• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 20, 2010 - 08:29 PM

I bought a MF1650 that needs a carb, (last pic)I really bought it as a parts tractor for my other 1650 (third pic) because it had a rear 3 point and a rear PTO. I paid 275 for it and under 500 for the other. The third 1650 (first pic)has a 3 point and rear PTO and runs great I paid 600 for it, and a guy came buy and gave me 1400.00 for it. I'm buying a completely restored Wheel Horse D200 with anew 25 hp Kohler V-twin and a 3 point and woods shaft drive finish mower for just about the same price. I really hate it when you tell someone to make a offer and it's a lot of money. I really want a D200 and I'm going to end up with a 1650 with a rear PTO and 3 point hitch anyway, along with the real nice MF1450 (second pic) I don't need them all and cant store them all. I'm getting real close to 20 tractors, so one tractor goes and it doesn't look so bad when I get another. I really want big Hydros from the late 70s early 80s, and I get another brand, next I want a big Allis/Simplicity, or maybe a Deere 318 or 400 series diesel. I really hate to sell or trade, but I know I can't keep them all

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF1058..jpg
  • DSCF1057..jpg
  • DSCF1059..jpg
  • DSCF1056..jpg

#2 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,608 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted February 20, 2010 - 09:33 PM

You made a nice profit, and sometimes we have to let things go to support the hobby. You did good!

#3 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 20, 2010 - 10:12 PM

http://images.craigs...7cc7ac41b40.jpg

#4 tweidman ONLINE  

tweidman

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5
  • 250 Thanks
  • 797 posts

Posted February 20, 2010 - 10:52 PM

http://images.craigs...7cc7ac41b40.jpg

Do you like the look of that tractor? I know they are supposed to be great machines, but Man, I think they are ugly.

Posted Image

#5 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 21, 2010 - 08:56 AM

Kind of like the old international trucks or even the old Dodge trucks. They aren't stylish, but this may rival aNY machine out there for power and durablity. I buy machines that you dont see every day, if I wanted I could fill this 20 acres with great looking Cub Cadets or John Deeres they are a dime a dozen, and quite frankly I'm less than impressed with the quality of either in comparison to a Bolens, Wheel Horse, Massey, Allis, or Simplicity. As far as I'm concerned they are "garden variety", just for their availability alone

#6 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 21, 2010 - 09:12 AM

It is a shame you are so far away, I could have you find me a 1855. That's a heck of a profit you made on the 1650. I think the D200 is a good idea because it is different and something you don't see everyday :D

#7 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,608 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted February 21, 2010 - 09:38 AM

The D200 looks in awfully good shape! I used to find them less than pretty to look at, but they've grown on me. They've ALWAYS looked tough as nails though.

#8 Gary Burnett OFFLINE  

Gary Burnett

• Member No: 44
  • 10 Thanks
  • 98 posts

Posted February 21, 2010 - 11:51 AM

I'll be curious how you like the D200,I had a D180 and found it not to be nearly as rugged and durable as the Sunstars,Case 400 series and large Masseys.The WH GT14 I have even had a heavier rear than the D180.

#9 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,608 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted February 21, 2010 - 11:54 AM

I used to have a GT14, and they truly did have a VERY strong rear drive!

#10 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 22, 2010 - 08:32 AM

Bad news, the guy decided not to sell the D200. All is not lost, I'm an Okie and I found a tractor in Muskogee. Ford LGT 145 w/54 inch deck, looks great the guy wanted 1200, he's moving today and it's been for sale at that price since before the holiday's, I asked if he would take 750 he said yes. It's probably to much still but I really wanted it for my wife (she does all the mowing, weed eating, gardening, etc, etc, blah,blah,blah,blah) and she loves blue. I saw a 1855 in good shape down the road, the guy wants 1650.00 for, but the carbs messed up, It's been for sale for a month or so, nobodys biting, I'll give him a little time and go over there with 9 100 bills and see if I can t load it up, it comes with front blade, deck, wheel weights, and chains

Attached Thumbnails

• lgt145..jpg

#11 NUTNDUN ONLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 22, 2010 - 12:13 PM

Sorry to hear about the D200. If I can't find a 1855 around here for a good price I might be having you find me one and I will come and get it since you seem to have a knack for finding them.

#12 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 22, 2010 - 10:07 PM

Looks Like the Massey/Snapper 1650 I sold, may fall through, or did fall through. The guy asked what I wanted for it the other day, and I said 1400. He said okay, and he'd be by in a day or so to pick it up. He calls today and says "the wife thinks I should have done some negotiating", and I said well maybe you should have, but you didn't. He asked would you take 1000 for it, I said we already settled on a price on Saturday, and he says, so your not willing to dicker. I said no, not now. He said he'd think about it, and I said he didn't have too, I wasn't selling anymore. I probably shouldn't have said that, but I really don't need to sell it, especially not to him, oh well, I still have three 1650's and a 1450. I'm still looking for a block for it. I think Brian Miller has one, he's looking for me. I just might get that 1855, but I want something different, maybe another Ariens, Allis, or Case

#13 Gary Burnett OFFLINE  

Gary Burnett

• Member No: 44
  • 10 Thanks
  • 98 posts

Posted February 23, 2010 - 06:57 AM

Those Fords are good tractors I have a couple 145s and a real nice 165 with factor 3pt hitch they're good pulling tractors and handle well.Also have a 165 parts tractor (no engine) if you need anything.

#14 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 24, 2010 - 08:10 AM

Thanks Gary, the seat/toolbox hinge had been broken and repaired poorley with a piano hinge, which also was broken. I found a nice stainless piano hinge and did a nice repair job for 20.00, the very next day I see one in perfect shape on ebay for 20.00, so I buy it. It's been going that way for me for a while. I'd like to have athree point on it, but I have know idea where to find one, I've checked ebay, googled it, and did a search tempest search. I wonder if they may still have them in stock? I found a exhaust manifold for a 1962 Mercury Comet with a 144ci six cylinder not that long ago, ordered it from the dealer

#15 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 25, 2010 - 10:01 PM

I got the 26 x12-12's for the 1650, not sure what to use for front's any ideas would be great. I also have a set of 4.00x4.80-8 tri ribs and need to know what rims to put them on to either fit the spindles or to add 4 lug rims, Thanks

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF1080..JPG
  • DSCF1081..JPG
  • DSCF1086..JPG