin older sure does suck. Have to resign myself to doing a lot less. Been getting rid of some projects that I came to realize I would never get to. But, one thing to think about, while you are in out of the cold and by the computer, you can go to the site and pass on information that you have accumalated over your many years. If we do not make an effort to pass this info, it is going to be lost. Oh, they can always say this info is in a data base somewhere, but the younger people have to work so hard, and spend most of their time earning a living, they need all the help they can get. I have always found that an older, cooler head advising a younger mech cannot hurt. So, bundle up, take your nyquil and and, as one guy once said, We shall endeavor to perservere.

Best regards, GEORGE

#4 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted November 22, 2010 - 05:40 AM

Yes Larry,I guess I'd have to agree with about everything your saying.

#5 mastifflawyer OFFLINE  

mastifflawyer

Tractorholic

• Member No: 261
  • 43 Thanks
  • 162 posts

Posted November 22, 2010 - 07:07 AM

Well guys I am afraid that if you start thinking you are too old to do things pretty soon you will convince yourself that it is true. My good friend Clifford is 86. He takes care of his farm everyday which includes several teams of Draft Horses. He rebuilds farm machinery and sells it. When I was hand digging the trench for my gas line last week Clifford was right there digging along side of me. He never stopped. He just took his time and never quit. When I was catching the lambs he was in there helping. A couple took him for quite a ride and we had a good laugh, but that didn't stop him. He has the best attitude about age. He says that you just have to work at a slower pace, and wear lots more clothes.

So get out there and do things. We may not be flying fighter jets any longer, but we can tool around the yard on our tractors and pretend.

#6 WQDL753 OFFLINE  

WQDL753

Bolensholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1407
  • 59 Thanks
  • 301 posts

Posted November 24, 2010 - 01:18 AM

Yeah guys, gettin older sure does suck. Have to resign myself to doing a lot less. Been getting rid of some projects that I came to realize I would never get to. But, one thing to think about, while you are in out of the cold and by the computer, you can go to the site and pass on information that you have accumalated over your many years. If we do not make an effort to pass this info, it is going to be lost. Oh, they can always say this info is in a data base somewhere, but the younger people have to work so hard, and spend most of their time earning a living, they need all the help they can get. I have always found that an older, cooler head advising a younger mech cannot hurt. So, bundle up, take your nyquil and and, as one guy once said, We shall endeavor to perservere.

Best regards, GEORGE

Experiance is not in a book, or some database anywhere. If it's not passed on it will be lost. If you don't believe me just ask.