Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Welcome to Garden Tractor Talk Forums

GTtalk is the place to go if you are a garden tractor collector or someone looking for information on your favorite tractor. We have interactive forums, registry, tractor / implement manuals, photo galleries, articles, show coverage, tech tips, how tos, classifieds and much more.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which provides limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate with other members, vote on polls, upload images and attachments as well as many other special features. Registration is quick and easy and best of all completely free!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Photo
- - - - -

Cub Cadet Rzt50 Transmission

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

The Impossible Task!!!!!!

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 5,989 Thanks
  • 6,791 posts

Posted August 06, 2013 - 12:49 PM

I'm working on CC RZT50 Model # 17A12ACP036.  The LH transmission doesn't put out as much power at the RH so I figure it is the pump.  The Transmission is a Hydrogear ZC-DMBB-4DDC-2RPX.  I have a parts breakdown on this transmission but no technical data.

My question is has anyone rebuilt one of these and what problems did you run into?  Thanks.

• JRJ said thank you

#2 diesel nut OFFLINE  

diesel nut

• Member No: 7572
  • 206 Thanks
  • 162 posts

Posted August 06, 2013 - 04:00 PM

You can try adjusting the linkage on it to see if it works better, but whenever we had one at work come in with issues cub cadets answer was always to just replace the whole unit.  Even if it was just a broken external spring that woulds take less than a minute to replace.      Stewart

• HDWildBill said thank you

#3 travelguy0926 OFFLINE  

travelguy0926
  • Member No: 43336
  • 1 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted August 08, 2013 - 02:19 PM

I have the same mower and very similar transmission problem. My LH engine had been getting sluggish and last week it had barely any forward motion. All while making a groaning noise. I have been looking into tearing it apart as opposed to just replacing for about $500. I have found the repair manual and parts breakdown. There doesn't appear to be much in the way of specs other than for the 5pump engine block but for about $55 I would just replace that anyway if I had it apart.

Has yours been making less than ideal noise as it has been getting slower? Have you had any experience in this type of tranny work? I was going to try to break down the tranny and if I cant fix just replace.

Brad

Attached File  ezt-(zt-2100-2200).pdf   7.96MB   65 downloads

• HDWildBill said thank you

#4 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

The Impossible Task!!!!!!

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 5,989 Thanks
  • 6,791 posts

Posted August 08, 2013 - 04:39 PM

Hi Brad, First off let me  Welcome you to GTtalk. 

Yes you can tell the difference between the RH & LH pumps, the right being the strongest.  Right now there is a leak on the brake gear Seal which I have on order.  I checked with my parts house today and they said it was on back order.  Talking with the owner of the parts house she was saying even if they show a break down of the parts they may be hard to get.  It sounds like yours may be a bit further along then the one we have here.  It will still pull the hills but you have to pull back on the right hand motion lever to go straight, about a 1/2"  difference between the two levers.

Right now the plan is to fix the leak and see if it will make it through the season then tear it down this winter and rebuild.  No I don't have any experience with this type of tyranny work 

If you start your rebuild before I do, start a thread on the rebuild and that way maybe we can help one another and if end up starting mine first I'll do the same.  I've attached the manuals I have found so far.  Plus partstree.com has a good breakdown as well.

Attached File  RZT50-Owner.pdf   8.08MB   508 downloads, Attached File  RZT50-Parts.pdf   9.24MB   85 downloads

Attached File  RZT50VT_Operators.pdf   2.27MB   125 downloads, Attached File  RZT Service manual.pdf   4.57MB   165 downloads 

Thank you so much, I really appreciate the manual!  That is the one I have been looking for! :thumbs: