• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,399 Thanks
  • 1,861 posts

Posted August 03, 2013 - 10:11 PM

My neighbor is looking at one of these as well as a 3000... this 2000 is the 1965+ 3 cyl models not the earlier 4 cyl 2000's...

at one time a few years back I was looking for something about this size.. either this exact model or there was one International model that was about the same size I was interested in...

this is the same guy that had the FF 24 for sale that I had posted here...

I got all the numbers off the underhood decal but I guess those don't tell year, there's one on the tranny somewhere I gotta go back and get to find that out.   I know that  series was built from '65 to '75

i'd guess this one to be somewhere right in the middle of that range... It has a loader on it and the 8 speed tranny...

the brakes clutch tranny etc all seem OK but the motor is stuck;  plugs are out and the cyls are full of either ATF or penetrant.  tractor itself in decent shape.

I am certainly out of the loop on prices these are bringing... yikes! they have shot up to "stupid price" territory in the past 3 years since I was looking....

I was wondering... these ARE a replaceable-sleeve style engine right?  If so being "stuck" does not bother me that bad, just get the "complete" kit including sleeves...

He has given the guy an offer,  IDK if it will be accepted by the seller/ but Bud said he would only persue it if I would do the repairs on it...

Though I do know he could gat a runner cheaper than buying this one and re-doing the whole engine plus replacing the leaking power assist steering cylinders

and not knowing if the hydro pump is any good, or what else may be wrong with it...

so,  whether *this* one or another tractor similar   what are the general "pitfalls" of this series of Ford tractors?   Does this particular model have a "Live" PTO?

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted August 04, 2013 - 01:24 PM

I can not tell you much. have never been around one Tractor Data says it could be either transmit ion or live pto