#16 Nato77 OFFLINE  

Old Iron Junky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9422
  • 1,635 Thanks
  • 1,325 posts

Posted October 16, 2013 - 12:54 AM

A little late with the pics. I needed to clear out some of the grove to plant some new trees. So I brought the Ole Gravely back there and it only took 10 mins. of cutting to get done what I needed to.

Before and after.

248.JPG 249.JPG

I'm still impressed with its performance every time I use it. A well built machine! I guess that's why they made them for so may years.

• HowardsMF155 said thank you

#17 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,689 Thanks
  • 2,911 posts

Posted October 16, 2013 - 07:50 PM

Excellent to see another Gravely being put to use!  I spent an hour or more over the weekend working on a church member's hill in the back of her yard.  The pastor remarked that he "expected to see a bunch of VC come charging out" because it had gotten so overgrown.  Briars and bushes up over the handle bars, and a slope that requires dual wheels to keep from tipping over, Gravely just mulched everything.  

#18 mrf1002u OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10345
  • 95 Thanks
  • 162 posts

Posted November 01, 2013 - 03:30 PM

That brush hog is a monster. If you have the 3/8" thick brush hog blade on it, it will take out 1 1/2" thick saplings with ease and then chopem' up and spit them out FAST. Don't let anyone stand in front of you and to your right when you are running it!  You should add your pics to the http://gardentractor...those-gravelys/ topic at the beginning of this category.  I just added mine there.

Larry W.