Garden Tractor Forums banner

Found The Limit Of The Lgt 125 Today

3K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  T Guiles 
#1 ·
Did a stone boat pull on concrete . Tractor weighted to 1200# boat 3500# and he smoked the tires. Weighted to 1500# and got the tires hot and that was it! Full relief stall. The 12 HP Kohler just kept right on trucking! Looks like some relief work is on the books... Actually we need to get the other LGT 100 we have going. That is standard and should do better.

#5 ·
There was a powerking that just killed every class over 1200# he full pulled 1500# and 1800# with 12 HP!! It has the same rear as my 125 but a standard in front instead of the hydro!! WAY COOL SETUP!!

#7 ·
Yup pulled it full until it was weighted to 3750# then just spun in the 1200# class .
It wouldn't budge it in the 1500# class once the tires got hot and bit. He just blew over the relief and did nothing but hold the front wheels in the air.
And this is pulling with a 9" hitch!! So boys if you think you stock tractor doesn't pull .... think again!!! One of the best stone boat pullers i have ever seen is a wheelhorse!!!!!!!!! They killed everything !!! And took all three spots driven by 3 little girls !! This was in all the lower classes 900#,-1200# . 1500# and 1800# was taken with a Powerking.

Reactions: KennyP
#8 ·
Sounds like there is more potential there. If the hydro is healthy it should soak up the entire 12hp no problem. Have you thought of running synthetic Amsoil in the hydro. It should result in a bit less friction and lower operating temps.

#10 ·
No pics as of yet, the hydro was stone cold even when it found the relief. That was plenty for it and I'm glad nothing broke.

#13 ·
The ol' Ford was some loaded for sure! What was tough was the hitch height, at only 9" it really messes up your tri- angle , so figuring the balance is very different.

#15 ·
:wewantpics: I'm curious to see how it's set up.
Pics were taken with a lousy Iphone, and didn't come out :( I'll need to get after my brother and his wife for the poor pic quality LOL .

I wasn't at that pull as it was a Friday morning fair deal. I'll have some pics Sunday night though .

Reactions: KennyP
#19 ·
Yup pulled it full until it was weighted to 3750# then just spun in the 1200# class .
It wouldn't budge it in the 1500# class once the tires got hot and bit. He just blew over the relief and did nothing but hold the front wheels in the air.
And this is pulling with a 9" hitch!! So boys if you think you stock tractor doesn't pull .... think again!!! One of the best stone boat pullers i have ever seen is a wheelhorse!!!!!!!!! They killed everything !!! And took all three spots driven by 3 little girls !! This was in all the lower classes 900#,-1200# . 1500# and 1800# was taken with a Powerking.
how did you do in the 900? and the 1200?

#20 ·
That's what happens when you get things second hand.... Any rate the Ford didn't pull well as the balance isn't proper pulling from below the axle centerline, it spun in all the classes but 1500# then it said enough is enough LOL. Maybe if it had slicks it would have been better ? But being completely bone stock... He had fun.

Reactions: T Guiles
#23 ·
Thanks Chris, but a 13" rim might be a bit tough to fit LOL. A 24-12-12 is tight, and I think ,( not positive) that the 26-12-12's rub hard at the front?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.