• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 T Guiles OFFLINE  

T Guiles
  • Member No: 39800
  • 952 Thanks
  • 749 posts

Posted August 03, 2013 - 10:38 AM

Thanks to everyone for the input on the value of this GT, I'm gonna have to check with my sponsor to see if it's in the cards.                     I agree with LilysDad  the old tractors are over priced, and money pits that are hard to find parts for, most of all they are totally unreliable, burn fuel like crazy!!! :smilewink:  I feel the best option is to go down to your local dealer and buy a brand spanking new tractor that will need no work, and if it does straight back to the dealer. 100 DOLLARS FOR ALL OLD GT's!!!!!!!   

• LilysDad, Rock farmer and OkieGt have said thanks

#17 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 36782
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 03, 2013 - 12:13 PM

Thanks to everyone for the input on the value of this GT, I'm gonna have to check with my sponsor to see if it's in the cards.                     I agree with LilysDad  the old tractors are over priced, and money pits that are hard to find parts for, most of all they are totally unreliable, burn fuel like crazy!!! :smilewink:  I feel the best option is to go down to your local dealer and buy a brand spanking new tractor that will need no work, and if it does straight back to the dealer. 100 DOLLARS FOR ALL OLD GT's!!!!!!!   

I agree, just let me know were I can pick them up!!! lol, I'm not sure what you mean about the fuel though  I've never checked or been real interested in the fuel milage of anthing I drive. It is what is and to waste time thinking of it cuts your life short for nickles and dimes, or even dollars. I mow 1-1/2 acre on about a gallon of fuel, is that a lot for a 16hp kohler hydro? I know it cost me over 100.00 to fill the tanks on all my Garden Tractors 

Edited by OkieGt, August 03, 2013 - 12:17 PM.

• T Guiles said thank you

#18 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 03, 2013 - 07:47 PM

What is valuable may not be worth anything...............................

Those are very true words and it pertains to life and not just tractors

• A.C.T. and T Guiles have said thanks

#19 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 03, 2013 - 07:51 PM

I know what these tractors go for up here in the northeast. At least, I've been watching the listings! That tractor would be listed of $1500. But the mower deck, mounted complete? And another $300. The snowblower is rear, hard to price. I would say $300 to $500 for that. It does not have the three point hitch parts. But, I believe they can be easily added. It does not have a rear pto. And you'll never find one.
That tractor has a twenty horse Kohler cast iron twin K 532. It has power steering. It has an Eaton 1100 hi/lo transmission with foot control. It has extra hydraulic ports for the front.
They are relatively hard to find. Compare it to a John Deere 420. The JD would probably cost you $3500 to $4500. Me, if I didn't already have one, I'd ave no problem going $1500 to $2000 on it. If you don't get it let me know where it is! It would be worth the drive!

Joe

Thanks for your assessment!!! many eople here in Oklahoma see a GT and say 100-200, they dont know what they are, and dont care that they were made to last or that they are important to history

• Rock farmer and T Guiles have said thanks

#20 TomLGT195 OFFLINE  

TomLGT195
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 2,802 Thanks
  • 2,201 posts

Posted August 03, 2013 - 08:26 PM

what is his asking price? That whole package is worth $1500 +/- if you want to pay that much. the big difference btw your  165 and the 195 is about 6" in tracking width and a terrible turning radius. it does have power steering but you will still be doing K turns. do you really need a 60" mowing deck?  you need a flat lawn for that. 

I have a 145 that works great as a mower with a plow blade, the only reason I bought my 195 is to mount a FEL I also have a pto driven snow blower.

195 ford.jpg

• Rock farmer, OkieGt and T Guiles have said thanks

#21 Bmerf ONLINE  

Bmerf

Patina Farmer / Rust Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9846
  • 1,708 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted August 03, 2013 - 09:29 PM

... a terrible turning radius. it does have power steering but you will still be doing K turns. do you really need a 60" mowing deck?  you need a flat lawn for that. 

:ditto: Turning radius sucks. But, that 60" deck sure mows nice! :love:

• T Guiles said thank you

#22 T Guiles OFFLINE  

T Guiles
  • Member No: 39800
  • 952 Thanks
  • 749 posts

Posted August 04, 2013 - 01:06 AM

She truly is a sweet tractor, but I have no practical use for it , I mow less than a postage stamp and it's not even close to flat.Their was quite a few people right on the money....1600 bucks  The owner has turned down 1400 so he's firm. If anyone is really interested message me and I'll go back over and get his number. It is located close to Binghamton NY so maybe mapquest your driving distance first .I'll bet I'm the first guy to say it's "TOO MUCH TRACTOR" but it would really be the truth.So message me if interested and thanks again for all the responces 

• MH81, Rock farmer, TomLGT195 and 1 other said thanks

#23 Russ OFFLINE  

Russ

• Member No: 8191
  • 131 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted August 06, 2013 - 11:39 AM

hhhhmmmm,,,,, Well I own a 195 an sure wouldn't take 2500 bucks for mine,, I know it's high but sure love my 195 so far there ain't nothing that I can't do with it for everything that I get into,,,, An still does a great job at cuttin my grass ,,,,,  :dancingbanana:

• Rock farmer and T Guiles have said thanks