• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Lawntractornut OFFLINE  

Lawntractornut

• Member No: 1552
  • 2 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted November 20, 2010 - 11:45 PM

Hi people, I'm trying to compile as much info and pics on the Massey Ferguson MF series of lawn and garden tractors from 1966 to 1977 to start my own data base of information. I would be interested in tech info, manuals sales brochures, rebuild stories and pics. I'm looking for that special little gem of info/picture that isn't already listed on one of the many sites. You can e-mail me at ed-bouman@hotmail.com with anything you might have. I have also started a Lawn Tractor club on FaceBook if anyone wants to check it out, or join, and send stories and pictures, it's called the Trentwood Lawn Choppers. I started the group 2 years ago for the guys in my neighbourhood who all drive around on their lawn tractors. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Ed Bouman

Edited by Lawntractornut, November 21, 2010 - 12:40 AM.
added infoormation

#2 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,630 Thanks
  • 3,869 posts

Posted November 21, 2010 - 12:01 AM

Hi.
Lots of info already here. See Manuals Section.
Please share yours with us as well.

#3 Lawntractornut OFFLINE  

Lawntractornut

• Member No: 1552
  • 2 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted November 21, 2010 - 12:33 AM

Thanks for the reply Ducky! I have checked out the manuals on this site, and I have to admit they are very impressive, and there are many I don't have. I have a complete owners manual for a 1967 Massey Ferguson MF-12 that I will share on this site in the next few days for anyone that is interested.

Lawntractornut

#4 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,300 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted November 21, 2010 - 05:23 AM

Thanks for the reply Ducky! I have checked out the manuals on this site, and I have to admit they are very impressive, and there are many I don't have. I have a complete owners manual for a 1967 Massey Ferguson MF-12 that I will share on this site in the next few days for anyone that is interested.

Lawntractornut

Thanks for sharing & welcome to the "Neighborhood". Friendly bunch we have on here.

#5 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted November 21, 2010 - 05:44 AM

Lawntractornut:welcometogttalk::canada:

Your manual will be greatly appreciated

#6 poncho62 OFFLINE  

poncho62
  • Member No: 42
  • 633 Thanks
  • 1,220 posts

Posted November 21, 2010 - 08:02 AM

Welcome....Also in ontario....will check out that Facebook group

#7 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,692 Thanks
  • 17,206 posts

Posted November 21, 2010 - 08:42 AM

Welcome to the Forum!
Enjoy the many Forums and thanks for the manual contribution!

#8 Guest_Big Bill_*

Guest_Big Bill_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted November 22, 2010 - 10:55 PM

You can call Dan or David at Hesston , they have all the info on the production and products, that's who I talked to for info. They said someone from this group, or another one, maybe called about a year ago for production numbers on the MF7-16 tractors and wanted info on the MF1450, 1650 etc tractors. Apparently Snapper made those tractors, and they sold the line to Mission MFG who owns Power King, the trail seems to go dead after that, because Ingersoll's made Massey's after that, and I doubt any of those production records went to PK, In fact I doubt Snapper sent any production numbers to PK, and I doubt PK sent any old production numbers to Ingersoll. I know Snapper has them, getting someone to find the paperwork is the trick. Also University of Iowa has a large amount of color product brochures in their library available for a price.

#9 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted November 22, 2010 - 11:25 PM

:wave: Welcome to the forum lawntractornut! We're glad that you've found us. There are a lot of Massey guys on here who would be VERY interested in a database such as you are working on. I think that this site would be a wonderful place to have such a project posted as well. Hope that you spend some time on here and get to know the friendly neighborhood atmosphere, ask some questions, and maybe even answer a few.

#10 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,630 Thanks
  • 3,869 posts

Posted November 22, 2010 - 11:36 PM

You can call Dan or David at Hesston , they have all the info on the production and products, that's who I talked to for info. They said someone from this group, or another one, maybe called about a year ago for production numbers on the MF7-16 tractors and wanted info on the MF1450, 1650 etc tractors. Apparently Snapper made those tractors, and they sold the line to Mission MFG who owns Power King, the trail seems to go dead after that, because Ingersoll's made Massey's after that, and I doubt any of those production records went to PK, In fact I doubt Snapper sent any production numbers to PK, and I doubt PK sent any old production numbers to Ingersoll. I know Snapper has them, getting someone to find the paperwork is the trick. Also University of Iowa has a large amount of color product brochures in their library available for a price.

I have a post in the Manuals section what I believe is somewhat correct as to the 50 and 55 series Massey tractors. It came from an old tractor manual and I have seen mistake in it. If you check the tractors I have in our registry I have listed the serial #s but have to guess at the year I am going to get that corrected when we have some time this winter.
Any info you can help me with in this quest to verify the serial #/date of birth would be much appreciated.