Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Massey Gc 2300 Rocker Style Hydro Pedal?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Luke ONLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• Member No: 204
  • 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted August 03, 2013 - 10:51 PM

Went and looked at a used 2300 today. I'm seriously thinking of picking it up as a third mowing rig for the wife to run. Only complaint I/we have is the design of the hydro pedal. It's very awkward to move from forward to reverse without taking foot off pedal to reposition. Maybe if you had a size 15 foot it would work better but either of us are Sasquatch! Lol My question is has anybody redesigned that pedal to accomadate a smaller foot or is there a way to update it to the newer style 2 pedal design like the 2400 and 2600 tractors!? This is the only thing holding me back from bringing it home as the wife isn't happy with the pedal......says its uncomfortable! I must agree with her......it sucks! Thanks for any help! Luke

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted August 04, 2013 - 06:48 AM

I'm not sure about redesigning the pedal, but that same issue is what kept me from a Kubota BX a few years back. Having to move your foot and use your heel to do reverse just didn't cut it when I was used to the JD 2 pedal system where you just move the front of your foot to get reverse. Perhaps you'll hear from 2300 owners who can tell you how long it takes to get used to it. 

#3 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,076 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted August 04, 2013 - 01:31 PM

took me awhile too get used to mine.I liked the foot pedal that my MF 1655 had way better. After awhile it gets to be the norm so I just use it the way it is.I had thought of redesigining the pedal but just never got around to doing it and it works fine.and yes its almost the same on my Kubota.